|No. of listings||74|
|Market cap||Euro 281 billion (2006)|
Euronext Lisbon trades equities, public and private bonds, participation bonds, warrants, corporate warrants, investment trust units, and exchange traded funds. The BVL General index is the exchanges official index, and includes all listed shares on the official market. Settlement is T+2. Derivatives include long-term interest rate futures, three-month Lisbor futures, stock index futures and options on the PSI-20 Stock index, and Portuguese stock futures. Trading hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The predecessor of the Bolsa de Valores de Lisboa (Lisbon Stock Exchange) was created in 1769 as the Assembleia dos Homens de Negócio in the Praça do Comércio Square, Lisbon downtown. In 1891, the Bolsa de Valores do Porto (Oporto Stock Exchange) in Oporto was founded.
The Euronext Lisbon was formed in 2002 when the shares of Bolsa de Valores de Lisboa e Porto (BVLP) were acquired by Euronext N.V. and the exchange was merged into the pan-European exchange. BVLP, the Portuguese exchange, was formed in the 1990s restructuring of the Lisbon Stock Exchange association and the Porto Derivatives Exchange Association.
At the end of 2001, 65 companies were listed on BVLP-regulated markets, representing a market capitalization of Euro 96.1 billion. From January to December 2001, a total of 4.7 million futures and options contracts were traded on the BVLP market.
In 2007, after the merger of Euronext and NYSE, Euronext Lisbon joined the new NYSE Euronext group, the largest corporation operating multiple securities exchanges in the world. In June 2014 Euronext completed an initial public offering making it again a standalone company. 
- List of European stock exchanges
- Portuguese Securities Market Commission
- Euronext Amsterdam
- Euronext Brussels
- Euronext Paris
- Euronext (2007-04-17). "Euronext Lisbon Fact book 2006".
- (Portuguese) História da Bolsa de Valores de Lisboa, Millennium bcp
- "IntercontinentalExchange Completes Acquisition of NYSE Euronext" (Press release). ICE Intercontinental Exchange. 2013-11-13. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "ICE buys NYSE-Euronext. The end of the street". The Economist (New York: London, The Economist Newspaper Ltd.) 2013 (November 16). 2013-11-16. ISSN 0013-0613. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "Intercontinental Exchange Announces Closing of Euronext Initial Public Offering". ICE Press Release. Retrieved 47 August 2014. Check date values in: