List of UK Singles Chart number ones of the 2010s
|UK Singles Chart number ones|
|UK Singles Chart
Official Charts Company
Christmas number one
The UK Singles Chart is a record chart compiled by the Official Charts Company (OCC) on behalf of the British record industry. As of 10 July 2015, the chart week runs from Friday to Thursday with the chart-date given as the following Thursday. Before this, the chart week ran from Sunday to Saturday, with the chart-date given as the following Saturday.
|No.||nth single to top the UK Singles Chart|
|re||Return of a single to number one|
|Best-selling single of the year[a]|
The following artists have all spent a total of ten or more weeks at the number-one spot during the 2010s.
|Artist||Number ones||Weeks at number-one||Notes|
|Bieber, JustinJustin Bieber||4||18||
|Mars, BrunoBruno Mars||5||13|
|Williams, PharrellPharrell Williams||3||13|
|Harris, CalvinCalvin Harris||5||10||
|Glynne, JessJess Glynne||5||10|
By record label
Fourteen record labels have spent ten or more weeks at the top of the UK Singles Chart so far during the 2010s.
|Record label||Number ones||Weeks at number-one|
|Def Jam Records||11||26|
|Warner Bros. Records||8||17|
|Cash Money Records||1||15|
|Ministry of Sound||10||13|
Million-selling and Platinum records
Since April 1973, the British Phonographic Industry has been classifying singles by the number of units shipped or by sales. The highest threshold is "Platinum record" and is currently awarded to singles that have shipped or sold over 600,000 units.[d] From July 2014, BPI certifications (along with the Official Singles Chart) include audio streaming at 100 streams equal to one unit; these are referred to as 'combined sales' or 'chart sales'. So for example, "All of Me" by John Legend was certified double Platinum (1,200,000 combined sales) in October 2014 and became a million-seller in January 2015.
For million selling records see List of million-selling singles in the United Kingdom
For Platinum singles see List of Platinum singles in the United Kingdom awarded since 2000
- List of UK Albums Chart number ones of the 2010s
- List of Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles of the 2010s
- List of Official Subscription Plays Chart number-one songs of the 2010s
- In 2010, the best-selling single of the year was "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem featuring Rihanna, which entered the chart on 27 June and peaked at number two.
- The artist, single, date of reaching number one and number of weeks at number one are those given by the Official Charts Company.
- The record labels are those given by the OCC.
- The number of sales required to qualify for Platinum, Gold and Silver discs was dropped in 1989 from the former thresholds of Silver (250,000 units), Gold (500,000 units), and Platinum (1,000,000 units) to the current thresholds of Silver (200,000 units), Gold (400,000 units), and Platinum (600,000 units).
- "About Us > Who We Are". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- Jones, Alan (11 June 2012). "Official Charts Analysis: Gary Barlow tops Album and Singles".
- "Artist Chart History". London: Official Charts Company. 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Military Wives with Gareth Malone and Paul Mealor". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "Gary Barlow and The Commonwealth Band featuring Military Wives". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2012-06-09.
- "Certified Awards". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "International Certification Award levels" (PDF). International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. March 2010. p. 7. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- Gallup (4 February 1989). "The Top of the Pops Chart" (PDF). Record Mirror: 4. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- Copsey, Rob (15 January 2015). "John Legend's All of Me passes one million sales in the UK: "What an amazing year!"". Official Charts Company.