List of Awkward episodes
Awkward is an American teen sitcom series created by Lauren Iungerich currently on MTV. The show's central character is teenager Jenna Hamilton (Ashley Rickards), who struggles with her identity, especially after an accident is misconstrued as a suicide attempt. The second season began on June 28, 2012, and finished on September 20, 2012. Season 3 premiered on April 16, 2013. Season 4 premiered on April 15, 2014. A Season 4 midseason finale premiered on June 17, 2014. The second half of Season 4 aired on September 23, 2014. On October 8, 2014, MTV announced the renewal of the series for a fifth season and final season. On social media, the producers and cast encouraged fans to tell MTV if they wanted the show to continue for season 6. During the course of the series, 89 episodes of Awkward aired over five seasons.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||12||July 19, 2011||September 27, 2011|
|2||12||June 28, 2012||September 20, 2012|
|3||20||April 16, 2013||December 17, 2013|
|4||21||April 15, 2014||November 25, 2014|
|5||24||August 31, 2015||May 24, 2016|
Season 1 (2011)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||US viewers|
|1||1||"Pilot"||Millicent Shelton||Lauren Iungerich||July 19, 2011||1.72|
|In the series premiere of Awkward, Jenna loses her virginity to handsome, popular Matty at summer camp. She realizes getting the boy of your dreams is not all it is cracked up to be, especially when he is too embarrassed to be seen with you. Jenna also gets a "care-frontation letter" and has an accident in her bathroom, which everyone thinks was an attempted suicide, but she starts to realize this mistake might be her ticket to social visibility. She has to wear an orthopedic cast.|
|2||2||"Knocker Nightmare"||Ryan Shiraki||Lauren Iungerich||July 26, 2011||1.43|
|As Jenna's cast is removed, she falls off the table and dislocates her shoulder, so she needs to wear a sling. Mean girls Sadie and Lissa snap a nude photo of her in the girls' locker room and send it to the entire school, eliciting some surprising reactions. Matty says something mean about the photo and Jenna gets upset, but eventually Matty takes all the pictures down at their school and goes to her house, where the pair kiss.|
|3||3||"The Way We Weren't"||Ryan Shiraki||Erin Ehrlich||August 2, 2011||1.62|
|Jenna no longer needs her sling. She and Matty have been having frequent sex and she wants them to be a couple. When he suggests that she attend an "in crowd" party at Lissa's that he is going to, she thinks that he will be taking their relationship public there. She is disappointed when he almost ignores her and spends the party kissing another girl. Jenna realizes that their relationship is only casual and she starts to get to know Jake. Tamara starts to make new friends.|
|4||4||"The Scarlet Eye"||David Katzenberg||Meredith Philpott||August 9, 2011||1.94|
|Everyone who was in the hot tub at Lissa's party has conjunctivitis, including Tamara. At the homecoming bonfire, Jenna wants to DTR (define the relationship) with Matty before the bonfire where many student hook up. Jenna and Matt make out, and she asks him if they are together. He tells her that he is not ready for a relationship. Ming is annoyed with Jenna for not telling her that she had sex with Matty. Ming goes to the party, telling her parents that she is studying. Her mother sees her at the party, for which she punishes her by making her wear their dog's shock collar.|
|5||5||"Jenna Lives"||David Katzenberg||Kelly Fullerton||August 16, 2011||1.88|
|Jenna gets a strange stalker who advertises her fake suicide; after confronting him, she ends up in detention where she meets "Jenna Plus", a junior she suspects is Matty's new girlfriend. When Jenna Plus (actually named Olivia) invites Jenna to skip out on detention, Jenna finds she's rather sweet and begins to wonder if it's because of the way she sees herself that Matty is not willing to be in a relationship with her. While talking to Jake she tells him that she likes a guy who is already taken and Jake mistakenly thinks she is talking about him. Jake later approaches her and says that if the guy she liked did not have a girlfriend he would be all over her. He kisses her and Jenna quickly leaves, confused. Meanwhile, it turns out that Olivia is actually Matty's "girlfriend-in-law", as she is dating his older brother.|
|6||6||"Queen Bee-atches"||Lauren Iungerich||Lauren Iungerich & Nate Federman||August 23, 2011||2.36|
|Jenna is forced to mingle with the mean girls at an elite charity event for her mother. Later, things become even more awkward when she runs into Matty and Jake. Jake acts strangely when Jenna comes in the room and tells Matty about the kiss. Jenna and Tamara sneak into Sadie's room and find her diary/food journal. Jenna uses it to her advantage and blackmails Sadie into accepting her mom into the club. Later, Jenna's mom over hears the other moms talking trash behind her back, discreetly ruins a vase, and quickly leaves with Jenna. Jake asks Jenna if they can talk.|
|7||7||"Over My Dead Body"||Ryan Shiraki||Cassie Pappas||August 30, 2011||1.99|
|A mock DUI event is held at the school, and Jenna is cast as the victim. Jake is the male lead and begins to develop feeling for Jenna, which causes Matty to become jealous.|
|8||8||"The Adventures of Aunt Ally and the Lil' Bitch"||David Katzenberg||Lauren Iungerich & Andrew C. Veeder||September 6, 2011||2.08|
|Jenna throws a wild keg party to try to impress Matty, with help from her mom and her mom's best friend, Ally. The next day, a hungover Jenny struggles to reconstruct the events of the night, which ended with Jenna giving a lecture to Jake, hurting Matty's feelings and sharing a kiss with Ricky (Tamara's long time crush, on/off boyfriend). After Tamara throws out her and Jenna's best friend picture, and their friendship, she tells Jenna that she is "so glad she wrote that letter", talking about the "carefrontation".|
|9||9||"My Super Bittersweet Sixteen"||David Katzenberg||Erin Ehrlich||September 13, 2011||2.28|
|On Jenna's 16th birthday, Valerie surprises her with a birthday rap in the school cafeteria. The rest of the day does not go very well for Jenna, but at the exact time of her birth, Matty knocks on her door to reveal that he wants to be more than friends and the episode ends with them making out.|
|10||10||"No Doubt"||Patrick Norris||Kelly Fullerton & Cassie Pappas & Meredith Philpott||September 20, 2011||2.11|
|It's a normal day at school, until Jenna notices a fight between Jake and Lissa because Jake told Lissa he kissed Jenna. This causes a weird conversation between Jake, Lissa, and Valerie about how he can make up to Lissa. Elsewhere, Jenna tries to reconnect with Tamara with help from Ming. Jenna is forgiven, but Tamara confesses she didn't write the letter and just said it because she was hurt. Moreover, Tamara voices her theory that Matty wrote the letter. This causes Jenna to rethink her "relationship" with Matty while complications arise when Matty wants to take Jenna out for dinner in a secluded area. It turns out to be Matty's family's restaurant and Jenna's concerns are resolved when Matty's uncle comments about how Matty has never taken a girl there before. When they get back to Jenna's home, Tamara and Ming bust their date with games and confessions but are soon won over by Matty's true words. Before leaving Matty and Jenna alone, Tamara whispers that she doesn't think that Matty wrote the letter anymore. In the meantime, Lissa and Sadie team up to make Jake break up his friendship with Jenna but he ends up apologizing to Jenna for the earlier fight, and breaks up with Lissa.|
|11||11||"I Am Jenna Hamilton"||Patrick Norris||Erin Ehrlich & Lauren Iungerich||September 27, 2011||2.24|
|Matty and Jenna have barbecue with Jenna's parents, and they discuss the upcoming formal dance. Matty doesn't actually ask Jenna to the dance, but does ask her what color dress she will be wearing. Later, while still not asking her to the dance, he asks her if she is a limo girl or not. Jenna sees several boys going to great lengths to make a "big ask," by dressing up as apes, popping out of coffins, etc. Jake asks Jenna to the dance by giving her a mix CD, which has "Will you go to the dance with me?" printed on it. She tells him that she can't go with him because she already has a date. Matty and Jake talk about the Formal, and Jake tells Matty about being turned down by Jenna. Matty almost tells Jake about going with Jenna, but chickens out, and later asks Jenna if it would be okay if they skip the Formal (because he doesn't want to hurt Jake, but he doesn't tell Jenna that). Meanwhile, Sadie manages to steal Jenna's file, with the letter in it. Jenna is surprised to be nominated for Sophomore Princess, but then discovers that the ballot has her letter printed on the back of it. Jenna decides that she deserves more than Matty has offered, and tells him that she won't go out with him that night, to the Formal, or anywhere.|
