This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Elyse E. Gottlieb|
July 29, 1970
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Pen name||Lisi Harrison|
Elyse E. "Lisi" Harrison (née Gottlieb; born on July 29, 1970) is a Canadian-born author. She writes young adult fiction and is well known for her three series The Clique, Alphas and Monster High.
Lisi Harrison was born and raised by her parents Ken Gottlieb and Shaila Gottlieb in Toronto along with her brother and sister. Harrison makes reference to her parents by dedicating her first "Clique" book to them, and she references her siblings in A Tale Of Two Pretties.
Harrison attended a Hebrew school up until she was in ninth grade, then she attended a public high school, Forest Hill Collegiate. After graduating high school, she moved to Montreal, Quebec at age 18 to attend McGill University. She was studying for a film major but left the school two years later realizing writing was her true passion. She transferred to Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts to continue her writing. She graduated Emerson with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in creative writing.
Before becoming a best-selling author, Harrison moved away from Boston and worked for 12 years at MTV in New York City. Over time she became the Senior Director of Development where she was able to create and develop new shows for the network. The author said, "I learned what appeals to teens. I learned how to hold someone’s attention. I learned that everyone wants to fit in and be accepted, no matter how old they are," of her experience while working at MTV. Her experience at the network was the inspiration for her bestselling series The Clique, because it reminded her of middle school life. She started writing the first two novels in the series while working at MTV so that she would still have a job if her writing career didn’t work out. After selling over 9 million copies in her "Clique" series, Harrison quit her MTV job in June 2004 and focused on her writing career.
She has written three separate young adult book series: The Clique, Alphas, Monster High and "Pretenders".
The Clique series has 21 books in total, including a prequel, a summer collection and a dictionary-style book called The Cliquetionary. The Summer Collection is a collection of five individual books entitled with each character's names, which are about each girl's summer vacation.
Harrison 's first adult series, The Dirty Book Club, was released out October 10, 2017.
The Clique series
- The Clique (later also a movie)
- Best Friends For Never
- Revenge Of The Wannabes
- Invasion Of The Boy Snatchers
- The Pretty Committee Strikes Back
- Dial L For Loser
- It's Not Easy Being Mean
- Sealed With A Diss
- The Clique Summer Collection: Massie
- The Clique Summer Collection: Dylan
- The Clique Summer Collection: Alicia
- The Clique Summer Collection: Kristen
- The Clique Summer Collection: Claire
- Bratfest At Tiffany's
- P.S. I Loathe You
- Boys R Us
- These Boots Are Made For Stalking
- My Little Phony
- A Tale Of Two Pretties
- Charmed And Dangerous: The Rise Of The Pretty Committee
- The Cliquetionary
- Movers And Fakers
- Belle Of The Brawl
- Top Of The Feud Chain
Monster High series
- Monster High
- The Ghoul Next Door
- Where There's A Wolf, There's A Way
- Back and Deader Than Ever
- Drop Dead Diary
- License To Spill
- "About". lisiharrison.com. 2 August 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Joanna Clay. "Hard to write in beautiful Laguna, but write she does". latimes.com. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-10. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-09-09. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- "The Clique - Alloy Books". alloyentertainment.com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-16. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- "The Clique Summer Collection Series - Alloy Books". alloyentertainment.com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-16. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- "Alphas Series - Alloy Books". alloyentertainment.com. Archived from the original on 2012-06-23. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- "Monster High - Play Games, Watch Videos for Kids - Monster High". monsterhigh.com. Retrieved 10 January 2017.