List of Bulgarian Americans
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008)|
This is a list of notable Bulgarian Americans, including both original immigrants who obtained American citizenship and their American descendants.
|Lists of Americans|
|By U.S. state|
|By ethnicity or nationality|
To be included in this list, the person must have a Wikipedia article showing they are Bulgarian American or must have references showing they are Bulgarian American and are notable.
- Alex Maleev - Comic book illustrator, artist best known for the Marvel Comics' series Daredevil (vol. 2), collaborating with writer Brian Michael Bendis.
- Andre Roussimoff - Professional wrestler, known as André the Giant.
- Angela Nikodinov - Figure skater
- Asen Yordanov - Aviation constructor with a global recognition.
- Bill Danoff - Songwriter, singer
- Carl Djerassi - Chemist, developed the first oral contraceptive pill (OCP) that was nominated as one of the greatest medical discoveries in the last 166 years.(1)
- Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev - Writer, art historian and curator.
- Christo - World famous artist, known for projects such as The Gates, The Wrapped Reichstag, etc.
- Dan Koloff - Wrestler from the first part of the 20th century
- Dimitar Sasselov - Astronomer
- Dimitre Mehandjiysky - Artist
- John Atanasoff - Inventor of the first automatic electronic digital computer.
- Kyril Vassilev (1908–1987) - a portrait painter of royalty and American society during the mid-20th century.
- Laura Chukanov - Miss USA 2009 competitor
- Leah LaBelle - Singer, finalist in American Idol.
- Maria Popova - Writer, critic and blogger. In 2012, Popova was named among the 100 Most Creative People in Business by Fast Company Magazine.
- Milcho Leviev - Jazz pianist and composer
- Miki Mehandjiysky - Industrial designer
- Miroslav Barnyashev - Wrestler, currently competing in World Wrestling Entertainment
- Igor Velikov - Investor and philanthropist
- Nina Dobrev - actress
- Peter Petroff - Inventor, engineer, NASA scientist, and adventurer.
- Rita Wilson - Actress, wife of American actor, Tom Hanks.
- Stephane Groueff - Writer, journalist, wrote the Manhattan Project: The Untold Story of the Making of the Atomic Bomb.
- Svetla Protich - Classical pianist
- Ted Kotcheff - Film and TV director and producer First Blood, Weekend at Bernie's
- Victor Ninov - Nuclear physicist
- Assen Jordanoff - the man who contributed to America's airpower at www.pantonov.com