|12||12||"Fateful"||Lauren Iungerich||Lauren Iungerich||September 27, 2011||2.24|
|Jenna agrees to go to the Formal with Jake. She convinces him to take Tamara as well, since they're just going as friends, and Ming tags along as well. Matty decides that he won't give up on Jenna and goes to her house, only to find that Jenna has already left for the Formal. Jake and Jenna have a good time at the Formal, and Jenna decides that maybe Jake is the one for her and they kiss, but then Matty shows up. Without either of them letting Jake know what has happened, they talk about whether they should be together. Jenna takes Jake's hand and realizes that that's what she wants, and tells Matty that she's very sorry, but she thinks it is too late. When Jake and Jenna get home, and they kiss again. She asks him if he wants to come inside since her parents aren't home. He does, but she asks him if it's okay if they wait, and he says of course. She tells him that holding hands means a lot to her, since he's the first person other than her parents to hold her hand in public. They manage to set off the alarm, and Jake goes home. Jenna, looking for the alarm code, goes into the junk drawer and finds a note pad that has the same paper the letter was written on, and realizes her mother is the one who wrote the letter.|
Season 2 (2012)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||US viewers|
|13||1||"Resolutions"||Lauren Iungerich||Lauren Iungerich||June 28, 2012||2.15|
Winter Break is heading to an end, that is not until after a New Year's Party at Matty's house. Jenna thinks that Matty is completely over her until he says he wants another chance. So Jenna has two options:Matty and Jenna have another secret night together banging or go with Jake, her unofficial boyfriend. Jenna chooses Jake and as she shares a passionate kiss with him. Matty and Sadie share a makeout session until Matty falls asleep. Later in the night, when Jake is at Jenna's house, he sees the condoms her dad gave her in which she reveals to him that she is not a virgin. At the end of the episode Jenna becomes "official" with Jake and she finally deals with the Care-Frontation letter.
|14||2||"Sex, Lies and the Sanctuary"||Erin Ehrlich||Erin Ehrlich||July 5, 2012||1.76|
|The school year is back into action and it's not the only thing. The Sanctuary has got a video camera put in taping all the "Scandalous" stuff that's happened over the year. Jenna and Matty debate whether or not to tell Jake about their private relationship. Matty confesses to Jenna that he loves her, but Jenna states she has moved on and really likes Jake. Jake reveals to Jenna that he is jealous of her previous boyfriend and does not wish to know anything about that relationship. Meanwhile, Jenna pressures her mom into telling her dad about writing the letter.|
|15||3||"Three's a Crowd"||David Katzenberg||Kelly Fullerton||July 12, 2012||1.72|
|Jenna and Jake's relationship is finally going smoothly- that is, until Matty starts tagging along and trying to tempt Jenna, constantly trying to seduce her. Meanwhile, Val gets promoted to vice principal and takes her new job a little too seriously, and Jenna's parents are now separated. Her father went to stay with Jenna's grandmother while her mother stays home and adjusts to being lonely.|
|16||4||"Are You There God? It's Me, Jenna"||Ryan Shiraki||Annabel Oakes||July 19, 2012||1.58|
|Post her parents separation, Jenna feels responsible. In an impulsive effort to absolve herself, she seeks refuge from her problems in a higher power with Lissa at Church Camp. Little does she know that Sadie has decided to tag along as well. With the help of Valerie, Lacey attempts to eat alone for the first time.|
|17||5||"My Love Is a Black Heart"||David Katzenberg||Michael J. Cinquemani||July 26, 2012||1.79|
|Valentine's Day has arrived and dividing the school between swooning lovers and jealous haters. As Jenna prepares to spend her first V-day with a boyfriend, will jealousy rear its ugly head for her and Tamara as they confront the possibility that their ex's are moving on without them?|
|18||6||"What Comes First: Sex or Love?"||Ryan Shiraki||Lauren Iungerich||August 2, 2012||1.82|
|Still reeling from Jake's proclamation of love, Jenna considers sleeping with him, believing sex might bring her some clarity about her own feelings. However, when Jenna leans over, she hits the PA system button and ends up telling the whole school that she wants to sleep with Jake. Meanwhile, her mother's best friend Ally announces that she is engaged, and her fiancé, "Dan the Man", turns out to be Sadie's uncle.|
|19||7||"Another One Bites the Dust"||Lauren Iungerich||Lauren Iungerich||August 9, 2012||1.82|
|Jenna is determined to take her relationship with Jake to the next level, but there are obstacles, including her Aunt Ally's wedding, a man from her mom's past and a scheming Sadie. Jake tries to stand up for Tamara when Sadie won't stop making out with Ricky in public, rubbing it in Tamara's face, and Sadie reveals to Jake about Jenna and Matty's relationship.|
|20||8||"Time After Time"||Lauren Iungerich||Erin Ehrlich & Lauren Iungerich||August 16, 2012||1.95|
|Jake gets upset when he learns of Jenna and Matty's past, breaking up with Jenna saying 'the timing wasn't right'. Meanwhile Lacey ends up dancing with her old boyfriend Ben at the wedding. Jenna's dad ends up coming finding them dancing and is heartbroken.After Jake breaks up with her,Matty later shows up at Jenna's house to comfort her. Jenna tells Matty she is still in love with him and end up kissing as Jake watches to his horror from the window.|
|21||9||"Homewrecker Hamilton"||Joe Nussbaum||Kelly Fullerton & Vera Herbert||August 23, 2012||2.19|
|Jenna desperately tries to fix things with Jake, but he is convinced that she is a cheater, with him having photo evidence of Jenna & Matty's makeout session the night before. Tensions between Jake and Matty come out during a pep rally, resulting in a fist fight. Meanwhile, Jenna's dad gets her a car and she takes this as a sign of her parent's forthcoming divorce. Ming also finds herself on the outs with the Asian Mafia when it is revealed that her boyfriend, Fred Wu, used to date Becca.|
|22||10||"Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me"||Joe Nussbaum||Lauren Iungerich||August 30, 2012||1.74|
|Jake and Matty demand answers from Jenna after reading her blog. Jenna gets confused on who she likes more but does not pick on the spot. Jake and Matty become friends again and constantly ask Jenna who she picks. Meanwhile, Jenna's mom gets revealed as the person who wrote the letter and gets criticized by many people. Jenna and the boys are in good speaking terms again.|
|23||11||"Once Upon a Blog"||Michael Blieden||Erin Ehrlich||September 13, 2012||1.78|
|Jenna fictionalizes her Blog in an attempt to change her fate. By the end of the episode she changes her blog to private again, and figures out who she wants to be with.|
|24||12||"The Other Shoe"||Michael Blieden||Lauren Iungerich||September 20, 2012||2.17|
|Jenna prepares for her trip to Europe while her decision about the boys goes public in the Season 2 finale. She chooses Matty then Jake and Tamara make-out. Ricky is seen kissing a guy, and Jenna has mixed feelings over whether she made the right choice or not.|
Season 3 (2013)
On July 16, 2012, Awkward. was renewed for an extended third season of 20 episodes. A promo was released March 11, 2013, which revealed that season three would begin on April 16, 2013 with a double bill. The season took a break after episode 10 aired on June 11 and returned on October 22. This season is the last to feature creator Lauren Iungerich as showrunner.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||US viewers|
