List of Beninese writers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of Beninese writers.
- Christine Adjahi Gnimagnon, also connected with Senegal
- Stanislas Adotevi (1934– ), French-language academic and philosopher[Gikandi] [Jahn]
- Berte-Evelyne Agbo, French-language poet also connected with Senegal
- Colette Senami Agossou Houeto (1939–)
- Barbara Akplogan (1984– ), French-language writer
- Julien Alapini (1906–1971), ethnographer and playwright[Gikandi] [Jahn]
- Ryad Assani-Razaki (1981–)
- Francis Aupiais (1877–1945), French-born missionary and anthropologist
- Olympe Bhêly-Quenum (1928– ), writer and journalist[Gikandi] [Jahn]
- Jérôme Carlos (1944– ), novelist, poet[Gikandi]
- Florent Couao-Zotti (1964), novelist, writer of comics, plays and short stories
- Félix Couchoro (1900–1968), novelist, also connected with Togo[Gikandi] [Jahn] [Killam & Rowe]
- Moudjib Djinadou (1965– ), novelist[Gikandi]
- Richard Dogbeh (1932–2003), also connected with Togo, Senegal and Côte d'Ivoire[Jahn]
- Bazini Zakari Dramani (1940- ), academic and writer[Jahn]
- Paul Fabo (1906–1973), journalist and playwright[Jahn]
- Adelaide Fassinou (1955– ), novelist
- Dieudonné Gnammankou, writer and historian
- Paul Hazoumé (1890–1980), novelist[Gikandi] [Jahn]
- Gisèle Hountondji (1954– ), French-language novelist
- Paulin J. Hountondji (1942– ), philosopher and politician
- Béatrice Lalinon Gbado, children's writer
- Paulin Joachim (1931– ), poet, journalist and editor[Jahn]
- Lauryn, also connected with Côte d'Ivoire and Togo, born in France (1978–)
- Barnabé Laye (1941– ), poet[Gikandi]
- Hortense Mayaba, French-language novelist and children's writer
- Dallys-Tom Medali (1987– ), French-language poet and writer, currently living in the United States
- Jean Pliya (1931– ), playwright and short story writer[Jahn]
- José Pliva (1966– ), actor and playwright
- Eustache Prudencio (1922–2001), journalist, writer and diplomat[Jahn]
- Alidjanatou Saliou-Arekpa, French-language novelist
- Arnold Sènou, French-language novelist
- "Barbara Akplogan: An author from Benin writing in French". Aflit.arts.uwa.edu.au. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- see the German Wikipedia: de:Ryad Assani-Razaki
- "Dictionary of African Christian Biography". Dacb.org. 1 April 2007. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- New Statesman. New Statesman Limited. 2005. p. 36. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- "Gisèle Hountondji: an author from Benin writing in French". Aflit.arts.uwa.edu.au. 18 February 1997. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Hortense Mayaba: an author from Benin writing in French". Aflit.arts.uwa.edu.au. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Dallys-Tom Medali, iTunes books". iTunes. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Alidjanatou Saliou-Arekpa: An author from Benin writing in French". Aflit.arts.uwa.edu.au. 28 November 2004. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- David Cadasse. "Arnold Sènou, " lauréat " Gallimard avec son livre " Ainsi va l'hattéria "". Afrik.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- [Gikandi] Simon Gikandi, ed., Encyclopedia of African Literature. Routledge; 2002. ISBN 978-0-415-23019-3
- [Gikandi & Mwangi] Simon Gikandi & Evan Mwangi, ed., The Columbia Guide to East African Literature in English Since 1945. Columbia University Press; 2007. ISBN 978-0-231-12520-8
- [Killam & Rowe] Douglas Killam & Ruth Rowe, eds., The Companion to African Literatures. James Currey & Indiana University Press; 2000. ISBN 0-253-33633-3
- [Jahn] Janheinz Jahn, Ulla Schild & Almut Nordmann Seiler, eds., Who's who in African Literature: Biographies, Works, Commentaries. Horst Erdmann Verlag, 1972. ISBN 978-3-7711-0153-4