List of Panamanian submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
Panama submitted a film for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film for the first time in 2014. The award is handed out annually by the United States Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to a feature-length motion picture produced outside the United States that contains primarily non-English dialogue. It was not created until the 1956 Academy Awards, in which a competitive Academy Award of Merit, known as the Best Foreign Language Film Award, was created for non-English speaking films, and has been given annually since.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has invited the film industries of various countries to submit their best film for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film since 1956. The Foreign Language Film Award Committee oversees the process and reviews all the submitted films. Following this, they vote via secret ballot to determine the five nominees for the award. Below is a list of the films that have been submitted by Panama for review by the Academy for the award by year and the respective Academy Awards ceremony.
|Film title used in nomination||Original title||Language||Director||Result|
|Invasion||Invasión||Spanish||Benaim, AbnerAbner Benaim||Not Nominated|
|Box 25||Caja 25||Spanish||Mercedes Arias, Delfina Vidal||Not on the Final List|
|Salsipuedes||Salsipuedes||Spanish||Ricardo Aguilar Navarro, Manuel Rodríguez||Not Nominated|
- "For First Time Ever, Panama Joins Oscar Race, with 'Invasion'". Variety. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Rule Thirteen: Special Rules for the Foreign Language Film Award" (PDF). Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 August 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "History of the Academy Awards - Page 2". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 22 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- "Oscars: Panama Selects 'Invasion' for Foreign-Language Category". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Panama Selects ‘Box 25’ as Best Foreign Language Oscar Entry". Variety. 3 September 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "81 Countries In Competition For 2015 Foreign Language Film Oscar". AMPAS. 9 October 2015. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- Salazar, Francisco (19 September 2016). "Oscar 2017 Predictions: Panama Submits 'Salsipuedes' to represent the Country". Latin Post. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
|This Panamanian film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|