Lisbon Portugal Temple
|Lisbon Portugal Temple|
|Announcement||2 October 2010|
|Groundbreaking||5 December 2015 by
|Official website • News & images|
The Lisbon Portugal Temple is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) under construction in the civil parish of Moscavide e Portela, in the Portuguese municipality of Lisbon.
On 22 October 2015, the church announced that the temple would be constructed in the Parque das Nações area of Lisbon, along Avenida Dom João II. A groundbreaking ceremony, to signify the beginning of construction, took place on 5 December 2015, with Patrick Kearon presiding. The groundbreaking was broadcast live to local church meetinghouses.
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Portugal
- "Groundbreaking Held for the First Temple in Portugal". Newsroom, United Kingdom. LDS Church. 5 December 2015.
- Taylor, Scott (2 October 2010), "President Thomas S. Monson opens conference by announcing 5 new temples", Deseret News, retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Five New Temples Announced". Newsroom. LDS Church. 2 October 2010.
- "Groundbreaking Announced for Lisbon Portugal Temple". Newsroom. LDS Church. 22 October 2015.
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|