List of Fresh Off the Boat episodes
Fresh Off the Boat is an American television sitcom broadcast on ABC created by Nahnatchka Khan. The story follows the course of Eddie Huang's Taiwanese family as they make their way from Washington, D.C. to Orlando, Florida to open up a steak restaurant. The series premiered on February 4, 2015. On May 7, 2015, the show was renewed by ABC for a second season. On March 3, 2016, ABC renewed the series for a third season, which premiered on October 11, 2016. On May 12, 2017, ABC renewed the series for a fourth season, which premiered on October 3, 2017. A fifth season premiered on October 5, 2018. On May 10, 2019, ABC renewed the series for a sixth season.
As of April 12, 2019,[update] 101 episodes of Fresh Off the Boat have aired, concluding the fifth season.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||13||February 4, 2015||April 21, 2015|
|2||24||September 22, 2015||May 24, 2016|
|3||23||October 11, 2016||May 16, 2017|
|4||19||October 3, 2017||March 20, 2018|
|5||22||October 5, 2018||April 12, 2019|
Season 1 (2015)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||1||"Pilot"||Lynn Shelton||Nahnatchka Khan||February 4, 2015||1AXT01||7.94|
|In 1995, Eddie Huang's family moves from D.C. to Orlando when his father Louis assumes control of a failing steakhouse, certain that he can turn around its fortunes. Jessica is confused by the rituals and habits of her new neighbors. Eddie finds it difficult to fit in at school, while Emery seems to be doing just fine.|
|2||2||"Home Sweet Home-School"||Max Winkler||Kourtney Kang||February 4, 2015||1AXT03||7.47|
|When Eddie gets high marks in school, Jessica reacts by thinking that the schoolwork is not challenging enough. She tries to get him moved into gifted programs but the school does not have them. She then considers enrolling them in a Chinese Learning Center (CLC), but there are none in the area. Wanting to get Jessica and her incessant micromanaging away from the restaurant, Louis convinces her to home-school the boys. When she finds out that Louis is keeping her away from the restaurant in order to relax the strict regime she has implemented there, she brings the boys there so that she can teach and keep watch over the restaurant.|
|3||3||"The Shunning"||Jake Kasdan||Nahnatchka Khan||February 10, 2015||1AXT02||6.05|
|Jessica finally makes a new friend she likes named Honey (Chelsey Crisp), only to discover that the other neighborhood women dislike her for breaking up her husband's previous marriage. To gain more popularity after not being able to have Jordans like the other kids at school, Eddie figures showing off a hot girl like Honey to them will make him more popular instead. Louis uses a neighborhood block party to shamelessly promote the restaurant.|
|4||4||"Success Perm"||Gail Mancuso||Rich Blomquist||February 10, 2015||1AXT04||5.86|
|Jessica's sister Connie (Susan Park), her husband and Louis' old boss Steve (C. S. Lee), and Jessica's mother (Shu Lan Tuan) visit the family. As they arrive in Orlando, Louis and Jessica have tried to make their house and the restaurant look better than they are - so that successful Steve, snotty Connie, and penny-pinching Grandma Chu will think they are successful as well. Eddie is excited about seeing his cousin who introduced him to hip hop, Justin (Lance Lim) - but Justin is now very depressing to be around now that he is a fan of grunge music instead.|
|5||5||"Persistent Romeo"||Lynn Shelton||Sanjay Shah||February 17, 2015||1AXT05||6.17|
|Jessica requests that Louis has a sexual harassment seminar for the restaurant, but ends up making the employees feel harassed. Eddie tries to impress the kids in his school by showing them a 'dirty movie' which is actually Louis' sexual harassment video for the restaurant.|
|6||6||"Fajita Man"||Matt Sohn||Matt Kuhn||February 24, 2015||1AXT06||5.79|
|As Jessica searches for a job for herself, Eddie starts working at the Cattleman's Ranch to get enough money for a video game he wants.|
