List of Arab countries by population
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This table may be more easily updated if the rank-order column (1,2,3) is removed (or separated). Alphabetical order may also help. Sort buttons order numbers: Help:Sorting.|
This is a list of Arab countries and territories by population, which is sorted by the 2015 mid-year normalized demographic projections.
(or dependent territory)
|July 1, 2015
|1||Egypt||88,523,000||22.72||2.29||1,981,000||31||89,248,000||August 3, 2015||Official population clock|
|2||Algeria||39,903,000||10.24||2.07||808,000||34||39,500,000||January 1, 2015||Official estimate|
|5||Morocco||33,680,000||8.65||1.24||412,000||56||33,337,529||September 1, 2014||Preliminary 2014 census result|
|6||Saudi Arabia||31,521,000||8.09||2.44||751,000||29||31,521,418||2015||Official estimate|
|7||Yemen||26,745,000||6.87||2.95||766,000||24||24,527,000||July 1, 2012||Official estimate|
|8||Syria||23,270,000||5.97||2.45||557,000||29||21,377,000||December 31, 2011||Official estimate|
|9||Tunisia||11,118,000||2.85||1.04||114,000||67||10,982,754||April 23, 2014||Preliminary 2014 census result|
|10||Somalia||10,972,000||2.82||1.54||166,000||45||10,806,000||July 1, 2014||Official estimate|
|11||United Arab Emirates||8,933,000||2.29||1.57||138,000||45||8,264,070||2010||Official estimate|
|16||Kuwait||4,161,000||1.07||3.00||121,000||23||4,039,445||June 30, 2014||Official estimate|
|17||Oman||4,152,000||1.07||5.09||201,000||14||4,166,849||July 28, 2015||Official estimate|
|19||Qatar||2,345,000||0.60||6.40||141,000||11||2,344,557||June 30, 2015||Monthly official estimate|
|20||Bahrain||1,781,000||0.46||7.35||122,000||10||1,234,571||April 27, 2010||Final 2010 census result|
|21||Djibouti||961,000||0.25||2.67||25,000||26||864,618||July 1, 2011||Official estimate|
|22||Comoros||783,000||0.20||2.62||20,000||27||724,300||July 1, 2012||Official estimate|
- Calculated, when available, from the latest national censuses or most recent official estimates (many of which are cited in their respective column), using the exponential formula shown on the List of countries by past and future population article. This is done to normalize the different populations to a unique date, so that they are really comparable.
- It corresponds to the following formula: projection2015/projection2014x100-100.
- It corresponds to the calculation: projection2015*annual_growth/100.
- It corresponds to the formula: LN(2)/LN(growth/100+1), which produces exactly the same result as LOG10(2)/LOG10(growth/100+1).
- It excludes the population of the disputed territory of the Western Sahara (the so-called Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic. If it was included, the Moroccan September 2014 census would result in 33,848,242 inhabitants and its mid-2015 demographic projection would give some 34,198,000 inhab.
- It comprises the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, separated between each other by an Israeli land corridor.
- List of African countries by population
- List of countries in the Americas by population
- List of Asian countries by population
- List of Caribbean island countries by population
- List of Eurasian countries by population
- List of European countries by population
- List of European Union member states by population
- List of Latin American countries by population
- List of member states of the Commonwealth of Nations by population
- List of Middle East countries by population
- List of North American countries by population
- List of Oceanian countries by population
- List of South American countries by population
- List of countries by past and future population
- List of countries by past population (United Nations)
- List of countries by population in 2000
- List of countries by population in 2010