List of Asterix films
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Asterix the Gaul
|Asterix and Cleopatra
|The Twelve Tasks of Asterix
|Asterix Versus Caesar
|Asterix in Britain
|Asterix and the Big Fight
|Asterix Conquers America
|Asterix and the Vikings
|Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods|
|Director||Ray Goossens||René Goscinny
Lee Payant (English US)
Don Jurwich (English)
|Pino Van Lamsweerde||Philippe Grimond
David N. Weiss (English US)
|Gerhard Hahn||Stefan Fjeldmark
|Producer||Georges Dargaud||Raymond Leblanc||Georges Dargaud
Don Jurwich (English)
|Yannik Piel||Philippe Grimond
Helene Blitz (English US)
|Gerhard Hahn and Jürgen Wohlrabe||Thomas Valentin||Philippe Bony|
László Molnár (screenplay by)
René Goscinny and
Albert Uderzo (adapted from)
|Adolf Kabatek and Yannik Voight, adapted from René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo
David N. Weiss (English US)
|Thomas Platt and Rhett Rooster, adapted from René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo||Stefan Fjeldmark
|Alexandre Astier, adapted from René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo|
|Narrator||Tony Jay (English US)||Harald Juhnke (German)
John Rye (English)
|Jeff Bennett (English US)|
|Composer||Gérard Calvi||Gérard Calvi||Gérard Calvi
Maurice Jarre (US Version)
|Vladimir Cosma||Vladimir Cosma||Michel Colombier||Harold Faltermeyer||Alexandre Azaria||Philippe Rombi|
Isabel García de Herreros
|Martin Wichmann Andersen
|Production Companies||Dargaud Films||Dargaud Films||Dargaud Films
Les Productions René Goscinny
Halas and Batchelor Cartoon Films
Paramount Pictures (1976, U.S.)
|Distributor||Buena Vista Pictures Distribution (1968, U.S.)||National General Pictures (1969, U.S.)||Cinema International Corporation (1976, U.K.)
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (1976, U.S.)
Paramount Pictures (1987, U.S.)
20th Century Fox (France and the United Kingdom)
Warner Home Video (DVD France)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (DVD US)
|Released||20 December 1967||19 December 1968||1976||1985||1986||1989||September 29, 1994 (Germany)
April 5, 1995 (France)
August 11, 1995 (UK)
|April 5, 2006 (Belgium)
April 12, 2006 (France)
May 19, 2006 (US)
|November 26, 2014|
|Runtime||68 minutes||72 minutes||82 minutes||79 minutes||79 minutes||81 minutes||85 minutes||79 minutes||85 minutes|
- 1967 – Asterix the Gaul (Astérix le Gaulois) with Roger Carel as Asterix and Jacques Morel as Obelix
- 1968 – Asterix and Cleopatra (Astérix et Cléopâtre) with Roger Carel as Asterix and Jacques Morel as Obelix
- 1976 – The Twelve Tasks of Asterix (Les Douze travaux d'Astérix) with Roger Carel as Asterix and Jacques Morel as Obelix
- 1985 – Asterix Versus Caesar (Astérix et la surprise de César) with Roger Carel as Asterix and Pierre Tornade as Obelix
- 1986 – Asterix in Britain (Astérix chez les Bretons) with Roger Carel as Asterix and Pierre Tornade as Obelix
- 1989 – Asterix and the Big Fight (Astérix et le coup du menhir) (book of the film: Operation Getafix) with Roger Carel as Asterix and Pierre Tornade as Obelix
- 1994 – Asterix Conquers America (Astérix et les Indiens — produced in Germany as Asterix in Amerika) with Roger Carel as Asterix and Pierre Tornade as Obelix
- 2006 – Asterix and the Vikings (Astérix et les Vikings) with Roger Carel as Asterix and Jacques Frantz as Obelix
- 2014 – Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods (Asterix: Le Domaine des Dieux) with Roger Carel as Asterix and Guillaume Briat as Obelix
- 2018 – Asterix: The Secret of the Magic Potion (Asterix: Le Secret de la potion magique) with Christian Clavier as Asterix
- 1999 – Asterix and Obelix Take on Caesar (Astérix et Obélix contre César)
- 2002 – Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra (Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre)
- 2008 – Asterix at the Olympic Games (Astérix aux Jeux Olympiques)
- 2012 – Asterix and Obelix: God Save Britannia (Astérix et Obélix: Au service de sa Majesté)
- 1967 – Asterix and the Golden Sickle Animated.
- 1967 – Two Romans in Gaul Live action and animated; black&white.
- 1973 – The Dogmatix Movie Animated.
- 2004 – Asterix and Obelix in Spain Live action.
- No novelizations were made for Asterix the Gaul, Asterix in Britain or Asterix and Cleopatra which followed the original albums relatively closely.
- In 1967, there was an attempt to make an animated film based on Asterix and the Golden Sickle, which wasn't completed. The incomplete script and drawings were sold in a book-exhibition in Brussels and is today a part of the book The Mirror World of Asterix. Another reason for its failure is that Goscinny and Uderzo rejected the artists from wafsing this movie because of its low quality drawings.
- The Twelve Tasks of Asterix is the only animated movie not based (at least loosely) on any of the comic books [It may not be mentioned in the book, but is adapted from Asterix Conquers Rome].
- Starting from 1985's Asterix Versus Caesar the animation quality improved dramatically.
- Asterix Conquers America was the only one produced solely outside France.
- Early English dubbed versions of cartoon movies used character names from the Ranger/Look and Learn "Asterix the Briton" translations, such as Tunabrix for the village chieftain.
- Asterix Conquers America, Asterix & the Vikings and Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods are digitally drawn and animated.
- Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods is the first Asterix movie in stereoscopy 3D.
- The animated Asterix movies that were dubbed into English were all dubbed in the United Kingdom, until the release of Asterix and the Vikings, where it was then dubbed in the United States, in order to bring Asterix into the U.S. market. A North American Dub of Asterix and the Big Fight is used in all DVD releases, but fans generally consider it inferior to the original British dub, which is only available on VHS.
- Langlois, Caroline (1 June 2018). "Astérix - Le Secret de la potion magique : une affiche officielle pour la suite du Domaine des Dieux". AlloCiné. Retrieved 14 July 2018.