List of Ambassadors of the United Kingdom to South Korea
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|British Ambassador to South Korea|
Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom
The British Ambassador to South Korea is in charge of the United Kingdom's diplomatic mission to South Korea. The official title is "Her Britannic Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Korea" (ROK).
List of heads of mission
Consul-General to Korea
Ministers to Korea
- Sir Harry Smith Parkes, 1884
- Sir John Walsham, 2nd Baronet, 1885
- Sir Nicholas Roderick O'Conor, 1892
- Sir Claude Maxwell MacDonald, 1896
- Sir John Newell Jordan, 1901-1906
- Captain Vyvyan Holt, 1949-1954.
- Andrew Charles Stewart, 1954-1956.
Envoys extraordinary and ministers plenipotentiary in Korea
Ambassadors to South Korea
- Hubert Evans, 1957
- Sir Walter Godfrey, 1961–1966
- Sir Nigel Trench, 7th Baron Ashtown, 1969–1971
- Sir Jeffrey C. Petersen, 1971–1974.
- John Albert Leigh Morgan, 1980-1983
- Nicholas Spreckley, 1983-1986
- Lawrence Middleton, 1986-1990
- Sir David Wright, 1990-1993
- Sir Thomas Harris, 1993–1998.
- Warwick Morris, 2003–2008
- Martin Uden, 2008–2011
- Scott Wightman, 2011–present
- United Kingdom-Korea Treaty of 1883
- List of diplomatic missions of the United Kingdom
- List of diplomatic missions in South Korea
- List of Ambassadors from the United Kingdom to North Korea
- Kornicki, Peter. "Aston Cambridge and Korea," Cambridge University, Department of East Asian Studies, 2008.
- Addison, Henry Robert. (1901). Who's Who Vol. 53, p. 568, p. 568, at Google Books; compare Note 12
- Korean Mission to the Conference on the Limitation of Armament, Washington, D.C., 1921-1922. (1922). 'Korea's Appeal, p. 32.
- Addison, Henry Robert. (1901). Who's Who Vol. 53, p. 1156, p. 1156, at Google Books
- The London Gazette: . 9 August 1901.
- "British Ambassadors and High Commissioners 1880-2010". Colin Mackie, Gulabin.com. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- Martin Uden blog, "Former Ambassador to Seoul passes away," 23 March 2010.
- "Sir Jeffrey Petersen: Diplomat of great ability," The Independent (London). 2 December 2006.
- UKIndia Business Council (UKIBC), Executive Board
- Barclay, Jennifer. "A diplomatic career in Korea," Anglo-Korean Society. 14 May 2008.
- UK in the Republic of Korea, Our ambassador
- Korean Mission to the Conference on the Limitation of Armament, Washington, D.C., 1921-1922. (1922). Korea's Appeal to the Conference on Limitation of Armament. Washington: U.S. Government Printing Office. OCLC 12923609