List of Carnegie libraries in Wyoming
The following list of Carnegie libraries in Wyoming provides detailed information on United States Carnegie libraries in Wyoming, where 16 libraries were built from 16 grants (totaling $257,500) awarded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York from 1899 to 1917. As of 2021, 10 of these buildings are still standing, and 5 still operate as libraries.
Building still operating as a library
Building standing, but now serving another purpose
Building no longer standing
Building listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Building contributes to a historic district on the National Register of Historic Places
|1||Basin||Basin||Jun 29, 1908||$17,500||Demolished in 1954|
|2||Buffalo||Buffalo||Jan 14, 1909||$12,500||90 North Main Street
44°20′53″N 106°41′58″W / 44.34806°N 106.69944°W
|Completed in 1909, now a museum|
|3||Casper||Casper||Feb 13, 1906||$13,000||2nd and Durban Streets||Completed in 1910, demolished in May–June 1970|
|4||Cheyenne||Cheyenne||Dec 27, 1899||$50,000||22nd Street and Capitol Avenue||Completed in 1902, demolished in 1971|
|5||Cody||Cody||Apr 13, 1914||$15,000||Completed in 1916, demolished in 1965|
|6||Douglas||Douglas||Jul 20, 1908||$10,000||300 Walnut Street||Completed in 1911, demolished on September 8, 1966|
|7||Evanston||Evanston||Feb 20, 1903||$11,000||1020 Front Street
41°16′07″N 110°57′54.5″W / 41.26861°N 110.965139°W
|Completed in 1906, now houses the Uinta County Museum and Chamber of Commerce|
|8||Green River||Green River||Dec 8, 1905||$20,000||177 North Center Street
41°31′45″N 109°28′03″W / 41.52917°N 109.46750°W
|Completed in 1906, now vacant|
|9||Lander||Lander||Nov 27, 1906||$15,000||451 North 2nd Street
42°50′11″N 108°43′41″W / 42.83639°N 108.72806°W
|Completed in 1907, renovation/restoration planned|
|10||Laramie||Laramie||Jan 2, 1903||$20,000||405 East Grand Avenue
41°18′40″N 105°35′31″W / 41.31111°N 105.59194°W
|Now houses government offices|
|11||Lusk||Lusk||May 8, 1914||$11,000||425 South Main Street
42°45′36″N 104°27′06″W / 42.76000°N 104.45167°W
|Completed in 1919|
|12||Newcastle||Newcastle||Feb 20, 1911||$12,500||23 West Main Street
43°51′20″N 104°12′11″W / 43.85556°N 104.20306°W
|Completed in 1911|
|13||Rock Springs||Rock Springs||Dec 13, 1907||$12,500||400 C Street
41°35′01″N 109°13′07.5″W / 41.58361°N 109.218750°W
|Completed in 1910, extensively altered|
|14||Sheridan||Sheridan||Mar 18, 1904||$12,500||Completed in 1905, demolished in 1974|
|15||Thermopolis||Thermopolis||Apr 3, 1917||$12,500||328 Arapahoe Street
43°38′50″N 108°12′26″W / 43.64722°N 108.20722°W
|Completed in 1919, now houses government offices|
|16||Wheatland||Wheatland||May 15, 1916||$12,500||904 9th Street
42°03′24″N 104°57′11″W / 42.05667°N 104.95306°W
|Completed in 1917, completely enclosed by a 1965 addition|
- Anderson, Florence (1963). Carnegie Corporation Library Program 1911–1961. New York: Carnegie Corporation. OCLC 1282382.
- Bobinski, George S. (1969). Carnegie Libraries: Their History and Impact on American Public Library Development. Chicago: American Library Association. ISBN 0-8389-0022-4.
- Jones, Theodore (1997). Carnegie Libraries Across America. New York: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0-471-14422-3.
- Jones, Walter R. (2010). A Window to the World: The First 100 Years of the Natrona County Public Library. Casper: Natrona County Public Library. ISBN 978-0-9769584-1-3.
- Miller, Durand R. (1943). Carnegie Grants for Library Buildings, 1890-1917. New York: Carnegie Corporation of New York. OCLC 2603611.
- "Wyoming's Carnegie Libraries" (PDF). Wyoming Library Roundup: 11–14. Winter 2007. ISSN 0043-9738. Retrieved April 29, 2010.
Note: The above references, while all authoritative, are not entirely mutually consistent. Some details of this list may have been drawn from one of the references without support from the others. Reader discretion is advised.