|Los Angeles Dodgers|
June 18, 1990 |
Samaná, Dominican Republic
|September 4, 2014, for the Texas Rangers|
|Earned run average||3.05|
Lisalverto Bonilla (born June 18, 1990) is a Dominican professional baseball pitcher who is in the Los Angeles Dodgers organization. He has played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Texas Rangers.
Bonilla signed as an international free agent with the Philadelphia Phillies in 2008. He was named to appear in the All-Star Futures Game in 2012, but was unable to play due to a thumb injury. On December 9, 2012, the Phillies traded Bonilla to the Texas Rangers with Josh Lindblom for Michael Young.
The Rangers promoted Bonilla to the major leagues on September 2, 2014. He made his major league debut on September 4, pitching three innings against the Seattle Mariners, and allowing two hits. Bonilla started the 2015 season the 15-day disabled list due to shoulder impingement. On April 11, it was announced Bonilla had also suffered an elbow injury. He was moved to the 60-day disabled list.
On October 21, 2015, he was claimed off waivers by the Los Angeles Dodgers. However, they chose to non-tender him on December 2, making him a free agent. The Dodgers later re-signed him to a minor league contract with a spring training invitation and he was assigned to the Triple-A Oklahoma City Dodgers to begin the season. He pitched in 24 games for Oklahoma City and seven for the Tulsa Drillers in 2016. He was 5–7 in the 31 games and made 13 starts. His combined ERA was 3.97.
- "Injured Phillies prospect pitcher Lisalverto Bonilla misses chance to shine in Futures Game | phillies.com: News". MLB.com. June 19, 2012. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- "Michael Young deal could lead to series of moves for Texas". MLB.com. December 9, 2012. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- "Rangers recall RHP Bonilla, INF Sardinas, and RHP Tepesch from Round Rock". MLB.com. September 2, 2014. Retrieved April 12, 2015.
- Sullivan, T. R. (September 4, 2014). "Rangers lose sixth straight with rout by Mariners". MLB.com.
- Sullivan, T. R. (April 4, 2014). "Rangers will take final roster decisions to Sunday". MLB.com. Retrieved April 12, 2015.
- "Rangers put lefty Holland on 60-day disabled list". ESPN.com. Associated Press. April 11, 2015. Retrieved April 12, 2015.
- "Rangers assign 4 players to Triple-A, lose Bonilla on waiver". ESPN.com. Associated Press. October 21, 2015. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- Berry, Adam (October 21, 2015). "Rangers assign four outright to Triple-A". MLB.com. Retrieved October 23, 2015.
- Stephen, Eric (December 2, 2015). "Dodgers non-tender Juan Nicasio, Lisalverto Bonilla". SB Nation. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- Stephen, Eric (December 9, 2015). "Lisalverto Bonilla, Brooks Brown get non-roster invitations to spring training". SB Nation.
- "OKC Dodgers Release 2016 Opening Day Roster". news9.com. April 6, 2016. Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- "Lisalverto Bonilla Register Statistics & History". Baseball Reference.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to a Dominican Republic baseball pitcher is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|