|25||1||"Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes"||Lauren Iungerich||Lauren Iungerich||April 16, 2013||2.14|
|Jenna and the others start their junior year, and she feels isolated from her friends after their summer vacation in Europe. Everyone suspects Sadie is pregnant, but reveals to Lissa that she and her family are now broke. However, Jenna herself goes through a pregnancy scare, but is relieved to find out she is not pregnant, and her mother convinces her not to tell Matty about the whole ordeal. Ricky Schwartz dies.|
|26||2||"Responsibly Irresponsible"||Lauren Iungerich||Lauren Iungerich||April 16, 2013||2.14|
|The school mourns Ricky's death and hold a vigil/kegger party to express their feelings. Sadie and Tamara reluctantly bond over their anger at Ricky. Jenna has a pregnancy scare but confides in Jake instead of Matty. Jenna joins a creative writing class and meets Collin, a charming classmate.|
|27||3||"A Little Less Conversation"||Erin Ehrlich||Erin Ehrlich||April 23, 2013||1.34|
|Matty has become distant since finding out about the pregnancy scare. Ming tries to hide from the Asian Mafia. Sadie feels lonely and calls up Matty for support. Matty tells Jenna that they need to talk, which prompts her to get Tamara to arrange a group date to avoid having alone time with Matty. Matty becomes jealous of Jenna and Jake's easygoing friendship.|
|28||4||"Let's Talk About Sex"||Hal Olofsson||Christy Stratton||April 30, 2013||1.38|
|Jenna's parents finds out that she and Matty are sexually active and insist on telling Matty's parents. The McKibbens come over for dinner and the two families argue over their parenting styles. Meanwhile, Tamara and Jake are contemplating sex for the first time.|
|29||5||"Indecent Exposure"||Joe Nussbaum||Lauren Iungerich & Michael J. Cinquemani||May 7, 2013||1.38|
|Matty moves in with the Hamilton's after a dispute with his parents, but it proves to be too stressful for Jenna. Tamara invites herself to a sleepover at Sadie's despite Jake's warnings.|
|30||6||"That Girl Strikes Again"||Joe Nussbaum||Todd Waldman||May 14, 2013||1.12|
|It's Halloween and Jenna feels that she is not good enough for Matty after a "Hot/Not" list is published at school. The gang attends a party hosted by Angelique, Collin's girlfriend. Tamara accidentally becomes attached a stranger while Jake unknowingly gets high. Jenna finds that she is comfortable in Collin's crowd while Matty feels out of place. Sadie meets Austin, a potential love interest.|
|31||7||"Guilt Trippin'"||Ryan Shiraki||Vera Herbert||May 21, 2013||1.17|
|During the homecoming pinnings, Jenna feels bad for the single girls who don't have dates to the dance, so she decides to take a stand, focusing on a social outsider named Christy, who was a childhood friend of hers. Jake teaches Matty how to dance. Meanwhile, Ming turns to Sadie for help in playing mind games on Becca.|
|32||8||"Rubbed Raw and Reeling"||Ryan Shiraki||Jamie Dooner & Lauren Iungerich||May 28, 2013||1.35|
|Jenna's creative writing instructor challenges her to read a personal piece at an open mic. Matty and Jake have a "brobeque" and challenge each other to forget about their girlfriends for one night.|
|33||9||"Reality Check"||Lauren Iungerich||Erin Ehrlich||June 4, 2013||0.99|
|Jenna's realizes she may have feelings for Collin after he keeps popping in her head while writing. Ming deals with Becca with physical violence.|
|34||10||"Redefining Jenna"||Lauren Iungerich||Lauren Iungerich||June 11, 2013||1.22|
|Tamara co-hosts the big Black Friday party, pushing Jake to the edge with her bossiness. Ming becomes the new head of Asian mafia. Meanwhile Jenna gets invited to a party from Collin but Matty doesn't want to attend. Jenna goes alone and Collin admits his feelings for Jenna. The two kiss and Jenna returns to Matty.|
|35||11||"Surprise!"||Lauren Iungerich||Lauren Iungerich||October 22, 2013||1.56|
|Jenna desperately wants to cut ties with Collin, but finds it hard to be faithful. Tamara has trouble keeping secrets. Lacey wants to throw Jenna a surprise party, but ends up canceling it when Jenna expresses her disinterest in celebrating. In a surprise turn of events, everyone gathers at the Hamilton house for the party, but they are all in shock as Jenna and Collin walk in making out.|
|36||12||"And Then What Happened"||Lauren Iungerich||Lauren Iungerich||October 29, 2013||1.21|
|Everyone gathers to re-tell what happened at Jenna's birthday party and to speculate whether or not Jenna and Matty are still a couple. Jenna refuses to leave her house and Lacey prods her for information. Jenna and Matty finally meet up. Although Matty is willing to eventually forgive Jenna and go back to the way they were, Jenna breaks up with him, thinking that they both probably deserve better.|
|37||13||"Taking Sides"||Steve Gainer||Erin Ehrlich & Michael J. Cinquemani||November 5, 2013||1.02|
|Matty still wants to get back with Jenna, but she is now officially seeing Collin, much to everyone else's disapproval. After rejecting Austin's advances, Sadie sets him up with Lissa but soon has a change of heart. Jenna throws a barbecue to formally introduce Collin to all of her friends, but things don't go as planned. Jake becomes furious with Tamara after finding out that she knew about Jenna's cheating. Thinking that her best friends stood her up, Jenna harasses Tamara and Ming over text messages, leaving her with no friends except for Collin.|
|38||14||"The Bad Seed"||Gregory Guzik||Jen Braeden||November 12, 2013||1.09|
|Jenna and Collin nearly get arrested for smoking pot in his car. Jenna further alienates herself from her friends, as well as her parents. Jenna's friends and family try to warn her that Collin is a bad influence. Ally becomes Sadie's legal guardian.|
|39||15||"A Very Special Episode of Awkward"||Joe Nussbaum||Erin Ehrlich||November 19, 2013||1.06|
|Valerie recruits students to be in her After School Special video, which is based on Jenna's life. The gang hopes to convince Jenna to rethink her life. Jenna attempts to ditch the project and argues with her friends during filming. Val catches Jenna lighting a joint at school and suspends her. Jenna rebuffs Val's attempts to reach out to her and harshly mocks her.|
|40||16||"Less Than Hero"||Joe Nussbaum||Joe Nussbaum||November 19, 2013||1.06|
|Jenna writes a mean essay about Val and gives it to Mr. Hart to publish and rejects Val's attempts to make up. Lacey and Kevin struggle to show tough love to Jenna. Jake and Tamara run against each other for class president. After Collin and Angelique spike her drink, Jenna finally sees Collin for who he is and calls Matty for help. Jenna thanks Matty for leaving his new girlfriend Devon to rescue her.|
|41||17||"The Campaign Fail"||David Katzenberg||Christy Stratton||November 26, 2013||1.05|
|Jenna attempts reconciling with her parents and friends, but the gang is reluctant to welcome her back. The presidential race heats up between Jake and Tamara. Tamara wins the election but Jake dumps her shortly after. Ming begins to lose control of the Asian Mafia. Jenna learns that she caused a fight between Matty and his new girlfriend. Jenna continues to see Collin's true colors. Val gets indefinitely suspended from her job because of Jenna's article.|
|42||18||"Old Jenna"||David Katzenberg||Jamie Dooner & Lauren Iungerich||December 3, 2013||1.13|
|Jenna befriends the new girl, Bailey. Lacey's new job as school nurse attracts the attention of all the boys in school. Tamara and Ming agree to be friends with Jenna again on probationary terms. Matty's parents divorce and he throws a party. Sadie tries to get Austin to make a move. Jenna hopes to get back together with Matty after learning of his break up with Devon but sees him with another girl. After Jenna gets drunk and kisses Jake, Tamara and Jake make up as they lecture Jenna. Jenna tries to apologize to Val, who tells her that she's been fired.|
|43||19||"Karmic Relief"||Erin Ehrlich||Erin Ehrlich||December 10, 2013||1.03|
Jenna still feels guilty about losing Val's job, so she seeks to make amends. She enlists her mother's help to get Val to attend the school hearing and raise support for Val. Meanwhile, it's prom season at Palos Hills and Jenna is convinced that Matty will ask her in the midst of their renewed friendship. Ming faces a coup d'état from the Asian mafia when former leader Becca returns.Note: This is a special 1 hour episode.
