List of Deans of Grahamstown
This is a list of Deans of Grahamstown, the dean is the incumbent of Grahamstown Cathedral, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa. In addition the dean has other duties and roles set out in the "Deed of Constitution and Statutes of the Chapter of the Cathedral of St Michael and St George, Grahamstown" which is an appendix to the acts of the Diocese of Grahamstown The 20th and current dean is Andrew John Hunter, who was appointed in 2008.
List of deans
Notes and references
- "Umbuliso". Newsletter of the Diocese of Grahamstown. 31 (2). 2008.
- Gould, Charles (1924). Grahamstown Cathedral: A Guide and Short History. Grahamstown Diocesan Registry.
- Gould, Charles; Eve, Jeanette (2011). Grahamstown Cathedral: A Guide and Short History. Eastern Cape Reprints.
- Venn, John (1897). Biolgraphical History of Gonville and Caius College 1349-1897. Cambridge: University Press.
- Merriman, Nathaniel James; Cooper, Charles James; Williams, Frederick Henry (1885). The South African Church Question. The Grahamstown Judgment. Decision ... in the Appeal of "Merriman V. Williams". Edited, with an Introduction, by Charles James Cooper ... New Edition. The Introduction in Great Part Re-written. Geo. Barber.
- Mumm, Susan (2001). All Saints Sisters of the Poor: An Anglican Sisterhood in the Nineteenth Century. Boydell & Brewer. p. 63. ISBN 978-0-85115-728-3.
- Thomson, Theodore Radford (1955). Epsom College Register, 1855-1954. Edited by T.R. Thomson. [With Plates and a Plan.]. Oxford.
- Lewis, C.A. (2008). "Oxbridge clerics and early ringing in South Africa.". The Ringing World (5087): 1101–1105.
- Meer, Shamim (1998). Women Speak: Reflections on Our Struggles, 1982-1997. Oxfam. p. 107. ISBN 978-0-85598-416-8.