|7||7||"Showdown at the Golden Saddle"||Lynn Shelton||Keith Heisler||March 3, 2015||1AXT07||6.02|
|Jessica finds out the truth about the Cattleman's Ranch and Golden Saddle, while Eddie tries his best to catch Nicole's attention.|
|8||8||"Phillip Goldstein"||Phil Traill||Jeff Chiang & Eric Ziobrowski||March 10, 2015||1AXT08||5.08|
|A Chinese Jewish boy, Phillip Goldstein (Albert Tsai), is the new student at Eddie's school and they are paired up in all activities because of their race, even though Eddie does not like Phillip. Jessica immediately likes Phillip because he plays the cello and is a "good Chinese boy". Phillip and Eddie make a deal that if Eddie takes Phillip to see "Les Misérables" Phillip will go along with Eddie to the Beastie Boys concert. Eventually Phillip abandons Eddie and Eddie has to miss the concert looking for Phillip. Jessica ends up taking Eddie to the concert the next day, and does not like it.|
|9||9||"License to Sell"||Alisa Statman||Camilla Blackett||March 24, 2015||1AXT09||4.92|
|Jessica goes in to take her realtor exam only to meet the best realtor in the city. Afraid that she will never be the best, as she often tells her children, "Always be the best", she instead lies about passing the test. Her husband eventually discovers this and tells her that she should never give up, and she then eventually takes and passes the exam. Eddie attempts to use his father's advice in trying to get Nicole to like him.|
|10||10||"Blind Spot"||Claire Scanlon||David Smithyman||March 31, 2015||1AXT10||4.83|
|Jessica's college boyfriend Oscar Chow (Rex Lee) visits the Huangs. Jessica wants Louis to be jealous of Oscar, but Louis is not because although Jessica does not see it, Louis knows that Oscar is gay. Things get even weirder when Oscar reveals that in college he thought he and Louis were dating, not he and Jessica. Meanwhile, the chicken pox is going around.|
|11||11||"Very Superstitious"||Alex Hardcastle||Ali Wong||April 7, 2015||1AXT11||4.85|
|Eddie slips on a rug at the steakhouse and breaks his arm. Later, he catches his father lying to Jessica, and Louis responds by saying little white lies are okay if some good can come of it. Taking this to heart, Eddie tries to gain favor in a student council election at school by making up a story about how he hurt his arm. This results in social services visiting the Huang home. Scottie Pippen makes a cameo appearance.|
|12||12||"Dribbling Tiger, Bounce Pass Dragon"||Robert Cohen||Rich Blomquist||April 14, 2015||1AXT12||4.76|
|Louis becomes the coach for Eddie's basketball team. In the show's tag, the family is watching a scene from the pilot of Margaret Cho's sitcom, ALL-AMERICAN GIRL.|
|13||13||"So Chineez"||Chris Koch||Sanjay Shah||April 21, 2015||1AXT13||5.08|
|For a country project at their school, Eddie is assigned Iceland but all of his friends switch to the Caribbean islands because they are an easy A. Eddie then switches with somebody for Jamaica by bribing him with Topanga's phone number since he likes Boy Meets World. Later, Jessica wants the boys to remember their Chinese heritage and switches Eddie to China. Eddie wants to switch back to Jamaica but defends China after one of his friends says that China is nothing but pandas. He ends up getting an F because he was so busy defending China that he forgets to do his Jamaica project.|
Season 2 (2015–16)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|14||1||"Family Business Trip"||Lynn Shelton||Nahnatchka Khan||September 22, 2015||2AXT01||6.05|
As summer vacation winds down, Louis has to take a business trip to attend the National Franchisee Convention, while the family tags along and goes to Gator World nearby. Eddie, not wanting to be an outcast in the 7th grade, sees the trip as an opportunity to have an impressive story to tell. As Evan loses another tooth, he realizes that he is growing up and loses the advantages of being little. While on the trip, Jessica refuses to relax and aims to get her money's worth.Guest starring: Rob Riggle as Gator Dan and Ed Lover as himself.
