Outline of Big Science
(Redirected from List of Big Science topics)
The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Big Science.
Essence of Big Science
- Basic research
- Big budgets - Research funding by governments. For example, see Federal grant.
- Big projects (with big staffs) - Genome Project, NASA, CERN etc.
- Big machines - Cyclotron, Space shuttle, ISS, Very Large Array, etc.
- Big laboratories - Bell Labs, Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, PARC, SAP Labs, etc.
Areas of Big Science
- Military science and military technology
- Space exploration
- Life sciences
- Particle Physics (ex: Large Hadron Collider)
- Astronomy (ex: Hubble Space Telescope, other Great Observatories)
History of Big Science
- Main article: History of Big Science
- Outline of science
- Hughes, Jeff (2003). The Manhattan Project: Big Science and the Atom Bomb. Columbia University Press. p. 170. ISBN 978-0-231-13152-0.