List of Chinese-language radio stations
- 1 Chinese countries
- 1.1 Mainland China
- 1.1.1 China Radio International (CRI)
- 1.1.2 Beijing Radio Stations
- 1.1.3 Guangdong Radio Stations
- 1.1.4 Harbin Radio Stations
- 1.1.5 Lanzhou Radio Stations
- 1.1.6 Nanjing Radio Stations
- 1.1.7 Shanghai Radio Stations
- 1.1.8 Shenzhen Radio Stations
- 1.1.9 Tianjin Radio Stations
- 1.1.10 Urumqi Radio Stations
- 1.1.11 Xi'an Radio Stations
- 1.2 Hong Kong
- 1.3 Macau
- 1.4 Taiwan
- 1.1 Mainland China
- 2 Asia
- 3 Oceania
- 4 Europe
- 5 Americas
- 6 Africa
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
China Radio International (CRI)
China Radio International is a government controlled media outlet that broadcasts primarily news in various languages such as Mandarin Chinese, English, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese, and many other languages.
On the English channel, the typical programs include China Drive, Frontline, Voices from Other Lands, and many other programs. The weather is typically announced only for Beijing and Shanghai in China and New York City, Washington, D.C., Seattle, London, Sydney, Toronto, Cairo, and Nairobi.
On the Chinese channel, the typical programs include Tang Ren Jie and others. The weather is typically announced for cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Guilin, Ürümqi, Xi'an, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taipei. International cities weather is usually announced for New York City, Washington, Seattle, Sydney, Bangkok, London, Paris, Madrid, Cairo, Nairobi, and others.
In Beijing, China Radio International can be heard at 88.7 MHz FM and 91.5 MHz FM and some other frequencies.
Most Beijing radio stations are controlled by the Beijing Broadcasting Network, owner of the bjradio.com.cn website. For most of the stations listed, only internet streaming was available, although some of the stations can be received through radio frequencies such as 97.4 MHz FM, which was the music channel. Other Beijing radio stations include China Radio International's Easy FM on 88.7 MHz FM and 91.5 MHz FM.
|Xinwen - Internet Streaming||News|
|Gudian - Internet Streaming||Classical Music|
|Jingji - Internet Streaming||City Management|
|Tongsu - Internet Streaming||Popular Music|
|Jiaotong - Internet Streaming||Traffic|
|Jiaoxue - Internet Streaming||School Radio|
|Wenyi - Internet Streaming||Chinese Literature Broadcast|
|Wuexueyingshi - Internet Streaming||Chinese Movie Broadcast|
|Tiyu - Internet Streaming||Sports Broadcast|
|Xiquzongyi - Internet Streaming||Drama Broadcast|
|Yinyue - Internet Streaming/97.4 MHz FM||Music|
|Yazhouliuxing - Internet Streaming||Asian Broadcast|
|Shenghuo - Internet Streaming||Beijing City Life Broadcast|
|Qingyinyue - Internet Streaming||Light Music Broadcast|
|Waiyu - Internet Streaming||Foreign Broadcast|
|DAB - Internet Streaming||DAB Broadcast|
|Qingmeng - Internet Streaming||Blue Network Broadcast|
Guangdong Radio Stations
Guangdong is home to Radio Guangdong and many other radio stations. The following list (incomplete) contains a sampling of what you'll find on the dial when in Guangdong. Live streaming is available if you go to their official website.
|99.3/93.9 MHz FM||Music FM|
|103.6 MHz FM||Radio Guangdong Voice of the City|
|91.4/91.8 MHz FM||Guangdong Radio|
Harbin Radio Stations
Harbin Economy Radio controls two of the radio stations in Harbin. All of the radio stations only broadcast in Mandarin Chinese, although there are some in the area that also broadcast in the Russian language based on the high Russian population of Harbin. As of 2006, live streaming is not yet available.
|972 kHz AM||Local Harbin News|
|92.5 MHz FM||Financial and Business News|
Lanzhou Radio Stations
|954 kHz AM||News|
|97.3 MHz FM||News|
|99.5 MHz FM||Music|
|100.8 MHz FM||Live (Talk)|
Nanjing Radio Stations
Nanjing's radio stations are primarily controlled by the Nanjing Television Broadcast Group. The channels contain a variety of programming including local news, business, sports, a kids channel, traffic, and music. Live streaming is available if you go to their official website.
