List of Ajax frameworks
|YUI Library, a set of utilities and controls, for building richly interactive web applications using techniques such as DOM scripting, DHTML and Ajax.||BSD|
|ASP.NET AJAX, a set of extensions to ASP.NET for implementing Ajax functionality.||Microsoft Public License|
|Spry framework, an open source Ajax framework developed by Adobe which is used in the construction of Rich Internet applications. It is no longer maintained.||MIT|
|Ext JS, a library that extends Prototype, Jquery and YUI until version 1.0. Since version 1.1 a standalone Ajax framework.||GPLv3 or proprietary|
|Backbone.js, loosely based on the Model-View-Controller application design paradigm||MIT|
Other frameworks that are more AJAX specific, and not among the list of general purpose frameworks:
- AJAX.OOP, an open source framework, it provides an OOP-style programming engine and Ajax requests-handling functionality to create web 2.0 components.
- Ample SDK, standards-based Ajax framework for Rich Internet application development
- Bindows, an enterprise Ajax framework, with Windows look and feel
- Smartclient, provides a zero-install DHTML/Ajax client engine, user interface components and services, and client-server data-binding systems.
- SproutCore, designed to make desktop-like apps for the web
These frameworks use Java for server-side Ajax operations:
- Apache Wicket an open-source Java server-centric framework supporting Ajax development
- AribaWeb an open-source framework with Reflection and Object-Relational mapping
- Backbase enterprise Ajax for JSF
- DWR Direct Web Remoting
- Echo for Ajax servlets
- FormEngine a framework for easy creation of dynamic forms
- ItsNat a server-side Java framework focused on single-page interface applications
- JackBe enterprise Ajax framework
- JSF Java Server Faces
- OpenXava model-driven framework for creating Ajax business applications
- RAP Eclipse Rich Ajax Platform
- JBoss RichFaces, ICEfaces and PrimeFaces open-source Ajax component libraries for JavaServer Faces
- Tersus an open-source platform for developing rich web applications by visual programming
- Vaadin a server-side Java widget framework utilizing GWT
- ZK an open-source Java server+client fusion Ajax framework utilizing jQuery and XUL
The following frameworks are available for the Windows .NET platform:
- ASP.NET AJAX (previously Microsoft Atlas)
- Catalyst, Catalyst::Plugin::Prototype or other js frameworks
A PHP Ajax framework is able to deal with database, search data, and build pages or parts of page and publish the page or return data to the XMLHttpRequest object.
- Quicknet is an Ajax framework that provides secure data transmission, uses PHP on the server side
- Sajax PHP framework with a lot of functions, easy to integrate functions yourself
- Xajax uses only the XML format, on the server side
These frameworks use Python for client-side Ajax operations:
- Ashkenas, Jeremy (3 February 2014). "backbone/LICENSE". GitHub. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "AngularJS AJAX". Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "AngularJS $http". Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Mozilla Developer Network:Ajax". Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- Riding Rails: jQuery: New Default. Weblog.rubyonrails.org (2011-04-21). Retrieved on 2014-04-12.
- "Ruby on Rails Prototype helper".