List of economic regions of California
Nine California regional economies and nine associated geopolitical regions were specified in about 1998 by the California Regional Economies Project. California Statewide is the tenth economic region. The California Economic Strategy Panel uses employment and wage information reported by employers, along with these regions, for public policy-making, planning, and program administration. Other agencies, specifically including the California Public Utilities Commission and the California Board of Registered Nursing, also provide reports for the regions.
- Northern California Region (dark green)
- Northern Sacramento Valley Region (Light Green)
- Greater Sacramento (yellow)
- Bay Area (Red)
- Central Coast (orange)
- San Joaquin Valley Region (green)
- Central Sierra Region (brown)
- Southern California Region (light blue)
- Southern Border Region (purple)
- California Statewide. The state as a whole is the tenth economic region.
- California Economic Strategy Panel (December 2006). "California economic base report: Southern Border region" (PDF). California Labor and Workforce Development Agency. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- "California: Southern Border region. Wireline and Fixed Wireless Broadband Availability." (PDF). California Public Utilities Commission. Retrieved 2011-06-09.[permanent dead link]
- Center for the Health Professions; Renae Waneka, MPH; Joanne Spetz, PhD (March 31, 2010). "California Board of Registered Nursing. 2008-2009 Annual School Report. Data Summary and Historical Trend Analysis. A Presentation of Pre-Licensure Nursing Education Programs in California. Southern Border." (PDF). San Francisco: Department of Consumer Affairs. Board of Registered Nurses. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- "California Economic Strategy Panel Regions" (PDF). California Labor and Workforce Development Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 1, 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "Economic Strategy Panel. California's Economic Regions.". California Labor and Workforce Development Agency. Retrieved 2011-06-12.
- "Economic Strategy Panel". California Labor and Workforce Development Agency. Retrieved 2011-06-11.