|Comprehensive News Channel (O1)|
|Education Channel (O5)|
|Film/Television Channel (O2)|
|Literature Channel (O3)|
|Lifestyle Channel (O4)|
|Kids Channel (O7)|
|Nanjing News (Xinwen) Channel (NJXWT)|
|Nanjing Economy Channel (NJJJT1)|
|Nanjing Sports Channel (NJJJT2)|
|Nanjing Music (Yin Yue) Channel (NJYYT)|
|Nanjing Traffic (Jiao Tong) Channel (NJJTT)|
Shanghai Radio Stations
The Shanghai Media Group, part of the Shanghai Media & Entertainment Group conglomerate controls a fair number of radio stations in Shanghai. The radio stations broadcast local news, traffic, music (popular, classical, and light), and a variety of other programs. Live streaming is available if you go to their official website.
|990 kHz AM||News|
|648 kHz AM||Traffic|
|1296 kHz AM||Eastern China Regional News|
|792 kHz AM||Shanghai Local News|
|101.7 MHz FM||Popular Music|
|103.7 MHz FM||Love Music|
|94.7 MHz FM||Classical Music|
|97.7 MHz FM||Economic/Business News|
|96.8 MHz FM||Comedy Channel|
|1197 kHz AM||Marine Channel|
|94.0 MHz FM||Sports News|
|89.8 MHz FM||News|
|97.1 MHz FM||Music|
|106.2 MHz FM||Traffic|
|94.2 MHz FM||For Private Car|
Tianjin Radio Stations
Tianjin's radio stations are controlled by the Tianjin People's Broadcasting Station with a variety of programs including news, traffic, music and others. Live streaming is available if you go to their official website.
|97.2 MHz FM||News|
|909 kHz AM||News|
|106.8 MHz FM||Traffic|
|567 kHz AM||Traffic|
|104.6 MHz FM||Literature|
|101.4 MHz FM||Economical News|
|1071 kHz AM||Music|
|99.0 MHz FM||Music|
|1008 kHz AM||Music|
|91.1 MHz FM||Life Radio|
|1386 kHz AM||Life Radio|
|92.0 MHz FM||Binhai Radio|
|747 kHz AM||Binhai Radio|
|87.8 MHz FM||Entertainment|
|666 kHz AM||Novel Radio|
Urumqi Radio Stations
Ürümqi's radio stations are controlled by the Urumqi People Broadcasting Station group. There is a limited amount of programs available, however, one station broadcasts in Uyghur, while the rest broadcast in Mandarin. Live streaming is available if you go to their official website.
|792 kHz AM||Ürümqi News|
|927 kHz AM||Health News|
|1071 kHz AM||News in Uyghur|
|97.4 MHz FM||Music|
|100.7 MHz FM||Literature|
|106.5 MHz FM||Travelling and Entertainment News|
Xi'an Radio Stations
Xi'an's radio stations are controlled by the Shaanxi Radio group. Programs include news, music, and fashion on at least seven radio stations. Live streaming is available on the official website of the Shaanxi Radio Group.
- D100 Radio broadcasts via internet at http://www.d100.net and telephone line Tel. +852 1831 100.
- Commercial Radio Hong Kong broadcasts at 88.1 FM (talk), 90.3 FM (Cantonese pop, youth), and 864 AM (English).
- Metro Broadcast Corporation Limited consists of 3 radio channels: Metro Finance (FM104), Metro Showbiz (FM99.7) and Metro Plus (AM 1044).
- Digital Broadcasting Corporation has 7 channels broadcasting on DAB+ and on Now TV in Hong Kong: DBC 1 Digital Loud, DBC 2 Digital Family, DBC 3 Digital Money, DBC 4 Digital Wave, DBC 5 Digital We, DBC 6 Digital Melody and DBC 7 Digital Opera.
- Phoenix Television currently has one channel broadcasting on DAB+: URadio, with two more stations proposed.
- Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK):
|RTHK Radio 1||FM||92.6 MHz
|Cantonese||news, information, phone-in programmes, and general programming|
|RTHK Radio 2||FM||94.8 MHz
|Cantonese||programmes aimed at youth, entertainment and popular music, promotion of community projects, HKEAA's HKALE Chinese language and culture and use of English and HKCEE English listening examinations broadcast through this channel during the examination period of April and May|
|RTHK Radio 3||AM||567 kHz
|English||news, popular music, information, and general programming, similar in genre to BBC Radio 5 Live|
|RTHK Radio 4||FM||97.6 MHz
|English (mainly), Cantonese (some)||classical music and fine arts|
|RTHK Radio 5||AM||783 kHz||Cantonese (mainly), Mandarin (some)||programming aimed at the elderly, also culture and education|
|RTHK Radio 6||AM||675 kHz||English||BBC World Service relay|
|RTHK Putonghua||AM||621 kHz||Putonghua (mainly, some Cantonese)||general programming, news and finance|
- Rádio Macau broadcasts in Cantonese on FM 100.7 MHz (and in Portuguese on FM 98.0 MHz). The Cantonese stream is available online on their website www.tdm.com.mo.
