List of Chief Ministers of Northern Province
|Chief Minister of Northern Province
வட மாகாண முதலமைச்சர்
|Board of Ministers of the Northern Province|
|Member of||Northern Provincial Council|
|Appointer||G. A. Chandrasiri|
|Precursor||Chief Minister of the North Eastern Province|
|Inaugural holder||C. V. Vigneswaran|
|Formation||1 January 2007|
|Website||Northern Province Chief Minister's Office|
The Chief Minister of Northern Province, Sri Lanka is the head of the provincial board of ministers, a body which aids and advices the governor, the head of the provincial government, in the exercise of his executive power. The governor appoints as chief minister the member of the Northern Provincial Council who, in his opinion, commands the support of a majority of that council. The current chief minister is C. V. Vigneswaran.
|No.||Name||Portrait||Party||Took office||Left office||Refs|
|Vacant [N 1]||1 January 2007||7 October 2013|
|1||C. V. Vigneswaran||Illankai Tamil Arasu Kachchi||7 October 2013|||
- Governed directly by the Central government
- "Sri Lankan Provinces from 1988". WorldStatesmen.org.
- "The Constitution of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka: Chapter XVIIA". Policy Research & Information Unit, Presidential Secretariat, Sri Lanka.
- "PART IV (A) — PROVINCIAL COUNCILS Appointments & C., by the Governors NORTHERN PROVINCE PROVINCIAL COUNCIL Appointment made by the Governor of the Northern Province" (PDF). The Gazette of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka Extraordinary. 1831/01. 7 October 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 November 2013.
- "Wigneswaran takes oath as Northern Province CM". The Hindu/Indo-Asian News Service. 9 October 2013.
- "Wigneswaran sworn-in as NPC CM". The Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 7 October 2013.
- "Sri Lanka poll: Tamil minister Wigneswaran says 'peace possible'". BBC News. 7 October 2013.
- "Sri Lankan Provinces from 1988". WorldStatesmen.org. Retrieved 30 March 2016.