List of reptiles of Great Britain
Ten or eleven species of reptiles occur in Great Britain: three snakes and three lizards, which were established at the time of the last ice age. Additionally, Britain has a number of introduced species which have become naturalized in their new environments.
- Leatherback sea turtle Dermochelys coriacea. Foraging
- Loggerhead sea turtle Caretta caretta. Vagrant
- Green sea turtle Chelonia mydas. Vagrant.
- Hawksbill sea turtle Eretmochelys imbricata. Vagrant.
- Kemp's ridley sea turtle Lepidochelys kempii. Vagrant.
- Red-eared terrapin Trachemys scripta elegans. (Introduced species). Rare but increasing due to pet release.
- European pond turtle Emys orbicularis.
- Common wall lizard Podarcis muralis.
- Aesculapian snake Zamenis longissimus.
- Rhodin 2011, p. 000.174
- Rhodin 2011, p. 000.172
- Inns, Howard (2009) Britain's Reptiles and Amphibians, Wildguides.
- Wildlife of Britain The Definitive Visual Guide. Dorling Kindersley. 2011. p. 168. ISBN 9781405367097.
- Rhodin 2011, p. 000.183
- "Common Wall Lizard". Surrey Amphibian and Reptile Group (SARG). Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- BBC - Press Office - Wild snake caught on film in north Wales
- [http://www.islingtontribune.com/reviews/features/2010/sep/feature-camden-creature-amphibian-and-reptile-trust-says-our-waterways-are Feature: "The Camden Creature" - An amphibian and reptile trust says our waterways are alive with some exotic creatures | Islington Tribune
- British Reptiles from wildlifetrust.org.uk
- RAUK Identification Guide
- Rhodin, Anders G.J.; van Dijk, Peter Paul; Inverson, John B.; Shaffer, H. Bradley; Roger, Bour (2011-12-31). "Turtles of the world, 2011 update: Annotated checklist of taxonomy, synonymy, distribution and conservation status" (PDF). Chelonian Research Monographs. 5. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-01-22.
-  Wilkinson, J.W., Baker, J. and Foster, J. Priorities for Non-Native Amphibians and Reptiles in the UK. ARC Research Report 11/02.