|15||2||"Boy II Man"||Claire Scanlon||Matt Kuhn||September 29, 2015||2AXT02||4.74|
Nicole has to repeat eighth grade, much to the delight of Eddie and the other seventh graders, whom she protects from the current eighth graders she harassed the year before. Jessica insists that Eddie take a piccolo class for his elective hour, noting that thousands of college band scholarships go unfilled every year. But when Eddie learns that he can tutor Nicole during that same hour, he shuns his mom's request, forcing her to use a different tactic to get her way. Meanwhile, Nicole's dad inspires Louis to try and convince Jessica that they should have a daughter.Guest starring: Matt Lucas as Mr. Fisher.
|16||3||"Shaquille O'Neal Motors"||Lynn Shelton||Keith Heisler||October 6, 2015||2AXT03||4.85|
The Huangs are in desperate need of a second vehicle, and Louis takes Jessica along to Shaquille O'Neal Motors, given that she negotiated the deal for their current minivan. But Jessica confesses she did not get the best deal she could then because she forgot to request floor mats, and she doubts her negotiating abilities. Meanwhile, Eddie convinces Evan to sell his Beanie Baby collection so he and his brothers can buy a backyard water slide.Guest starring: Shaquille O'Neal as himself.
|17||4||"The Fall Ball"||Tristram Shapeero||Jeff Chiang||October 13, 2015||2AXT04||3.96|
Based on his love for the movie Pretty in Pink, Louis goes overboard preparing Eddie for the Fall Ball dance at school. Eddie is initially confident about asking his crush Alison to dance, but chickens out and stays home after Louis says the first school dance is a "life-changing experience". Elsewhere, Jessica learns she can make a lot of money flipping houses and tries to make nice with Grandma Huang after finding out she will be coming into some money.Guest starring: Jeremy Lin.
|18||5||"Miracle on Dead Street"||Bill Purple||Eric Ziobrowski||October 27, 2015||2AXT05||4.07|
|Louis is excited preparing for Halloween, but gets disappointed when he hears that Eddie and his pals want to trick-or-treat in a more upscale neighborhood. Meanwhile, Jessica tries to protect her new income home from a group of condescending teenage boys who promise to come back at night to egg it.|
|19||6||"Good Morning Orlando"||Phil Traill||Camilla Blackett||November 3, 2015||2AXT06||4.45|
|Louis is invited to appear on Good Morning Orlando when the show's hosts see him doing celebrity impersonations at the restaurant. After the appearance, however, Jessica chastises him for perpetuating the stereotype of Asian men only being accepted as clowns. At school, Alison sends Eddie a love note and, soon, Eddie and his four friends are going on a "date" to the mall with Alison and her four friends. But, when one of Eddie's friends makes a mistake about which girl likes him, Eddie questions whether his note really came from Alison or someone else.|
|20||7||"The Big 1-2"||Lynn Shelton||Rachna Fruchbom||November 10, 2015||2AXT07||3.77|
|Eddie celebrates his 12th birthday with friends, much to the dismay of Louis and Jessica, who were hoping for a family birthday party. At the same time, Emery and Evan feel left out when their parents are focused on Eddie, so they decide to cause trouble just to get their attention with little to no success.|
|21||8||"Huangsgiving"||Gail Mancuso||David Smithyman||November 17, 2015||2AXT08||3.90|
|Jessica is finally able to persuade her mother to let her host Thanksgiving instead of her sister Connie, who has always hosted it. But she and Louis get overly ambitious with the planning and almost everything goes wrong. Meanwhile, Eddie has started listening to some grunge music in order to connect with his cousin Justin, only to learn that Justin is now a diehard ska fan.|
|22||9||"We Done Son"||Bill Purple||Ali Wong||December 1, 2015||2AXT09||3.66|
An argument ensues between Jessica and Honey when Jessica does not want to spend money for a lavish open house at the investment property, but has no qualms about giving several hundred dollars to a psychic to advise her on decisions about the house. Elsewhere, Eddie gets a job so that he can afford a $50 necklace for Alison and is floored to find out he will be working for rapper DMX.Guest starring: DMX as himself.
