List of Fremantle Football Club coaches
Since becoming a member of the Australian Football League (AFL) in 1995, there have been six senior coaches of the Fremantle Football Club. To qualify, coaches must have coached the club in at least one senior AFL match. A senior AFL match is an Australian rules football match between two clubs that are, or were at the time of the match, members of the AFL. A senior AFL match is played under the laws of Australian football, and includes regular season matches, as well as finals series matches. It does not include pre-season competition matches, interstate matches or international rules football matches. The list is arranged in the order in which each coach first coached a game for Fremantle in a senior AFL match.
|#||Coach||Seasons||Total games||Finals games||Grand Final
|1||Neesham, GerardGerard Neesham||1995–1998||88||32||56||0||36.36||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2||Drum, DamianDamian Drum||1999–2001[a]||53||13||40||0||24.53||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|3||Allan, BenBen Allan†||2001[a]||13||2||11||0||18.18||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|4||Connolly, ChrisChris Connolly||2002–2007[b]||129||67||62||0||51.94||4||1||3||0||25.00||—||—|
|5||Harvey, MarkMark Harvey||2007[b]–2011||97||39||58||0||40.21||2||1||1||0||50.00||—||—|
|6||Lyon, RossRoss Lyon||2012–[c]||119||71||47||1||60.08||9||4||5||0||44.44||1||0|
|#||Number of coaches|
- a Damian Drum was sacked as the Fremantle coach following the club's round 9 defeat to Sydney, their 10th consecutive loss. Ben Allan was appointed caretaker coach for the remainder of the 2001 season, but only managed two wins out of 13 games; he had declared that he had no intention of applying for the senior coach's job for the 2002 season, and Chris Connolly was appointed.
- b Chris Connolly resigned as the Fremantle coach following the club's round 15 loss to Kangaroos. Mark Harvey (then an assistant coach at FFC) was appointed caretaker coach for the remainder of the 2007 season, and as a result of his success (four wins from his seven matches), he was given the permanent position as Fremantle's coach.
- c Mark Harvey was sacked in controversial circumstances at the end of the 2011 season, with a year left on his contract, in a surprise move that saw Ross Lyon resign from St Kilda to take up the post.
- Michael Lovett, ed. (2011). "Coaches". AFL Record Season Guide 2011. The Slattery Media Group. p. 690. ISBN 9781921778193.
- "Fremantle Coaches Win-Loss Records".
- "The Main Players". Football Record (Round 14): 28. 2001.
- "Fremantle coach Connolly resigns". AFL BigPond Network. 19 July 2007. Archived from the original on 20 May 2011. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "Harvey named as Fremantle coach". foxsports.com.au. 17 September 2007. Archived from the original on 20 May 2011. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- Porter, Barney (16 September 2011). "A tale of two coaches". The World Today.