List of Australian Army aircraft
This is a list of all aircraft operated by the Australian Army since its formation.
|OH-58 Kiowa|| United States
|OH-58A Scout helicopter||206B||42||Built under licence in Australia by Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation. To be partially replaced by the Eurocopter Tiger.|
|Boeing CH-47 Chinook||United States||Transport helicopter||CH-47F||10||
One CH-47D was destroyed during operations in Afghanistan on 30 May 2011. Two additional CH-47Ds ordered in December 2011 as attrition replacement and to boost heavy lift capability. The last of 7 new CH-47Fs was delivered in September 2015 and the D models subsequently retired.
|Eurocopter Tiger||Europe||Attack helicopter||Tiger ARH||22|
|Sikorsky S-70 Blackhawk||United States||Utility helicopter||S-70A-9||35||Transferred from the Royal Australian Air Force as UH-60L.|
|MRH 90||Europe||Utility helicopter||TTH: Tactical Transport Helicopter||40|
Unmanned aerial vehicles
- Auster Mark III
- Cessna 180
- Pilatus PC-6/B2-H2 Turbo-Porter
- Cessna L-19 Bird Dog
- GAF Nomad
- Beechcraft Super King Air (B200, B200C and B300)
- De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
- "World Military Aircraft Inventory", Aerospace Source Book 2007, Aviation Week & Space Technology, 15 January 2007.
- "Australian Chinook crashes in Afghanistan". Australian Aviation. 1 June 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- "Defence to buy two more Chinook choppers". ninemsn. 12 December 2011. Archived from the original on 14 March 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- "Australian Army receives final CH-47F Chinook". Australian Aviation. 10 September 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- Leoni 2007, pp. 250–256.