|23||10||"The Real Santa"||Henry Chan||Kourtney Kang||December 8, 2015||2AXT10||3.94|
|Jessica lies to Evan about Santa Claus, saying he is really a scientist and that delivering presents on Christmas is only Santa's charity work. When Louis hosts a "breakfast with Santa" at the restaurant, however, Jessica has to make up more lies to keep Evan believing. Meanwhile, Eddie and Emery have differing opinions on what will be the perfect Christmas present for their mom.|
|24||11||"Year of the Rat"||Ken Whittingham||Sheng Wang||February 2, 2016||2AXT13||5.19|
|The Huangs are excited to go back home to Washington, D.C. for a family celebration of Chinese New Year, but Louis messes up the dates on the plane tickets and they are forced to stay in Orlando. Louis and Jessica look up a local Asian American organization that says they are throwing a party that night, but it ends up being a major disappointment.|
|25||12||"Love and Loopholes"||Phil Traill||Jeff Chiang||February 9, 2016||2AXT16||4.23|
Eddie tries to win two tickets for the Janet Jackson concert in a radio promotion so that he can take Alison for Valentine's Day. Trent helps him call in and, when Trent actually gets through and wins, he insists that he be able to use one of the tickets. Eddie soon comes up with a scheme to get tickets for all three of them. At home, Emery tries to set up a night for Jessica and Louis to be alone and romantic, but is disappointed when they spend the time doing their taxes.
Guest starring: Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis as themselves.Note: This is the first episode where Grandma Huang does not appear. Janet Jackson could not appear in the episode due to her pregnancy at the time but did promote the episode regardless.
|26||13||"Phil's Phaves"||Alisa Statman||Rich Blomquist||February 16, 2016||2AXT11||4.64|
|Louis and Jessica discover the power of the Internet, finding a restaurant review site called "Phil's Phaves" that criticizes the atmosphere at Cattleman's Ranch. The Huangs resolve to make the restaurant more "fun" after getting the reviewer to agree to a return visit, only to find out that it's Phillip Goldstein, the young boy who left Eddie stranded at the Beastie Boys concert. Elsewhere, Eddie's fear of talking to Alison on the phone leads him to make a mix tape for her instead, but the tape falls into the hands of Reba, a nerdy girl who has a crush on Eddie, giving her the wrong idea.|
|27||14||"Michael Chang Fever"||Bill Purple||Sanjay Shah||February 23, 2016||2AXT12||4.59|
Louis and Jessica find out that Emery could potentially be the next Chinese-American star tennis player. They hire tennis legend Billie Jean King to coach Emery and mold him into a star athlete, but soon realize she may be training him too intensely. Meanwhile, Eddie helps Evan deal with what he thinks is a school bully, but it turns out to be something else.Guest starring: Billie Jean King as herself.
|28||15||"Keep 'Em Separated"||Jude Weng||Matt Kuhn||March 8, 2016||2AXT15||4.94|
Eddie worries when Nichole breaks up with her boyfriend and starts conversing with Alison, because he has never told Alison about the crush he had on Nichole. Eddie then gets mad when Alison mentions she had a crush on his best friend Dave, even though Eddie himself has just planned an ice cream date with Nichole. Meanwhile, Jessica wants Louis to make friends at the local pool hall so that he will stop hanging around her and Honey so much. Her plan backfires, however, when Louis meets and plays pool with a woman named Toni.Guest starring: Angelique Cabral as Toni.
