List of Egyptian flying aces
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following Egyptian pilots are alleged to have become aces flying combat against the Israeli Air Force:
- Ali Wajai (alias Ali Wagedy) flew a MiG 21 and was credited with 1 aerial victory in 1967, three aerial in 1970 and four in October 14 1973 Over El Mansoura as well as Two in 1977.
- Colonel Ahmed Atef was credited with Seven aerial victories in 1974 over the Golan Heights.
- Major Sami Marei was credited with seven aerial victories between 1966 and 1968 while flying a MiG 21. Major Marei was killed in action on 26 February 1970.
- Captain Samir Aziz Mikhail of the 104th Air Brigade was credited with five aerial victories while flying a MiG 21.
- Hussein Samy gained five aerial victories in a MiG 21.
- Air Combat Information Group http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_266.shtml Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Egyptian victory credits of the Arab-Israeli wars