List of ESPN/ABC golf commentators
The following is a list of commentators who worked for ABC's Wide World of Sports golf coverage from 1966-1989 and 1990-1996 and the ESPN/ABC combined effort for coverage of both the PGA Tour (1997-2006) and the major championships (1997-present).
ABC's Wide World of Sports (1966-1989)
ABC covered the final three majors beginning in 1966-1989. ABC also covered various PGA Tour events during this period, most famously The Memorial.
- Play-by-Play: Bill Flemming, Frank Gifford, Keith Jackson, Jim McKay, Bud Palmer, Chris Schenkel, Jack Whitaker
- Analysts: Peter Alliss, Henry Longhurst, Dave Marr, Byron Nelson, Jack Nicklaus, Rhonda Glenn
- Course reporters: Bob Rosburg, Judy Rankin, John Schroeder, Ed Sneed, Jerry Pate
- Interviews/Essays: Al Trautwig
Beginning at the 1986 US Open at Shinnecock Hills, ESPN NFL and MLB personality Chris Berman, began hosting late afternoon coverage of the first two days of the US Open. This coverage later became known informally as "Happy Hour".
ABC's Wide World of Sports (1990-1996)
- Play-by-Play: Jim McKay, Roger Twibell, Brent Musburger
- Analysts: Dave Marr, Jack Nicklaus, Steve Melnyk, Peter Alliss, Rhonda Glenn
- Course Reporters: Bob Rosburg, Judy Rankin, Mark Rolfing, Jerry Pate, Ed Sneed
- Interviews/Essays: Jack Whitaker
Chris Berman continued his "Happy Hour" coverage over the late afternoon of the first two days of the U.S. Open.
ESPN/ABC PGA Tour coverage (1997-2006)
ESPN and ABC teamed to produce PGA Tour coverage beginning in 1997 with new hosts Mike Tirico and Curtis Strange. ESPN and ABC ceased broadcasting regular PGA Tour events after 2006.
- Hosts: Mike Tirico, Roger Twibell, Karl Ravech, Terry Gannon
- Lead Analyst(s): Curtis Strange, Nick Faldo, Paul Azinger
- Towers: Ian Baker-Finch, Steve Melnyk, Peter Alliss, Brandel Chamblee
- On-Course: Bob Rosburg, Billy Ray Brown, Judy Rankin, Andy North, Bill Kratzert, Charlie Rymer, Jim Gray, Mark McCumber, Gary Smith
Chris Berman continued his "Happy Hour" coverage of the US Open in the late afternoons on the first two days.
ESPN/ABC Major Championship Coverage (2007-2015)
- Booth: Mike Tirico, Paul Azinger
- Towers: Curtis Strange, Sean McDonough, Scott Van Pelt, Terry Gannon
- On-Course: Andy North, Bill Kratzert, Judy Rankin, Olin Browne, Dottie Pepper, Jane Crafter
- Interviews/Essays: Tom Rinaldi, Rick Reilly, Gene Wojciechowski
- Special guests at the Open Championship: Peter Alliss, Tom Weiskopf, Tom Watson, David Duval
Chris Berman continued his "Happy Hour" segment during the late afternoon at the US Open.