|29||16||"Tight Two"||Lynn Shelton||Keith Heisler||March 15, 2016||2AXT14||4.10|
|Because he is normally used to coming home from work and spending only a few quality minutes with the boys, Louis struggles to entertain them for longer stretches after a leg injury keeps him at home. Meanwhile, Jessica has to take over the restaurant, forcing her to deal with the new carry-out service offered by Cattleman's as well as the employees who know that Louis has forbidden Jessica from firing anyone.|
|30||17||"Doing it Right"||Christine Gernon||Eric Ziobrowski||March 22, 2016||2AXT17||4.63|
|Louis prepares his secret-recipe chili for the North Orlando Chili Cook-Off, where he will face five-time winner, Marvin. He asks Eddie to be his apprentice, but Eddie goes rogue and enters the contest himself when Louis will not take any of his suggestions. Elsewhere, Evan is uninvited to his friend's birthday party and Jessica assumes it is because she confronted the boy's mother (Casey Wilson) in the school parking lot. She later learns Evan was dropped from the invite list because he is very bossy, just like his mom.|
|31||18||"Week in Review"||Claire Scanlon||Kourtney Kang||March 29, 2016||2AXT18||4.63|
|Louis and Jessica enjoy doing their "week in review" and working as a team to plan their various schedules around those of the boys. But Eddie comes home from school with lice and then gives it to Evan, who gives it to Jessica, causing Louis to stay away from Jessica because he is the important provider for the family. A conversation with the "old school" Marvin, however, makes Louis reconsider how he has treated his wife. Meanwhile, after being unsatisfied with a homework grade, Eddie challenges his teacher to a basketball bet but, due to having lice, Eddie must figure out how to keep up his end of the deal.|
|32||19||"Jessica Place"||Sean Kavanagh||Abbey Caldwell||April 5, 2016||2AXT19||4.23|
Jessica is devastated to learn that her favorite TV show, Melrose Place, has aired its season finale and will not be back until September, but the neighborhood drama easily replaces it as Jessica and Honey discover a juicy secret about Deirdre, allowing Jessica to get back at Deirdre for voting down the Huangs' pool during an HOA meeting. Meanwhile, Louis and Emery find ways to handle negative emotions.Guest starring: Melrose Place's Courtney Thorne-Smith as Anne, a new neighbor.
|33||20||"Hi, My Name Is..."||Bill Purple||Rachna Fruchbom||April 26, 2016||2AXT21||4.70|
As Evan prepares to open his first bank account and sign his first official document, he agonizes over which name to use: his Chinese name or his American name. He is not satisfied with Jessica's reason for choosing his American name (the nurse who helped deliver him had the last name "Evans"), nor do Jessica's or Louis' stories about how they chose their own American names help. In the end, Grandma Huang convinces Evan that the name he was given is not important; it is what you do in life to make that name important that matters.Guest starring: Jalen Rose as Cool Louis, Busta Rhymes as himself, and Shaquille O'Neal as himself (the President of the United States in Eddie's imaginary future scenario)
|34||21||"Rent Day"||Jude Weng||Camilla Blackett||May 3, 2016||2AXT20||4.29|
After the flip house is finished and the women face the prospect of barely breaking even on the sale, Jessica persuades Honey and Grandma to rent out the property against their better judgement. Jessica tries to take care of the situation but, as the tenants (John Francis Daley and Allison Scagliotti) become a nuisance, she fears she may be in over her head.Guest starring: Evan Hannemann as Eddie's friend Dave Selby.
|35||22||"Gotta Be Me"||Ken Whittingham||David Smithyman||May 10, 2016||2AXT22||3.91|
|Louis decides to give Emery some pointers to help him become the cool kid at school; Jessica volunteers to chaperone Eddie's field trip to Colonial Floridatowne, showing Eddie that she can be a fun mom.|
|36||23||"The Manchurian Dinner Date"||Nahnatchka Khan||Rich Blomquist||May 17, 2016||2AXT23||4.23|
|With Emery graduating elementary school, Louis throws a graduation dinner at Cattleman's and tells each of his boys they can bring a friend. Eddie is excited and nervous to invite his girlfriend Alison and introduce her to his mother; he thinks Jessica will not approve of Alison because she is not Chinese. Alison then devises a plan to make a good impression with Jessica. Meanwhile, Louis tries to help Emery prepare his valedictorian speech, while Grandma attempts to make a new suit for Evan.|
|37||24||"Bring the Pain"||Bill Purple||Sanjay Shah||May 24, 2016||2AXT24||4.88|
