List of Albanian Americans
|Lists of Americans|
|By U.S. state|
|By ethnicity or nationality|
This is a list of notable Albanian Americans, including both original immigrants who obtained American citizenship and their American descendants.
Note: An asterisk (*) next to a name indicates that the person is Arbëreshe, an Albanian subgroup from Italy.
- William G. Gregory – astronaut
Science and academia
- Carol Folt – biologist and first woman leader of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Laura Mersini-Houghton – cosmologist
- Ferid Murad – medical researcher Nobel laureate
- Arshi Pipa – philosopher, writer, poet and literary critic
- Andrea Shundi – agronomist
- Stavro Skëndi – linguist and historian
- Jim Belushi – actor
- John Belushi – actor and film producer
- Robert Belushi – actor
- James Biberi – actor
- Tracee Chimo – actress (Albanian father)
- Eliza Dushku – actress (Albanian father)
- Nate Dushku – actor (Albanian father)
- Mike Dusi – actor and film producer
- Enver Gjokaj – actor
- Victor Gojcaj – actor
- Agim Kaba – actor and film producer
- Masiela Lusha – actress
- Peter Malota – actor
- Nickola Shreli – actor and producer
- Klement Tinaj – actor
- Evis Xheneti – actress
Arts and entertainment
- Big Body Bes – hip-hop artist
- Action Bronson – hip-hop artist
- Luke Burbank – radio and podcast host
- Emina Cunmulaj – model
- Drita D'Avanzo – television personality
- Kara DioGuardi – singer-songwriter and television personality
- Tony Dovolani – professional ballroom dancer
- Stan Dragoti – film director, producer, artist
- Afërdita Dreshaj – model, singer, beauty queen
- Kristine Elezaj – singer
- JMSN – singer-songwriter and producer
- Joe Lala – actor and singer
- Paul Leka – music songwriter and producer
- G4SHI – hip-hop artist
- Angela Martini – model, beauty queen (Miss Universe Albania in 2010)
- Gjon Mili – pioneer photographer
- Burim Myftiu – contemporary photographer
- Thomas Nassi – musician and composer
- George Pali – painter
- Regis Philbin* – television personality
- Bebe Rexha – singer and songwriter
- Sislej Xhafa – contemporary artist
Business and civil society
- Anthony Athanas – restaurateur
- Ekrem Bardha – businessman, political activist
- Nicolas Berggruen – businessman
- Mark Gjonaj – businessman, politician
- Florin Krasniqi – businessman, politician
- James J. Schiro* – businessman
- Martin Shkreli – businessman
- Ramiz Tafilaj – businessman, political activist
- Fadil Berisha – photographer
- Emin Kadi – photographer, journalist, art director
- Florina Kaja – singer and reality TV actress, The Bad Girls Club Season 4
- Bill Kovach – journalist and editor
- Donald Lambro – journalist
- Eric Margolis – journalist and editor of the Toronto Sun; mother is Albanian
- Gjekë Marinaj – author and translator
- Gjon Mili – photographer
- Burim Myftiu – photographer
- Tom Perrotta* – novelist and screenwriter
- Molly Qerim – moderator, reporter
- George Tames – photographer for The New York Times
- Nick Tosches* – journalist, novelist, biographer, and poet
- Nexhmie Zaimi – journalist
- Sal Albanese* – politician
- Joseph J. DioGuardi* – Congressman
- Mark Gjonaj – Assemblyman, New York
- Konstantina Lukes – former mayor of Worcester, Massachusetts
- Fan S. Noli – former Prime Minister of Albania and founder of the Albanian Orthodox Church
- John Papajani – former Washington State Senate member
- Victor H. Schiro* – politician, 55th Mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana
- Bardhyl Tirana – co-chair of the Presidential Inaugural Committee (1976–1977) and director of the Defense Civil Preparedness Agency (1977–1979)
Science and technology
- Dilly Duka – MLS soccer player
- Lee Elia – baseball player, coach and manager
- Elizabeta Karabolli – shooting sport
- Edon Molla – basketball player
- Elvir Muriqi – professional boxer
- Aaron Palushaj – professional hockey player
- Andy Parrino* – baseball player
- Enkelejda Shehu – air pistol shooter who represented Team USA at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro
- Jaren Sina – basketball player
- Kristjan Sokoli – NFL player
- Donald Suxho – volleyball
- Andy Varipapa* – professional trick bowler
- Nikon Liolin – OCA's Bishop of Diocese of New England, Locum tenens of Diocese of the South, and Archbishop of American Albanian Archdiocese
- "Ferid Murad: Albanian-American Nobel Prize Winner". frosina.org. 6 August 2004. Archived from the original on 14 July 2011.
- Elsie, Robert. "Arshi Pipa". Robert Elsie. Archived from the original on January 9, 2012. Retrieved January 9, 2012.
Writer and scholar, Arshi Pipa (1920–1997) ..studied philosophy...published... poetry
- "The Teaching of Albanian at Columbia University by Peter Prifti, Rafaela Kondi". Questia.com. Retrieved February 15, 2011.
- TBTL with Luke Burbank: 1-18-11 12:00 pm-1:00 pm, podcast at KIRO-FM website (Burbank discusses his place on Wikipedia's List of Albanian Americans).
- "Albanian Americans". Everyculture.com. Retrieved February 15, 2011.
- "Robert Elsie: Albanian Literature in Translation". Albanianliterature.com. December 15, 2010. Retrieved February 15, 2011.
- John Crace (February 21, 2009). "Tom Perrotta interview". London: Guardian. Retrieved February 15, 2011.
- Binder, David (February 24, 1994). "George Tames, Photographer, Dies at 75". The New York Times. Retrieved May 21, 2017.
- Susan Araki Vergnani (2002). "Albanian Merchants Add Verve to Bronx's "Little Italy"". Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. Archived from the original on May 15, 2006.
- Main Page (in Albanian), Qyteza.org, retrieved 13.10.13 Check date values in:
- "Our Campaigns – Candidate – John Papajani". ourcampaigns.com.
- "MI6". google.com.
- "Albanian Americans – History, The first Albanians in america, Significant immigration waves". everyculture.com.
- Edwin Jacques (January 16, 2009), The Albanians: An Ethnic History from Prehistoric Times to the Present, 2, McFarland, p. xi, ISBN 978-0786442386, retrieved November 9, 2013
- "Demo: TransMedia's Glide". AllThingsD.
- "Albanian-American Donald Leka Selected Among 300 of the World's Most Respected Innovators" Frosina.org