List of Eastern League champions
The Eastern League of Minor League Baseball is one of three Double-A baseball leagues in the United States. A league champion is determined at the end of each season. Champions have been determined by postseason playoffs, winning the regular season pennant, or being declared champion by the league office. As of 2019, the league operates under a split season format in which the first place teams from each division in both the first and second halves of the season qualify for the playoffs. In the event that the same team wins both halves, the team with the best win–loss record over the full season qualifies. The first and second half winners then compete in a best-of-five series to determine division champions. The division winners then play each other in a best-of-five series to determine a league champion.
- Score and finalist information is only presented when postseason play occurred. The lack of this information indicates a declared league champion.
Championship wins by team
Active Eastern League teams appear in bold.
- a Williamsport and York finished the season with identical win–loss records. York defeated Williamsport, 3–1, in a championship series to determine the champion.
- b Springfield and Williamsport were declared co-champions after inclement weather forced the cancellation of the playoffs.
- c York was declared champion after inclement weather forced the cancellation of the playoffs.
- d New Britain and Reading were declared co-champions after the playoffs were cancelled in the wake the September 11 terrorist attacks.
- "Past Champions". Eastern League. Minor League Baseball. Retrieved August 10, 2017.