List of Digambar Jain ascetics
This is a list of the ascetics belonging to the Digambara sect of Jainism. These ascetics are known for their contributions to Jain philosophy and Jainism in general. According to Digambar jain history there are about three less than ten million jain ascetics till this date that have achieved Moksha.
Before the Common Era
- Indrabhuti Gautama
- Bhadrabahu, c. 4th century BCE. Last acharya of undivided Jain sangha.
- Kundakunda- 1st century BCE
Common Era - Acharya
- Acharya Samantabhadra
- Akalanka, c. 8th century CE., known for his works on Jain logic.
- Aryanandi, 20th century
- Pushpadanta (Jain monk)
- Aparajita (Jain monk)
- Ganeshprasad Varni, 1874–1961 CE. Founder of many Jain Institutions.
- Ilango Adigal
- Jambu Swami
- Jinasena, Digambara, preceptor of the Rashtrakuta rulers, 800–880 CE.
- Jinendra Varni
- Acharya Gyansagar
- Manatunga composer of Bhaktamara Stotra
- Shantisagar, Digambara, 1872–1955
- Siddhasena Divakara, 5th century CE
- Acharya Vidyananda
- Aryika Shri Gyanmati Mataji
- Acharya Vidyasagar, Born 1946
- Virasena, 790–825 CE
- Acharya Vardhmansagar, Born 1950