List of Egyptian Americans
This is a list of notable Egyptian Americans, including both original immigrants who obtained American citizenship and their American descendants.
|Lists of Americans|
|By U.S. state|
|By ethnicity or nationality|
To be included in this list, the person must have a Wikipedia article showing they are Egyptian American or must have references showing they are Egyptian American and are notable.
- Abbas El Gamal (1950 – present), Information theorist, and entrepreneur. Former Chair of Stanford Electrical Engineering Department.
- Ahmed Ahmed (1970 – present), an actor and comedian.
- Ahmed I. Zayed, a mathematician.
- Ahmed Ibrahim, the Cupid Cabbie of New York.
- Ahmed Zewail (1946 – 2016), a Nobel laureate in chemistry. He was the Linus Pauling Chair Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Physics, and the director of the Physical Biology Center for Ultrafast Science and Technology  at the California Institute of Technology. at the California Institute of Technology.
- Alaa Abdelnaby (1968 – present), a professional basketball player.
- Allen Adham, a businessman.
- Amir Khillah (1979–present) a mixed martial artist.
- Asaad Kelada, a television director.
- Ayaad Assaad (1948–present), a microbiologist and toxicologist.
- Ayman Mohyeldin, journalist for NBC News, formerly worked for Al Jazeera and CNN
- Dalia Mogahed (1974–present), a scholar and advisor to the U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Dina Powell (1973 – present), a politician.
- Essam Heggy, NASA Scientist and Egyptian presidential science adviser.
- Farida Osman (1995–present), a swimmer who competed in 2012 summer Olympics.
- Farouk El-Baz (1938–present), a professor and former NASA scientist who contributed to the Apollo Program.
- Fayez Sarofim, a fund manager.
- Feisal Abdul Rauf (1948 – present), a Sufi imam.
- Gamal Helal (1954–present), an interpreter and diplomat.
- Halim El-Dabh (1921) a composer, performer, and educator.
- Hoda Kotb (1964 – present), a TV news anchor and host.
- Ibrahim Oweiss (1931–present), an economist, international economic advisor, and professor.
- Jehane Noujaim, a documentary film director.
- Kareem Salama (1978–present), a country music singer.
- Karine Bakhoum, a chef.
- Khaled Abou El Fadl Law professor, and Islamic studies program chair at University of California, Los Angeles.
- Leila Ahmed (1940 – present), a professor.
- Mamoun Fandy, a scholar.
- Mark Seif (1967 – present), a two-time World Series of Poker champion and TV show host.
- Medhat Haroun, (1951-2012), a world-renowned expert on earthquake engineering.
- Michael Mina (1969–present), award-winning chef and restaurateur.
- Mohamed El-Erian (1958–present), CEO of PIMCO and former president and CEO of the Harvard Management Company.
- Mona Eltahawy (1967–present), a freelance journalist.
- Mostafa El-Sayed (1933–present), a renowned scientist and university professor.
- Nabih Youssef, a structural engineer.
- Norsereddin (17th century?), an early settler in New York's Hudson Valley.
- Omar Metwally (1974–present, an actor.
- Omar Samhan (1988 – present), a professional basketball player.
- Omar Sharif (1932-2015), Actor and academy award nominee
- Stephen T. Shippy, (1977–present), a.k.a. Prozak, a rapper from Saginaw, Michigan.
- Raef Haggag, (1982-present), singer-songwriter.
- Rami Malek (1981 – present), an actor.
- Rashad Khalifa (1935 – 1990) a biochemist.
- Reda Athanasios (1954–present), a CEO and Entrepreneur.
- Rushdi Said (1920 – 2013), a geologist.
- Saad Eddin Ibrahim (1938–present) a sociologist and author.
- Sam Khalifa (1963–present), a former Major League Baseball player.
- Sammy Sheik (1981–present), an actor.
- Sarah Fasha an actress and model
- Shereef Akeel (1965 – present), a lawyer.
- Sherif Fayed (born 31 March 1992) is an American-born Egyptian former footballer, viner, actor and model. As a footballer, he last played for the Belgian club Lierse S.K.
- Shihab S. Asfour, Professor and Chairman of the Industrial Engineering Department at the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida.
- Stephen Adly Guirgis, a playwright.
- Taher Elgamal (1955–present), a cryptographer.
- Wendie Malick (1950 – present), an actress and fashion model, Egyptian paternal grandfather