|44||20||"Who I Want to Be"||Joe Nussbaum||Lauren Iungerich||December 17, 2013||1.30|
Jenna is upset when Matty asks Bailey to prom. She finds solace in a self-discovery novel that was written by none other than Mr. Hart. In a moment of selflessness, Jenna gets Bailey and Matty to go to prom together, despite her still longing for Matty. Meanwhile, Jake insists on picking out his own tux and Ming struggled to tell Fred that she is not ready for sex. Sadie finds herself falling in love with Austin. Jenna finishes her final creative assignment and attends prom alone and happy.Note: This is a special 1 hour episode.
Season 4 (2014)
On August 5, 2013, Awkward was renewed for a fourth season. Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler will replace Lauren Iungerich as showrunners. The season will consist of 20 episodes. Season four premiered with a special one-hour episode on April 15, 2014. The second half of the premiered on September 23, 2014. The season finale aired November 25, 2014.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||US viewers|
|45||1||"No Woman Is an Island"||Peter Lauer||Mike Chessler & Chris Alberghini||April 15, 2014||1.63|
Jenna is caught masturbating by her parents and it isn't long until the news spreads. As senior year begins, Tamara takes her role as being student president too seriously, which leads to a rocky relationship with Jake. Jenna finds out that Matty is no longer with Bailey and that he has been single all summer. Ming has moved away to Vermont, but Jenna and Tamara are not slow in finding a new friend, Eva. Jenna and Matty hook up again.Note: This is a special 1 hour episode.
|46||2||"Listen to This"||Ashley Rickards||Christy Stratton||April 22, 2014||1.25|
|Jenna must stay silent for 24 hours after sustaining a dental injury, but is desperate to talk to Matty, who has discovered a shocking secret. Jake dumps Tamara for being too controlling. Meanwhile, Sadie and Lissa's friendship continued to be troubled due to Lissa's cheer captain position.|
|47||3||"Touched by an Angel"||Jay Karas||Jenna Lamia||April 29, 2014||1.02|
|Jenna and Matty become friends with benefits, and Matty tries to use sex to work through his feelings about being adopted. Jenna commits herself to the school's peer guidance program and tries to mentor a troubled freshman. Meanwhile, Tamara becomes annoyed with Jake after his music makes him more popular at school.|
|48||4||"Sophomore Sluts"||Jay Karas||Sarah Walker||May 6, 2014||1.21|
|It's Spirit Week at Palos Hills High and the seniors are struggling to stay upbeat. Matty ignores Jenna in favor of hanging out with Eva and Sophomore Slut MacKenzie. Sadie tries to convince Lissa to give up cheer captaincy by quoting the Bible. Tamara catfishes Jake to keep tabs on him after their break-up.|
|49||5||"Overnight"||Nell Scovell||Leila Cohan-Miccio||May 13, 2014||1.08|
|Jenna and Tamara pay an overnight visit to a college. Jenna meets Luke, an intellectual college boy, who helps her moves on from Matty. Lacey tries to recapture her missed youth. Sadie and Eva's rivalry is taken to a new level. Jake becomes obsessed with Tamara's fake profile. Sadie and Matty become closer friends but Eva catches them in incriminating position.|
|50||6||"Crowning Moments"||Ryan Shiraki||Liz Sczudlo||May 20, 2014||1.04|
|Matty's becomes tired with his mother's obsession with perfection. Jake discovers Tamara has been lying to him. Jenna invites Luke to the Mr. PHHS pageant. Sadie makes a bet with Lissa that she can make Kyle Mr. PHHS. Matty reveals that he was adopted and his pregnancy scare with Jenna, embarrassing her in front of Luke.|
|51||7||"After Hours"||Ryan Shiraki||Ryan O'Connell||May 27, 2014||1.19|
|The gang heads to a concert. Jenna sets Matty up with Eva but realizes that she is still in love with him. Eva blackmails Sadie. Tamara runs into trouble and must call Jake for help. Sadie admits the truth and loses Austin. Matty and Jake are caught underage drinking and the two get arrested.|
|52||8||"Prison Breaks"||Ryan Shiraki||Todd Waldman||June 3, 2014||1.20|
|Matty and Jake spend a night in prison. Jenna and Tamara visit Luke at college. All Jenna wants to do is have fun, although she learns that Luke has to take his studies seriously. Sadie helps Matty and Jake and is furious at Eva. However, Matty forgives Eva. Tamara hooks up with a lesbian at college.|
|53||9||"My Personal Statement"||Peter Lauer||Allison M. Gibson||June 10, 2014||1.05|
|It's time for everyone to send in their college apps and Jenna and Tamara don't want to face the reality of separating once high school is over. Jenna helps Matty with his essay but Eva sabotages her. Meanwhile, Val gets a makeover from Lacey to impress a former crush at her high school reunion. Sadie, Lissa, and Jake run a food truck. Eva and Jenna finally have a standoff.|
|"Snow Job"||Peter Lauer||Mike Chessler & Chris Alberghini||June 17, 2014||1.13|
The Palos Hills High seniors are going on their annual ski trip. Eva continues to antagonize Jenna. At the ski lodge, Jenna is surprised by Luke and must juggle her feelings for Luke and Matty. Sadie discovers that Eva's real name is Amber, she's been home-schooled since she was kicked out of school when she was nine for stabbing another kid with a pencil, and her room (in a home that's not even in the right district for Palos Hills High) is decorated with creepy, stalker bulletin boards of all of Jenna and Matty's friends. Sadie makes attempts to try to warn Matty about Eva's secrets.|
Sadie tells Jenna about Eva's secrets and the two team up to finally get to the bottom of psycho liar Eva's real story, The truth about Eva is revealed but Eva claims to be pregnant and Matty refuses to leave her. Jenna tries to make amends with Luke, after leaving him out in the cold.
