List of Coronation Street characters (1983)
This television-related list is incomplete; you can help by .
This is a list of Coronation Street characters in 1983.
|Coronation Street character|
|Portrayed by||Neil Ratcliffe|
|First appearance||17 December 1973|
|Last appearance||29 June 1973|
|Introduced by||H. V. Kershaw|
Damian was born in 1973, during which time Stan and Hilda were estranged from their son and did not know he was married. Polly and Trevor lived in a detached house in Chesterfield, far removed from the working class community Trevor ran away from when he was fifteen. Stan and Hilda re-entered his life at Christmas 1983 when they tracked him down, and they were thrilled to learn that they were grandparents again (their first grandchild, Darren Barlow, was killed in a road accident in 1970), although subsequently Stan and Hilda were only contacted when the younger Ogdens wanted something, such as in December 1985 when Hilda was called on to look after Trevor and Damian while a heavily pregnant Polly was in hospital with toxaemia. A month later, Damian's younger sister Jayne was born.
In June 1983, Trevor brought Damian to Weatherfield to stay overnight with Stan and Hilda while he went to Chester for a job interview. The Ogdens were pleased to have Damian for the night although Stan suspected Trevor had a hidden agenda as they'd recently claimed an inheritance from Hilda's brother, Archie Crabtree (John Stratton). Hilda hoped Stan was wrong but Trevor did indeed ask for a loan the next day, which Hilda turned down.
In October 1986, Hilda was drafted in again when Trevor and Polly went on holiday for two weeks without the kids.
Percy Sugden played by Bill Waddington. He appeared between 1983 and 1997. The character was introduced to Coronation Street as a potential caretaker of the Community Centre. Percy's niece, Elaine Prior, stayed with him until she married Bill Webster (Peter Armitage). Percy was also a school traffic warden, and Phyllis Pearce (Jill Summers) came to respect him greatly after he was injured trying to protect her.
Kevin John Webster is a fictional character in the UK television ITV soap opera, Coronation Street. Portrayed by actor Michael Le Vell, the character first appeared onscreen during the episode airing on 19 October 1983. Le Vell was suspended from the soap in 2013 due to allegations of sexual offences, with scenes he had already filmed cut from broadcast. Le Vell was found not guilty of all charges in September 2013, and briefly returned in early 2014, before taking another 3-month break from the show and returning once again.
- Webmaster (22 May 2007). "Coronation Street: Cast & Characters: Kevin Webster". ITV. Archived from the original on 11 October 2007. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "'Coronation Street's Michael Le Vell charged with child sex offences". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "'Coronation Street' Michael Le Vell: 'I will fight charges vigorously'". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "'Coronation Street': Michael Le Vell scenes dropped after charges". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Coronation Street actor Michael Le Vell found not guilty on all charges". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Coronation Street: Michael Le Vell to return as Kevin Webster in early 2014 | Radio Times". radiotimes.com. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "'Coronation Street': Michael Le Vell to return in spring, says producer". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
|This article relating to a television programme from the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|