Lisbon Township, Kendall County, Illinois
the smaller town in yorkville
Location in Kendall County
Kendall County's location in Illinois
|• Total||36.59 sq mi (94.8 km2)|
|• Land||36.59 sq mi (94.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||604 ft (184 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||24.6/sq mi (9.5/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429263|
Early settler John Moore was credited with naming Lisbon Township after Lisbon, Portugal, commenting he wanted a name that was "different." It contains portions of the communities of Helmar, Lisbon and Plattville. With a population of just under 1,000, it is the least-populous township in Kendall County.
It is located at 41.506551 N, -88.419992 W. According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.59 square miles (94.8 km2), all land.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, and Highway Commissioner.
- "Lisbon Township, Kendall County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
|This Kendall County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|