- Radio Vilaverde Lda broadcasts in Cantonese at AM 738 kHz. Live streaming is available online on their website www.am738.com.
- BCC is the largest radio network company in Taiwan.
- Radio Taiwan International broadcasts news about Taiwan in Mandarin, Cantonese, English, Spanish, French, and many other languages.
- KISS Radio plays mostly Chinese popular music and English top 40. Live streaming is available from the official website.
- Hit Fm in Taiwan also plays Chinese popular music and live streaming is available from the official website.
- ICRT is Taiwan's only national English-language station.
Wikipedia's Taiwan Radio Station Table (in Chinese)
All channels shown below provides online streaming
- Chakrawala MS (Mandarin Station) FM - https://web.archive.org/web/20150803090514/http://radiocakrawala.fm/zh/
- Sunday Mandarin PAS FM - http://www.pasfm.com/index.html
- Suara Indah 美声 92.1FM (Phone: 022-6033 562, WA: 0815 7066 008)
- A-Radio Medan, 103.8 MHz FM http://aradiomedan.com
- Mix FM, 90.8 MHz FM http://mixfm-medan.com/news.php
- City Radio 域市之音, 95.9 MHz FM - http://www.cityradio959fm.co.id
- Era Baru FM, - http://www.erabarufm.com/
- Global Mandarin@Global FM - http://www.globalfm.co.id/
- Strato Hua Yu Guangbo Dian Tai - http://www.stratofm.com/
- PAS FM (Sunday Mandarin) 106.00
- El John Radio, 95.9 MHz FM - http://eljohnpalembangid.radio.net/
- Sonora, 92.6 MHz FM - http://www.sonorapalembangfm.com/
- Palupi 华语广播电台 FM, 103.5;MHz FM - http://www.palupibangka.com
- El John Radio, 88.5 MHz FM -http://www.eljohn885fm.com/
- Primadona FM, 99.1 MHz FM
All channels shown below provides online streaming
- 988 FM, www.988.com.my
- Ai FM, aifm.rtm.gov.my
- City Plus FM, cityplusfm.my
- goXuan, goxuan.my
- Melody, melody.my
- My, my.com.my
- One FM, www.onefm.com.my
- TEA FM, www.teafm.com.my
All channels shown below provides online streaming
- 883 JIA FM, www.883jia.com.sg
- Y.E.S. 93.3FM, www.yes933.sg
- Capital 95.8FM, www.capital958.sg
- 96.3 Hao FM, www.fm963.sg
- Love 97.2FM, www.love972.sg
- UFM 100.3, www.ufm1003.sg
- SBS Radio broadcasts two hour-long daily programmes for the Chinese audience in Australia: one programme in Mandarin and one programme in Cantonese.
- Spectrum Radio|  The Only Daily Chinese Radio in the United Kingdom since 1990. Broadcasting from London on DAB Spectrum Radio and online – Daily Cantonese broadcast 18:00–19:00, and daily Mandarin broadcast 19:00–20:00
- British Broadcasting Corporation 
- BBC GMR Eastern Horizon  The UK's first local Chinese radio service since 1983 – Was broadcast every Sunday 19.00–21.00.
- BBC Merseyside Orient Express  Mondays 21.00–22.00
- London Chinese Radio  is an online community radio station in London run by volunteers, and is a registered charity. Most programmes are in Mandarin, and past programmes are available for download.