|56||12||"Finals"||Rebecca Asher||Leila Cohan-Miccio||September 23, 2014||1.22|
|Following the drama of the ski trip, Jenna decides it's best to spend her time focusing on her finals. Matty finds out Eva isn't pregnant and blackmails her so that she would leave PHHS.|
|57||13||"Auld Lang Party"||Mike Chessler||Sarah Walker||September 30, 2014||1.25|
|On New Year's Eve, Jenna wants to celebrate quietly, however things don't as planned when Matty turns their evening in to a group activity. Meanwhile, Sadie throws a major party. Jenna and Matty make a pact not to hook up with anyone. Meanwhile, Matty makes amends with his mom.|
|58||14||"Welcome to Hell"||Chris Alberghini||Ryan O'Connell||October 7, 2014||0.95|
|After hooking up with sophomore Owen, Jenna lets him know that it was a one-time thing. Meanwhile, Lissa attempts to convince her father to out himself to her mother. Also, Jenna and Tamara learn whether or not they have been accepted into the same college.|
|59||15||"Bonfire of the Vanities"||Gregory Guzik||Liz Sczudlo||October 14, 2014||0.93|
|The annual senior bonfire becomes a powder keg when Jenna and Tamara find the boys' girl-rating tradition known as the Phone Book.|
|60||16||"#Drama"||Claire Scanlon||Steve Yockey||October 21, 2014||1.02|
|The battle of the sexes erupts once again when Jenna and Tamara's Dude Database goes viral and reveals a secret that causes friction in their own friendship.|
|61||17||"The New Sex Deal"||Claire Scanlon||Todd Waldman||October 28, 2014||0.82|
|As Valentine's Day approaches, the entire school is mad at Jenna over the Dude Database, while Tamara refuses to come clean about her involvement. Jenna's solution is to rent a senior party bus, but things don't go as planned.|
|62||18||"Girl Rules"||Uta Briesewitz||Jenna Lamia||November 4, 2014||0.82|
|Thinking that they have bad blood, Jenna competes with Gabby to make Matty's 18th birthday special, but the two end up forging a real friendship. Meanwhile, Sadie and Tamara fight over control of the cheer squad in Lissa's absence. Jenna also receives a surprising letter in the mail.|
|63||19||"Over the Hump"||Uta Briesewitz||Allison M. Gibson||November 11, 2014||1.27|
|Jenna feels guilty about her brief hookup with Matty, but accidentally tells Gabby and puts herself on bad terms with the both of them. Sadie invites everyone on a spring break trip and also hires Jake to edit her video entry for a scholarship contest, with hilarious results.|
|64||20||"Sprang Break (Part 1)"||Peter Lauer||Mike Chessler & Chris Alberghini||November 18, 2014||0.91|
|The crew arrives in Rosarito, Mexico for spring break. Matty invites Jenna to come with him to meet his biological father, but Gabby shows up at the last minute and takes her spot instead. Jenna finally gets a college acceptance and Sadie wins her scholarship to Columbia. Jake and Tamara find out that they are famous in Japan. Lissa decides to start living life on the wild side after escaping from her parents.|
|65||21||"Sprang Break (Part 2)"||Peter Lauer||Mike Chessler & Chris Alberghini||November 25, 2014||1.04|
|Spring break continues in Rosarito. Matty spends more time with his biological father Daniel and as they are bonding his father plants doubts in his mind about his relationship with Gabby. Jake and Gabby sleep together after Jake is rejected from Northwestern. Lissa goes to a bar to have fun and finds her father, there they end up having a heart-to-heart conversation. Matty asks Lacey if she's seen Jenna, she tells him that he has to let her go and let her move on. Jenna finds out that she is going to be a big sister, and sparks a connection with a marine named Brian. In the end, Matty watches Jenna and Brian at the beach while realizing he still has feelings for her but had his chance and must now let her go.|
Season 5 (2015–16)
On October 8, 2014, the show was renewed for a fifth season, which premiered on August 31, 2015. Although executive producers Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler revealed, in November 2015, that they were hopeful that the show would be renewed for a sixth season, the series has not returned. Season five had a mid-season break, from November 2015 to March 2016, returning March 15 with its final twelve weekly episodes.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||US viewers|
|66||1||"Prank Amateurs"||Peter Lauer||Mike Chessler||August 31, 2015||1.29|
|The Awkward gang start right where they left off-back from Spring Break with the entire Senior class naked in the janitor's closet. While standing idly (and nudely) by preparing for the Senior Streak, Jenna overhears Gabby and Jake talking about their hookup in Mexico. Unsure of what to do she decides to keep this information to herself after running out of the closet and ruining the Senior prank. Sadie receives a surprise visit from her mother who wishes to mend their relationship. Matty decides that his realization about still having feelings for Jenna was just a momentary lapse, and is now committed to being with Gabby. Tamara sets a wedding date for her and Adam while Jenna misses the chemistry she shared earlier with Brian. While celebrating the salvage of the Senior prank, Gabby learns of Matty's initial plan to end their relationship. This leads to Gabby breaking up with Matty and spilling the beans about her and Jake, ending the episode with Matty punching Jake and storming off.|
|67||2||"Short Circuit Party"||Peter Lauer||Chris Alberghini||September 7, 2015||0.68|
|While being forced to clean the mess left from the last episode, Jenna accidentally shuts off the power after throwing a bucket of water, intended to get Jake, at the school's fuse box. However, this causes her to gain popularity when everyone believes that she intentionally did it in order to get school cancelled. Jenna has a party at the beach. Also, Val moves in with Jenna with the school's power out. Sadie's mother tries to win her happiness with a new Fiat.|
|68||3||"Jenna in Wonderland"||Gregory Guzik||Anna Christopher||September 14, 2015||0.76|
|Jenna is seen looking through pictures of the party, wishing she had been there. When she arrives at school, she is walking down the hall with Tamara, when everyone starts to say hi, and the most popular guy at school talks to her. The Julies then talk to her and ask her for a selfie. Tamara explains to Jenna that Jenna has become popular, and is now at the top of the food chain. Meanwhile Matty, since his video where he swore at Jake went viral, seems to be at the bottom of the popularity ladder. Jenna then goes on a triple date with the Julies and college boys. Matty then gets a lesson on how to survive being unpopular by Kyle. Jenna, on the date, realizes that being part of the popular crowd isn't as fun as she thought it would be, and leaves to go get pizza with Tamara. While she does this, Matty gets a call from Kyle inviting him to a concert. Jenna sends Matty a text asking him if he wants to get pizza with her, but he replies that he is with friends. Jenna then seems to be happy with Tamara and Matty has fun at the concert with the outcasts.|
|69||4||"Now You See Me, Now I Don't"||Chris Alberghini||Ryan O'Connell||September 21, 2015||0.53|
|Jenna gets upset when the yearbook comes out and her nickname is 'Most Depressing.' However, she also tries to write something cool in Matty's yearbook while wondering what will Matty write in hers. At the same time, Sadie's mom tries to win her daughter back in an imitation that mothers make about their daughters in Palos Hills. Ally, who knows Sadie better, offers her help. Matty spends time with Kyle seeing the mother's imitations; Tamara promises Jenna to end her commitment to wed Adam, but she doesn't. Lissa becomes the new school counselor. Lacey imitates Jenna when Jenna was plastered, but ends up hurting Jenna's feelings. In the end, Sadie begins to forgive her mother while they both despise Ally. Jenna ends up helping Lacey in her interpretation; Jenna gets mad with Matty for not writing something significant in her yearbook, but he explains to her that she is his best friend.|
|70||5||"The Dis-Engagement Dinner"||Ashley Rickards||Shawn Simmons||September 28, 2015||0.75|
