List of Danelectro players
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an alphabetized list of musicians who have made significant use of Danelectro, Silvertone or Coral guitars, basses, sitars and effects in live performances or studio recordings.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Ibrahim "Abaraybone" Alhabib plays a Danelectro.
- Niklas Almqvist plays a Danelectro U2 on "Hate To Say I Told You So"
- Dave Alvin uses Danelectro pedals and effects
- Richard Barone played a Danelectro on his Clouds Over Eden album, specifically "Nobody Knows Me" and "Paper Airplane"
- Syd Barrett used a single-coil Danelectro 59 DC on the first two Pink Floyd albums.
- Beck plays a vintage Silvertone guitar and often a Dano Pro
- Jeff Beck played a baritone guitar on his 2003 release Jeff.
- Billy Bragg
- Jack Bruce used a Danelectro bass
- Peter Buck guitarist and co-founder of R.E.M. uses Danelectro 12-strings.
- R. L. Burnside
- J. J. Cale
- Glen Campbell
- Mike Campbell uses Danelectro guitars, pedals and effects
- Eric Clapton used a Danelectro 59-DC
- Nels Cline uses Silvertone and Danelectro guitars on his album Instrumentals
- Bruce Cockburn
- Ry Cooder plays slide guitar on Silvertone guitars.
- Elvis Costello appeared in ads for Danelectro when the brand was relaunched in the late 1990s and plays Danelectro and Silvertone guitars on his album When I Was Cruel.
- Steve Earle
- Dave Edmunds
- John Entwistle used a Longhorn bass in the 1960s, most notably for the bass solo in "My Generation"
- Melissa Etheridge
- Mark Oliver Everett from Eels plays a variety of different coloured Danelectro Pro 56 and a black Danelectro Baritone.
- Fat Mike plays a Danelectro DC bass.
- John Flansburgh has a Longhorn guitar he is famous for.
- John Fogerty
- Matthew Followill plays a Danelectro u2 on "Genius"
- John Frusciante
- Tomethy Furse
- Rory Gallagher played a Silvertone amongst many other guitars.
- Jerry Garcia got a Danelectro as his first guitar.
- Rinus Gerritsen
- Tom Guerra
- John Haley
- Rene Hall Used a Dan-0 6-string bass on many tunes including Ritchie Valens' "La Bamba"
- Kirk Hammett
- George Harrison
- Richard Hawley
- Alvin Youngblood Hart
- Richard Hell
- Jimi Hendrix
- Greg Hill
- Josh Homme
- Earl Hooker
- John Lee Hooker
- Lightnin' Hopkins
- Steve Howe
- J. B. Hutto
- Ira Kaplan
- King Buzzo uses a Danelectro in the studio.
- Kira used a Danelectro guitar in concerts from about 2004-2007.
- Mark Knopfler
- Jeff Lang
- Alvin Lee
- Alex Lifeson
- David Lindley uses a Silvertone in concert
- Arto Lindsay
- Gary Louris
- Ian MacKaye
- Bo Madsen
- Steve Marriott
- Chan Marshall
- Jeff Martin
- Dave Matthews
- Mike McCready
- James McNew
- Tyson Meade
- Stephin Merritt
- Jason Molina
- Thurston Moore
- Graham Nash plays a Danelectro Longhorn on "Just One Look" with The Hollies on Shindig! in 1965
- Dave Navarro
- A.C. Newman
- Colin Newman
- Juice Newton
- Jimmy Page used a modified 59 DC Danelectro in studio when he was a session guitarist, and for live performances of “Kashmir”, “White Summer, Black Mountain Side” and “In My Time of Dying” with Led Zeppelin.
- Brad Paisley
- Rick Parfitt
- Joe Perry
- Tom Petersson
- Tom Petty on the Wildflowers album
- Cat Power
- Elvis Presley
- Richie Sambora frequently uses Danelectro guitars and effects in concert and in the studio.
- Robert Schneider uses a Danelectro in concert
- Pat Smear
- Fred Smith who began performing with New York punk act Television in 1975.
- Joey Spampinato NRBQ Single cut, dbl cut, and Longhorn basses throughout his career
- Alan Sparhawk
- Bruce Springsteen
- Billy Squier has been seen using a 59 dc during his concerts
- Ken Stringfellow
- Garry Tallent
- Jagori Tanna (I Mother Earth)
- Porl Thompson (The Cure) used 2 Danelectro guitars during The Cure 2005 Tour
- Richard Thomspon used a Danelectro U2 on several recordings
- Pete Townshend
- Corin Tucker uses a Danelectro Baritone in the studio and a DC-3 early in her career
- Ike Turner
- Jeff Tweedy
- Tom Waits
- Miroslav Wanek plays a Danelectro on several albums
- Brian Wilson
- Amy Winehouse is seen playing a Danelectro in her documentary AMY.
- Ron Wood
- Link Wray used a Danelectro Longhorn during his heyday
- Anonymous, Rodney. "Philadelphia City Paper review". Citypaper.net. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "Hate to Say I Told You So". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "Dave Alvin Q&A". Davealvin.com. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "'68 Flashback: How Pink Floyd Found Their Future and Lost Psychedelic Genius Syd Barrett in A Saucerful of Secrets". Gibson.com. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- Beck on CelebrityWonder.com
- "Famous cheap guitarists". Cheap Guitarists. 28 July 2011. Archived from the original on January 18, 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
|last1=in Authors list (help); External link in
- Cleveland, Barry. "Jeff Beck Plays it Again With Feeling". Musicplayer.com. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- iNet Technologies, www.inetzone.com (2003-08-27). "Vintage Guitar magazine interview with Jack Bruce". Vguitar.com. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "Mike answers questions from fans". Wildbluegator.com. 1999-11-18. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- Alyce Chiles. "Danelectro at Vintage Guitar Pro". Vintageguitarpro.com. Archived from the original on 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "Nels Cline Tech Talk". Nelscline.com. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "Fean and Travers". Fean and Travers. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "The Elvis Costello Home Page". Elviscostello.info. 2002-05-03. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "John Entwistle gear 1960-1966". Thewho.net. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- John Ganjamie. "Rory Gallagher interview". Roryon.com. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "Jerry Garcia at SF Mission.com". Sfmission.com. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "The Melvin's King Buzzo". Gibson.com. Archived from the original on 2010-07-04. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- Kira's website Archived 2008-10-13 at the Wayback Machine. (particularly her blog entry of February 8, 2010). Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- David Lindley and El Rayo-X at The Filmore review Archived June 24, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "THE HOLLIES on Shindig! (1965)". YouTube. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- Parker, Matthew (May 10, 2011). "Guitars of the Hard Rock Café vault / Tom Petty's Danelectro 56". musicradar.com. Retrieved 2011-08-15.
- "Danelectro Free Speech Talk Box". Hartnollguitars.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- "Beesweb, the official site of Richard Thompson". Richardthompson-music.com. 2010-01-17. Archived from the original on 2010-08-04. Retrieved 2010-06-30.
- Raw Power at Guitar Player
- Seth A. on February 17, 2005 2:57 PM (2005-02-17). "Link Wray - B12 Solopsism". B12partners.net. Retrieved 2010-06-30.