ListBot was a large email list hosting service originally created by Submit It! Inc., a privately held company based in Bedford, Massachusetts. In June 1998, ListBot became part of LinkExchange, which acquired Submit It! Inc. In November 1998, ListBot became a Microsoft property via the acquisition of LinkExchange.
As of January 2000, ListBot was used by over a half million individuals and businesses, sending email to more than 20 million subscribers. In August 2001, Microsoft shuttered the site in favor of the Redmond-developed ListBuilder.
- "LinkExchange announces partnership with Submit It!". Business Wire. December 12, 1996.
- "LinkExchange Acquires Submit It!". ClickZ. June 24, 1998.
- "Acquisition Enables MSN to Reach More Customers". Microsoft News Center. November 5, 1998.
- "Over 20 Million Subscribers to E-Mail Lists Make ListBot an Industry Leader". Microsoft News Center. January 10, 2000.
- Leyden, John (25 June 2001). "Microsoft to delist ListBot in August: But it's got an alternative you can pay for". The Register.