|Jenna is forced to throw Tamara a party for her fake engagement (Lacey and Kevin go out of town and let them do the party), and when she thinks everything will be fun and relaxing, she finds out that the party is way too fancy. Jenna discovers that Adam invited Brian and she tries to avoid him while also trying not to say anything about Tamara's secret. Sadie and Sergio argue about marriage when Sadie tells him that she doesn't believe in marriage. Sadie and Sergio, Matty, Jake and, Gabby go to Tamara's engagement party. Later a drunken Gabby tells Jenna that Matty is still in love with her. Jenna overthinks what Gabby said and ends up delivering an awful toast where she starts to think Matty was the one for her since the beginning. Brian talks to Jenna about her horrible toast leading Jenna to tell him everything about Tamara not wanting to get married, but everyone hears them and Adam storms off. Jenna feels bad for Tamara's dis-engagement, while still confused about what Gabby said.|
|71||6||"Don't Dream It's Over"||Brian Dannelly||Leila Cohan-Miccio||October 5, 2015||0.58|
|After Adam storms off and the dinner ends, Jenna and Tamara decide to watch Sex and the City, but instead find a porn video Kevin left to Lacey. Tamara thinks that Adam is her Mr. Big and decides to go tell him that. She and Jenna get into an argument and she tells Jenna that all of her relationships ended because of her. Tamara goes to the Base, but a less drunken Gabby is revealed to be in the back of Tamara's car. Jenna thinks about what Tamara said; Jake, looking for Gabby, confirms Jenna's doubts about her ruining every relationship. Tamara isn't allowed to enter the Base and has to wait until 6 a.m. to talk to Adam; Gabby helps her out and Tamara gets to talk to Adam but she doesn't apologize. She just tells him how awesome she thinks she is. Meanwhile, Jenna has a Sex and the City themed dream with Sadie, Tamara and Lissa telling her she ruined every relationship. She talks to several ex-boyfriends (Owen, Collin, Luke, and Jake) in her dreams. Tamara finally apologizes to Adam but as she returns the ring, Adam still rejects her. Jake and Gabby comfort Tamara. Jenna's dream leads her to the conclusion that she never stopped being in love with Matty.|
|72||7||"The Big Reveal"||Joanna Kerns||Allison M. Gibson||October 12, 2015||0.50|
|Lacey asks Jenna to prepare a gender reveal party. Matty gets accepted to Berkeley just as Jenna is ready to tell him that she loves him, but later decides to keep this to herself as they prepare to go to separate colleges. Valerie returns to announce her engagement to Biggie, just as Lacey finds out she's having a girl.|
|73||8||"An Indecent Promposal"||Mike Chessler||Sarah Walker||October 19, 2015||0.71|
|Jenna and Tamara both struggle with their own disappointments and issues over the impending prom (and their respective lack of dates). A small and brief prom rebellion ensues, and in the end Jenna decides to go with someone she truly loves (while grappling with her renewed love for Matty).|
|74||9||"Say No to the Dress"||Uta Briesewitz||Jenna Lamia||October 26, 2015||0.63|
|It's Prom Time at Palos Hills, which means it's also time for drama. Despite everything that's going on, Jenna is determined to have a dream prom, regardless of the many obsticals she faces along the way.|
|75||10||"Reality Does Not Bite"||Uta Briesewitz||Jenna Lamia||November 2, 2015||0.81|
|The gang attend prom, which takes many unexpected turns throughout the night.|
|76||11||"The Graduates"||Peter Lauer||Mike Chessler||November 9, 2015||0.78|
|Sadie is banned from attending Graduation and giving her Valedictorian speech after being busted for drinking at prom and causing a scene at the Graduation Day breakfast. Matty drops a bomb on Jenna when he reveals he has to leave for Berkeley after Graduation Night to start soccer practice over the summer, leaving the couple only one day left together. Before Jenna can respond, Valerie hijacks the graduation ceremony to announce it is now a 'Weduation' - a surprise wedding for herself and her boyfriend Biggie. Lacey ordains the wedding and Jenna is called on stage to be the flower girl.|
|77||12||"Holding On and Letting Go"||Peter Lauer||Chris Alberghini||November 9, 2015||0.74|
|Tamara and Jake realise they are both holding on to how they have defined themselves in high school and confront their fears that they won't be able to achieve such high social statuses in their post-graduate lives. Sergio and Sadie get back together. Jenna and Matty decide they love each other and want to continue the relationship over the summer.|
|78||13||"I'm the Kind of Girl Who Found Her Voice in College"||Peter Lauer||Mike Chessler||March 15, 2016||0.52|
|Jenna is on top of the world when she gets home from her freshman year of college, but her new found confidence is shaken when she discovers she's not the only one who's changed.|
|79||14||"WTF Happened Last Year?"||Gail Lerner||Anna Christopher||March 22, 2016||0.58|
|Jenna reveals what happened to her and the rest of the gang in the last year--what caused the freeze between Matty and Jenna, what sparked the friendship between Sadie and Tamara, and how Jake and Lissa rekindled their romance.|
|80||15||"The Friend Connection"||Mike Chessler||Sarah Walker||March 29, 2016||0.48|
|Jenna refrains from a new relationship in order to connect with her co-workers; Tamara throws a chic birthday party for Sadie that leaves some party goers feeling less than celebratory.|
|81||16||"Best Friends For Never"||Mike Chessler||Ryan O'Connell||April 5, 2016||0.52|
|In an attempt to make Idea Bin a friendlier place for herself, Jenna hooks Tamara up with an internship but quickly finds that working with friends can be a recipe for disaster.|
|82||17||"Fireworks"||Jeff Melman||Allison M. Gibson||April 12, 2016||0.54|
|Jake gets Jenna and Tamara jobs at Palos hills country club. But everyone ends up getting fired when the group have a party.|
|83||18||"Digging Deep"||Steve Gainer||Leila Cohan-Miccio||April 19, 2016||0.59|
|The group throw a surprise party for Jake in an attempt to apologize for getting him fired and Ally gets him rehired. Jenna writes an article about her and Matty's relationship and after it gets posted it goes viral and Matty gets upset at her for revealing personal details about their relationship.|
|84||19||"Girls Gone Viral"||Beau Mirchoff||Story by : Ryan O'Connell |
Teleplay by : Sarah Walker & Jenna Wycoff
|April 26, 2016||0.55|
|Jenna attempts to get her article about Matty taken down. Jake sleeps with Jenna's co-worker Ophelia.|
|85||20||"Misadventures in Babysitting"||Anna Mastro||Jenna Lamia||May 3, 2016||0.70|
|Matty helps Jenna babysit. Tamara and Sadie attend a rich-kid clambake. Lissa discovers what it takes to be a Palos Hills mom.|
|86||21||"Living in Sin"||Chris Alberghini||Leila Cohan-Miccio||May 10, 2016||0.49|
|Tamara is in debt. Jenna and Luke get serious.|
|87||22||"Home Again, Home Again"||Chris Alberghini||Jenna Lamia||May 17, 2016||0.59|
|Jenna and Luke fight over an article Jenna wrote for Ideabin which elaborated on their relationship that got Lizzie angry because Luke hasn't been honest with her. Jenna signs up for her camp reunion, and attempts to reconnect with Matty. In a game of "Truth or Truth" involving alcohol they talk about how important they are to one another and how they have always been there for one another, but Matty said that his timing was always "a little off". Since Jenna has not been answering any of Luke's calls, it turned out Matty texted Luke telling him were Jenna was, and Luke came and apologized. He has also revealed that he sent an email to the Dean of SCU with one of Jenna's articles, and they were interested in Jenna transferring there, much to Jenna's surprise and delight. She and Luke make up, and they both thank Matty and leave him alone. Meanwhile, Sadie attempts to apologize to Tamara but to no avail. She also ruined her relationship with both Lissa and Sergio. Jake helps Lissa film a video of her training for YouTube, and he reveals to her that he started thinking about his future being more than just in the club. Tamara met Adam when she was on the job as a "professional bride's maid", and he introduced her to his new fiancee Amy. Adam confronts Tamara that she always lies to her boyfriends, and thus she calls Patrick leaving a voice message that she needs to talk to him.|
