List of Dames Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Below is a List of Dames Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire from the Order's creation in 1917 until the present day:
- 1917: HM Queen Mary, The Begum of Bhopal, Katharine Furse, Louise Paget, Flora Reid, Annie Lawley
- 1918: The Baroness Ampthill, Edith Benyon, Sidney Jane Browne, The Viscountess Chelmsford, Aimée Dawson, Margaret Lloyd George, The Viscountess Harcourt, The Countess of Liverpool, The Duchess of Montrose, The Viscountess Northcliff, The Viscountess Novar, Agnes Weston, The Marchioness of Winchester
- 1919: HRH The Princess Beatrice of the United Kingdom, The Duchess of Bedford, Ethel Becher, The Countess of Buxton, HH Princess Marie Louise, Maud McCarthy, Sarah Swift, The Marchioness of Waterford
- 1920: The Countess of Airlie, The Marchioness of Reading
- 1922: The Marchioness Curzon of Kedleston, Mary Hughes
- 1924: The Baroness Willingdon
- 1925: Ivy Chamberlain, Ellen Terry
- 1926: The Baroness Forster, Christina Massey
- 1927: HRH The Princess Mary The Viscountess Lascelles, Nellie Melba
- 1929: Helen Gwynne-Vaughan, Edith Balfour Lyttelton
- 1931: The Marchioness of Aberdeen and Temair
- 1932: The Baroness Baden-Powell, The Viscountess Cowdray
- 1937: HRH The Countess of Athlone, The Countess Baldwin of Bewdley, HRH The Duchess of Gloucester, HRH The Duchess of Kent, Enid Lyons
- 1938: The Marchioness of Carisbrooke
- 1944: The Dowager Marchioness of Reading
- 1946: Isobel Cripps, The Baroness Spencer-Churchill
- 1947: The Countess Mountbatten of Burma
- 1948: Beryl Oliver
- 1951: The Baroness Denman
- 1953: The Baroness Freyberg
- 1954: The Countess Alexander of Tunis, The Countess of Limerick, Pattie Menzies
- 1957: Dehra Parker
- List of Dames Commander of the Order of the British Empire
- List of Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 1921.
- The London Gazette: . 3 June 1924.
- The London Gazette: . 8 June 1944.
- The London Gazette: . 1 January 1951.
- The London Gazette: . 1 January 1954.
- The London Gazette: . 10 June 1961.
- Obituary, telegraph.co.uk; accessed 10 May 2016.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2004.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2011.