List of Boston College Eagles bowl games
The Boston College Eagles college football team competes as part of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), representing Boston College in the Atlantic Division of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). Since the establishment of the team in 1892, Boston College has appeared in 24 bowl games. Included in these games are 4 combined appearances in the traditional "big four" bowl games (the Rose, Sugar, Cotton, and Orange), all of which came in their first six bowl appearances. Their victory in the 1941 Sugar Bowl over Tennessee gave Boston College a claim on the national championship, having received votes from various selectors. However, the NCAA only lists Minnesota as having won that year.
BC's 13-11 bowl record in 24 bowl games place it 31st in all-time bowl wins.
- Statistics correct as of 2010–11 NCAA football bowl games.
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). "Bowl/All-Star Game Records" (PDF). 2012 NCAA Division I Football Records. NCAA.org. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- Bowl/All-Star Game Records, p. 14
- 2011 Media Guide, p. 70
- Dunnavant, Keith (2004). The Fifty-Year Seduction: How Television Manipulated College Football, from the Birth of the Modern NCAA to the Creation of the BCS. Macmillan. pp. 93–99. ISBN 978-0-312-32345-5. Retrieved March 2, 2011.
- 2011 Media Guide Supplement, pp. 119–135