|88||23||"Second Chances"||Peter Lauer||Chris Alberghini||May 24, 2016||0.47|
|Jenna faces a dilemma in her dating life when Luke makes plans for her future without consulting her. Tamara has a hard time facing the truth of her personal failings.|
|89||24||"Happy Campers. Happier Trails"||Peter Lauer||Chris Alberghini & Mike Chessler||May 24, 2016||0.38|
- "MTV's Awkward to End After Season 5". TVLine. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Seidman, Robert (July 20, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom,' 'Tosh.0,' 'Deadliest Catch,' 'White Collar,' 'Covert Affairs,' 'Pretty Little Liars,' 'Hawthorne' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 24, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (July 27, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom' Still on Top + 'Tosh.0,' 'Deadliest Catch,' 'White Collar,' 'Covert Affairs,' 'Pretty Little Liars,' 'Gene Simmons' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 29, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 3, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom' Still on Top; 'White Collar,' 'Covert Affairs' Rise + 'Pretty Little Liars,' 'Billy the Exterminator' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 3, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 10, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Teen Mom' on Top but; 'White Collar,' 'Covert Affairs' Rise in Summer Finales + 'Pretty Little Liars,' 'Billy the Exterminator' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 17, 2011). "Tuesday Cable : 'Teen Mom' Rises, Wins Again; TNT's Originals Rise; 'Pretty Little Liars' Dips". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 25, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (August 24, 2011). "Tuesday Cable : 'Teen Mom' Grows, Wins Again; 'Awkward,' 'Pretty Little Liars' Rise & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (August 31, 2011). "Tuesday Cable: 'Teen Mom' Slips, Still Tops; 'Pretty Little Liars' Finale, 'Chopped,' 'Big Sexy' Premieres, 'Awkward' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (September 8, 2011). "Tuesday Cable: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Returns On Top; Plus 'Teen Mom,' 'Awkward,' 'Chopped,' 'Hardcore Pawn', 'Flipping Out' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 10, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (September 14, 2011). "Tuesday Cable: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Drops, Still Tops; Plus 'Teen Mom,' 'Awkward,' 'Chopped,' 'Hardcore Pawn', 'Flipping Out' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 14, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (September 21, 2011). "Tuesday Cable: 'Teen Mom' On top of 'Tosh.0' & 'Sons Of Anarchy' + 'Awkward,' 'Chopped,' 'Workaholics' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (September 28, 2011). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons Of Anarchy,' 'Teen Mom' & 'Tosh.0' Tangled On Top; + 'Awkward,' 'Chopped,' 'Workaholics' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 29, 2011.
- Bibel, Sara (June 29, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Anger Management' Wins Night, 'Suits', 'Burn Notice', 'Wilfred', 'Awkward', 'Men at Work' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 29, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 6, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Swamp People' Leads, 'Anger Management' Falls + 'Mountain Men', 'Louie,' 'Snooki & JWOWW', 'Wilfred' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (July 13, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Swamp People' Wins Night, 'Suits', 'Anger Management', 'Burn Notice', 'Awkward', 'Wilfred' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (July 20, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Burn Notice' Wins Night, 'Mountain Men', 'Suits', 'Anger Management', 'Sullivan & Son' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 27, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Burn Notice' Wins Night + 'Suits', 'Anger Management', 'Sullivan & Son', 'Snooki & JWOWW', 'Awkward' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved July 27, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 3, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Burn Notice' Tops 'Suits', + 'Sullivan & Son', 'Snooki & JWOWW', 'Awkward', 'Project Runway', 'Anger Management' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 3, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (August 10, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings:NFL Pre-Season Football wins Night, 'Burn Notice', 'Suits', 'Awkward', 'Anger Management','Project Runway' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 17, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Suits', 'Burn Notice', 'Great White Highway', 'Sullivan & Son', 'Anger Management' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (August 24, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Suits' Finale Wins Night, 'Burn Notice', 'Awkward', 'Project Runway', 'Anger Management', 'Louie' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 31, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: College Football Wins Night + RNC Coverage, 'Project Runway', 'Sullivan & Son', 'Snooki & JWOWW' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 14, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Thursday Night Football Tops Night, + 'Awkward', 'Sullivan & Son', 'Snooki & JWOWW', 'Project Runway', 'Impractical Jokers' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (September 21, 2012). "Thursday Cable Ratings: Football, 'Awkward', 'Project Runway', 'Impractical Jokers', 'The Daily Show', 'Braxton Family Values' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- "MTV renews 'Awkward' for supersized third season". EW.com. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- "'Awkward' Season 3 Premiere Date And New Trailer Featuring Anthony Michael Hall (VIDEO)". Huffingtonpost.com. March 18, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Twitter / laurenei: @AmandaBLAZED @MTV Its not". Twitter.com. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- Michael Ausiello (June 26, 2013). "'Awkward' Season 4 Renewal: Series Creator Lauren Iungerich Quits". TVLine. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Deadliest Catch' Wins Night, 'Tosh.0′, 'Awkward', 'Storage Wars','Dance Moms' & More — Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. April 17, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Tuesday's Cable Ratings: TNT Edges Competition with NBA Playoffs". The Futon Critic. April 24, 2013. Retrieved April 26, 2013.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Tosh.0' Wins Night, NBA Playoffs, 'Deadliest Catch', 'The Game', 'Inside Amy Schumer', 'Dance Moms' & More". TV by the Numbers. May 1, 2013. Retrieved May 1, 2013.
- "Ratings — Tuesday's Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Hold Off Originals for TNT". TheFutonCritic.com. May 7, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Ratings — Tuesday's Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Once Again Put TNT on Top". TheFutonCritic.com. May 14, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night, 'Deadliest Catch', 'Bad Girls Club', 'The Game', 'Inside Amy Schumer' & More — Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. May 22, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Ratings — Tuesday's Cable Ratings: Pacers/Heat Post Another Big Night for TNT". TheFutonCritic.com. May 28, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Ratings — Tuesday's Cable Ratings: "Deadliest Catch," "Storage Wars" Top Originals". TheFutonCritic.com. June 4, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Tuesday's Cable Ratings: "Pretty Little Liars" Top Charts in Viewers, Demos". The Futon Critic. June 12, 2013.
