List of telecom companies in India
Mobile network operators
The total number of wireless subscribers in India reached 1,183.41 million at the end of March 2018.
Airtel - 346.67
Tata Docomo - 31.24
Airtel - 28.91%
Tata Docomo - 2.64%
Jio- 186.56 RCom- 0.24
Jio- 20% RCom- 0.02%
|5||74.20||6.27%||Maxis Communications (74%)
Sindya Securities and Investments (26%)
- Vodafone and Idea have been sanctioned by the NCLT for a merger. Such a merger would render them the world's second-largest telcom company.
- Reliance Communications and its subsidiaries plan to exit their state of insolvency and reduce their debt of 46,000 crore rupees by selling physical assets such as towers and fiber optic networks, as well as part of its bandwidth, to Reliance Jio.
- Aircel has filed for bankruptcy to the NCLT using section ten of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code that is part of the Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process (CIRP).
As of March 31st, 2018, there are 22.81 million wired subscribers in India in total.
Direct-To-Home (DTH) operators
India is the largest DTH market in the world by number of subscribers.
As of September 30th, 2017, there are 66.09 million paid DTH subscribers in the country.
|1||Dish TV||2003||15.86+12.5=28.1||Zee Entertainment Enterprises|
|2||Tata Sky||2006||15.86 ||Tata Sons (60%)
21st Century Fox (30%)
Temasek Holdings (10%)
|3||Sun Direct||2007||6.61||Sun Network (80%)
Astro Group (20%)
|4||Airtel digital TV||2008||13.88 ||Bharti Airtel Limited|
Multiple-system operators (MSOs)
Internet service providers (ISPs)
- Telecommunications in India
- List of mobile network operators
- List of mobile network operators of the Asia Pacific region
- "Press Release on Telecom Subscription Data". Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
- "Vodafone, Idea Cellular to merge". Firstpost.
- "Idea covers 10 telecom circles with its world class 4G LTE services". Idea Cellular.
- "Tata Teleservices to merge consumer business with Bharti Airtel". EconomicTimes.
- "With Aircel filing for bankruptcy, consolidation in the Indian telecom sector is almost over". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- Pandey, Navadha (2018-01-12). "NCLT approves Idea-Vodafone merger". livemint.com. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- www.ETTelecom.com. "RCom shares gain after telco moves NCLAT - ET Telecom". ETTelecom.com. Retrieved 2018-05-23.
- Sandeep Kumar Jain (2016). "Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process under the Bankruptcy Code and its impact on the Companies" (PDF). TheCompaniesAct2013. Retrieved 20 June 2018.
- "Highlights of Telecom Subscription Data as on 28th February, 2018". Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
- "Highlights of Telecom Subscription Data as on 31st March, 2018" (PDF).
- "The Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicators" (PDF) (Press release). TRAI. 30 September 2017. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Dish TV's Q1 subs adds strong, EBITDA up 12% amid flat ARPU | TelevisionPost.com". www.televisionpost.com. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "With DTH evolution, life is not so 'jhingalala' for Tata Sky - The Economic Times". Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Airtel Digital TV's Q1 net subs adds highest in 4 years, EBITDA up 9.5% QoQ | TelevisionPost.com". www.televisionpost.com. Retrieved 2016-10-01.
- "Highlights of Telecom Subscription Data" (PDF). TRAI. TRAI.
- "Highlights of Telecom Subscription Data" (PDF). TRAI. TRAI. 30 June 2016. Retrieved 16 February 2017.