There is all but one station with full-time Chinese radio programming. Most are multicultural stations with Chinese programming at a select time slot during the broadcasting day. (This table have yet to included any campus radio stations or any music stations that contain Chinese content)
|AM 1320 Vancouver||AM||1320 kHz||Cantonese and Mandarin||news, information, phone-in programmes, and general programming||multicultural broadcasting since 1973 and owned by Mainstream Broadcasting Corporation|
AM 1470 Vancouver
|AM||1470 kHz||Cantonese and Mandarin||news/traffic, music, information, phone-in programmes, and general programming||multicultural station owned by Fairchild Group|
FM 96.1 Vancouver
|FM||96.1 MHz||Mandarin and Cantonese||news/traffic, music, information, phone-in programmes, and general programming||multicultural station owned by Fairchild Group|
FM 94.7 Calgary
|FM||94.7 MHz||Cantonese and Mandarin||news/traffic, music, information, phone-in programmes, and general programming||multicultural station owned by Fairchild Group|
|101.7 World FM Edmonton||FM||101.7 MHz||Mandarin and Cantonese||news, music, information, and general programming||multicultural station owned by Rogers Media|
AM 1430 Toronto
|AM||1430 kHz||Cantonese and Mandarin||news/traffic, music, information, phone-in programmes, and general programming||multicultural station owned by Fairchild Group|
|A1 Chinese Radio
AM 1540 Toronto
|AM||1540 kHz||Cantonese and Mandarin||news, information, phone-in programmes, and general programming||multicultural station owned by CHIN Radio/TV International; Chinese broadcasting team jointly owned by Sing Tao Daily (Toronto) and Fairchild Radio|
FM 88.9 Toronto
|FM||88.9 MHz||Cantonese and Mandarin||news/traffic, music, information, phone-in programmes, and general programming||All Chinese Programs on this station is produced by Fairchild Radio|
|Canadian Chinese Radio
North York, Ontario
|FM||102.7 MHz||Cantonese and Mandarin||news/traffic, music, information, phone-in programmes, and general programming||private broadcaster since 1988, Also available over the air 24/7 via SCMO on FM 99.9.|
|FM (SCMO)||subcarried on|
|FM 105.9 Markham||FM||105.9 MHz||Mandarin and Cantonese||news/traffic, music, information, phone-in programmes, and general programming|
|AM 1280 Montreal||AM||1280 kHz||Mandarin||news, information, general programming||Canada's First Multicultural Broadcast|
- 华府华语网络广播台 大华府地区首家华语网络广播台，全天提供资讯，商情，娱乐节目。
- OpenSkyRadio 三藩市灣區網上電台
- Chinese Radio Seattle. (M-F 9:00pm–12:00am AM1150 KKNW/HDFM 98.9 Ch3/Online/Tunein) Studio in Bellevue, WA.
- Chinamerica Hit Radio Mando-Canto Pop Music 27/7 Hosted in English. Online at: www.chinamericahitradio.com Studio in New York. Heard globally online.
- China Radio International can be heard in the following cities:
- Chinese American Voice, heard over a SCA subcarrier of WACD-FM in the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut tri-state area
- Chinese Radio New York, heard in Philadelphia on WNWR , AM 1540 kHz, between 6 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
- Chinese American Voice, heard in New York City 24 hours on the 92 kHz subcarrier of WQCD-FM 101.9 MHz.
- Chinese Radio Network  on WGBB (AM 1240 kHz and the 67 kHz subcarrier of WCBS-FM 101.1 MHz, Flushing, New York) broadcasts in Mandarin.
- Chung Wah Chinese Broadcasting Company  heard in New York City 24 hours on the 92 kHz subcarrier of WSKQ-FM 97.9 MHz.
- Hong Kong Vintage Pop Radio  is an internet based station, established in 2002, that broadcasts from New York playing Cantonese pop music.
- Multicultural Radio Broadcasting Inc.'s Chinese Media Group broadcasts Chinese programming in the following cities:
- KAHZ, Los Angeles is a Mandarin-dialect station.
- KAZN, Los Angeles is a Mandarin-dialect station.
- KTWR, Guam  is a shortwave radio station that broadcasts in Mandarin and other languages to the Asia-Pacific region.
- KMRB, Los Angeles is a Cantonese-dialect station.
- Sinocast Radio, national Chinese network, heard in New York City on the 67 kHz subcarrier of WXRK-FM 92.3 MHz.
- WKDM, New York/New Jersey/Connecticut tri-state area is a Mandarin-dialect station on AM 1380 kHz.
- WZRC, New York/New Jersey/Connecticut tri-state area is a Cantonese-dialect station on AM 1480 kHz.
- Radio Taiwan International is broadcast on WYFR from Okeechobee, Florida on shortwave 5950 kHz in the United States sometime after 5 p.m./6 p.m. until early morning. This broadcast can be received virtually through the entire United States using a short wave radio.
- All Chinese Hits is a Silicon Valley-based Internet radio station broadcasting Chinese pop and rock songs.
- KVTO (Sing Tao) on 1400AM in San Francisco.
- Voice of America Cantonese Broadcasting 美國之音粵語網
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-07-04. Retrieved 2007-07-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "德国之声英文节目 | DW". Dw-world.de. Retrieved 2018-08-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-12-18. Retrieved 2008-12-22.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-09-15. Retrieved 2007-07-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-07-04. Retrieved 2007-07-09.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-05-23. Retrieved 2007-07-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "BBC Manchester - Chinatown - BBC GMR - Eastern Horizon". Bbc.co.uk. 1983-12-15. Retrieved 2018-08-14.
- 01:00 (2018-01-31). "BBC Radio Merseyside - Orient Express". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-08-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-08-24. Retrieved 2013-10-29.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2007-11-02.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Min Zhou (2009). Contemporary Chinese America: immigration, ethnicity, and community transformation. Temple University Press. p. 136. ISBN 1-59213-858-6.
- "About Us @ HKVP Radio". 7 May 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-05-07.