Lish McBride is an American writer of urban fantasy. Her first book was Hold Me Closer, Necromancer, a young-adult novel about a fast-food fry cook who learns he is a necromancer. It won a 2011 Washington State Book Award and the annual William C. Morris YA Debut Award. Her second novel, Necromancing the Stone, was released in September 2012.
McBride grew up outside Seattle. She moved to Seattle when she was 21, then to New Orleans for her MFA in fiction.[clarification needed] After completing her degree, she returned to Seattle, where she lived as of late 2010.
- Hold Me Closer, Necromancer (October 2010, ISBN 9780805090987)
- Necromancing the Stone (September 2012, ISBN 9780805090994)
- Firebug (September 2014, ISBN 9780805098624)
- "Death & Waffles" in Burniac, Lauren, ed. (2015). Fierce Reads: Kisses and Curses. Square Fish. ISBN 9781250060532.
- Lish McBride at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Hold Me Closer, Necromancer". Kirkus Reviews. September 1, 2010.
- "2011 Washington State Book Awards winners".
- "An Interview with Lish McBride, Local Author, Necromancer Wrangler and Horror Movie Buff". Amy Mikel.Seattlest. October 15, 2010.
- Official website
- Lish McBride at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Lish McBride at Library of Congress Authorities, with 2 catalog records
|This article about a children's author from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|