- "Ratings - Tuesday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: CBS Dramas Top Viewers, "Voice" Leads Demos". TheFutonCritic.com. October 22, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "Ratings - Tuesday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "Voice," "NCIS" Continue to Lead the Pack". TheFutonCritic.com. October 29, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "Ratings - Tuesday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "Voice," "NCIS" Top Demos, Viewers". TheFutonCritic.com. November 5, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "Ratings - Tuesday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: No Stopping "The Voice," "NCIS"". TheFutonCritic.com. November 12, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Wins Night + 'Tosh.0′, 'Moonshiners', 'The Daily Show' & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. November 20, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "Ratings - Tuesday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "Voice" Tops Demos, "DWTS" Finale Leads Viewers". TheFutonCritic.com. November 26, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Wins Night + 'Tosh.0′, 'Moonshiners', 'The Real Husbands of Hollywood' & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. December 4, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Wins Night, 'After Anarchy', 'Moonshiners', 'Awkward', 'Tosh.0′ & More - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 17, 2013). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Moonshiners' Tops Night + 'The Daily Show', 'The Real Husbands of Hollywood', 'Bad Girls Club' & More". TV by the Numbers.
- "'Awkward' Renewed for Season 4 by MTV — Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- Masters, Megan (November 19, 2013). "'Awkward' Season 4 — 10-Episode Back Order". TVLine. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 16, 2014). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'The Game' Wins Night, 'Teen Mom Reunion', 'Awkward', 'Fargo', 'Dance Moms' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 16, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 23, 2014). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Lead Night + 'Deadliest Catch', 'The Game', 'Tosh.0' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 23, 2014.
- Yanan, Travis (April 30, 2014). "Tuesday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "The Voice" Tops Demo Race, "NCIS" Leads Total Viewers". The Futon Critic. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 7, 2014). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night + 'Deadliest Catch', '19 Kids and Counting', 'Tosh.0' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (May 14, 2014). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night, 'Deadliest Catch', 'Little Couple', 'Fargo', 'True Tori', 'Faking It' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 21, 2014). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: NBA Conference Finals Lead Night + 'Deadliest Catch', '19 Kids and Counting', 'Ink Master' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 21, 2014.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: NBA Playoffs Win Night, 'Deadliest Catch', 'The Haves and the Have Nots', 'Bad Girls Club', 'True Tori' & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 4, 2014). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Deadliest Catch' Leads Night + '19 Kids and Counting', 'The Haves and the Have Nots', 'The Little Couple' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 4, 2014.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Pretty Little Liars' & 'Deadliest Catch' Win Night, 'Fargo', 'Royal Pains', 'Chasing Life', 'Faking It' & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: World Cup Soccer Leads Night + 'Deadliest Catch', 'Rizzoli & Isles', 'The Haves & the Have Nots', 'Pretty Little Liars' & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Tops Night + '19 Kids and Counting', 'Little People, Big World', 'Ink Master' & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Archived from the original on September 25, 2014. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Wins Night, MLB Wildcard, '19 Kids and Counting', 'Awkward', 'Face Off', 'Dance Moms' & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 8, 2014). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Tops Night + 'Tosh.0', MLB Baseball, '19 Kids and Counting' & More". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 10, 2014. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (October 15, 2014). "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Wins Night, 'BET Hip Hop Awards', 'Chrisley Knows Best', 'Awkward', 'Face Off' & More". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 17, 2014. Retrieved October 15, 2014.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Tops Night + '19 Kids and Counting', 'Ink Master', 'Tosh.0′ & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Archived from the original on October 24, 2014. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings:'Sons of Anarchy' Wins Night, '19 Kids & Counting', 'Ink Master', 'Face Off', 'Awkward' & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Archived from the original on October 31, 2014. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Tops Night + '19 Kids and Counting', Election Coverage & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Wins Night, '30 for 30′, '19 Kids & Counting', 'Chrisley Knows Best', 'Awkward', 'Faking It' & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Sons of Anarchy' Tops Night + College Basketball, 'Anarchy Afterword', 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Curse of Oak Island' Wins Night, 'Ink Master', 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills', 'Bad Girls Club', 'Awkward', 'Faking It' & More - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Swift, Andy (October 8, 2014). "MTV's Awkward to End After Season 5". TVLine. Retrieved October 10, 2014.
- Petski, Denise (April 21, 2015). "MTV Greenlights New Late-Night Talk Show, Renews 'Faking It', More — Upfronts". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved April 21, 2015.
- Swift, Andy (November 9, 2015). "Awkward EPs Preview Jenna/Matty's Post-Finale Future, Possible Season 6". TVLine. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- Swift, Andy (January 12, 2016). "MTV Sets Premiere Date for Awkward's 'Final' Run and Faking It Season 3". TVLine. Retrieved January 13, 2016.
- "Monday Cable Ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop Atlanta' Wins Night, 'WWE Raw', 'Real Housewives of Orange County', 'Awkward', 'Switched At Birth' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 100 Monday Cable Originals (& Network Update): 9.7.2015". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- "Monday Cable Ratings: NFL Football Wins Night + 'SportsCenter', 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood', 'Rick & Morty' & More". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 17, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (October 6, 2015). "SHOWBUZZ DAILY's Top 100 Monday Cable Originals & Network Update: 10.5.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (October 13, 2015). "Monday cable ratings: 'Monday Night Football' on top, plus 'Fargo' premiere, 'Love & Hip Hop' and WWE". Zap2It. Retrieved October 13, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (October 20, 2015). "Monday cable ratings: The Force is strong with 'Monday Night Football'". Zap2It. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (October 27, 2015). "SHOWBUZZ DAILY's Top 100 Monday Cable Originals & Network Update: 10.26.2015". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (November 3, 2015). "Monday cable ratings: 'Monday Night Football' leads, plus 'Black Ink Crew,' 'Major Crimes,' 'Fargo'". Zap2It. Retrieved November 3, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- Porter, Rick (November 10, 2015). "Monday cable ratings: 'Monday Night Football' down but still on top, plus 'Love & Hip Hop,' 'WWE Raw'". Zap2It. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- Metcalf, Mitch (March 15, 2016). "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.15.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (March 22, 2016). "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.22.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (March 29, 2016). "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.29.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (April 5, 2016). "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 4.5.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (April 12, 2016). "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Tuesday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 4.12.2016". Showbuzz Daily. Retrieved April 24, 2016.
- UFO, Dark (April 20, 2016). "Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Tuesday 19th April 2016". SpoilerTV. Retrieved April 24, 2016.
- UFO, Dark (April 27, 2016). "Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Tuesday 26th April 2016". SpoilerTV. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- UFO, Dark (May 3, 2016). "Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Tuesday 3rd May 2016". SpoilerTV. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- UFO, Dark (May 10, 2016). "Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Tuesday 10th May 2016". SpoilerTV. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- UFO, Dark (May 17, 2016). "Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Tuesday 17th May 2016". SpoilerTV. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (May 24, 2016). "Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Tuesday 24th May 2016". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- Metcalf, Mitch (May 24, 2016). "Final Adjusted TV Ratings for Tuesday 24th May 2016". ShowBuzzDaily. Retrieved May 25, 2016.