Louis' brother Gene comes to visit from Taiwan with big news to share. Having borrowed $200 from Gene many years ago to buy Louis a wedding ring, Jessica tries to find ways to covertly repay Gene, only to learn that Louis has secretly sent Gene thousands of dollars over the years. Meanwhile, Eddie tries to find a way to watch Chris Rock's latest HBO comedy special "Bring the Pain" so that he can discuss it with Alison and their friends, but Emery and Evan block him at every turn on Jessica's orders.Guest starring: Ken Jeong as Gene
Season 3 (2016–17)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|38||1||"Coming from America"||Nahnatchka Khan||Nahnatchka Khan||October 11, 2016||3AXT01||5.03|
The Huang family visits Taiwan to attend the wedding of Louis' brother, Gene. Louis is stunned at both Gene's success and how beautiful his fiancée is, cursing himself for starting over in America. While Jessica finds that much has changed from her idealized memories of her home country, she also admits she loves her life in America and convinces Louis that he made the right move. Meanwhile, Eddie promised to contact Alison via fax while he was away, but finds access to a fax machine difficult.|
Guest Starring: Ann Hsu as Margaret
|39||2||"Breaking Chains"||Jude Weng||Kourtney Kang||October 18, 2016||3AXT02||4.10|
|Upon seeing Jessica stressing over keeping the house clean, Louis gets her a maid as a gift, but she takes it as a slap in the face. On Emery's first day of middle school, he finds things difficult due to lies Eddie had previously told about his culture to get out of things like eating vegetables, showering, and sitting in the front of the classroom. Meanwhile, Evan laments the fact that he no longer has his older brother to accompany him to elementary school. He eventually decides to make a memorial in his old seat on the school bus, frightening a girl in the process.|
|40||3||"Louisween"||Lynn Shelton||Matt Kuhn||October 25, 2016||3AXT03||3.98|
|Jessica refuses to participate in Halloween, although it is Louis' favorite holiday. Evan is tired of being Emery's costume sidekick every Halloween. Emery lets Evan pick the costumes this year, but is not pleased with the results. Eddie and his pals get invited to a Halloween party that Nicole is throwing while her parents are out. The older high-school kids and Eddie's pals think it is lame and leave, but Eddie stays and finds a way to save Nicole's reputation.|
|41||4||"Citizen Jessica"||Claire Scanlon||Sanjay Shah||November 1, 2016||3AXT04||3.51|
|Cattleman's becomes an official polling place for the 1996 elections. Emery openly supports Bob Dole for president, despite Evan insisting that Dole has no chance of winning. Jessica learns that her commission from selling a huge house will put her and Louis into a higher tax bracket, so she backs a strong anti-tax proposal that is on the ballot. It is further revealed that Jessica simply renews her resident alien (green card) status over and over, never trying to become a U.S. citizen. Elsewhere, Eddie laments the death of Tupac Shakur and opposes the accusations that Biggie was involved.|
|42||5||"No Thanks-giving"||Alisa Statman||Keith Heisler||November 15, 2016||3AXT05||4.28|
|Jessica tells the family she does not want to celebrate Thanksgiving because it has nothing to do with their culture, but her real motive is to get Louis to open up Cattleman's on the holiday. Meanwhile, Eddie has figured out that colleges never look at middle-school grades, so he thinks he can coast for the rest of the semester, but Jessica will have none of it.|
|43||6||"WWJD: What Would Jessica Do?"||Matt Sohn||Laura McCreary||November 29, 2016||3AXT06||4.20|
|Jessica is disappointed when Evan decides to abandon their Sunday tradition of shopping at Costco together so he can attend church with his friend Zach. Meanwhile, Marvin over-whitens Louis' teeth during a dental visit, which results in Louis creeping out his family and being the butt of Grandma's jokes.|
|44||7||"The Taming of the Dads"||Sean Kavanaugh||Rich Blomquist||December 6, 2016||3AXT07||3.88|
|Alison convinces Eddie to take her to the new movie version of Romeo and Juliet, which ends up being an awkward "double date" with their fathers who are both Shakespeare buffs. Upon seeing their dads having way more fun together than they are, Alison thinks her relationship with Eddie has become stale and suggests they take a break. Meanwhile, Jessica has to serve on jury duty and becomes angered when the jurors pick someone else to be the foreperson. Also, a relative from Taiwan sends Evan and Emery a Tamagotchi, which takes up way more of their time than they anticipate.|
|45||8||"Where are the Giggles?"||Chris Koch||Jeff Chiang||December 13, 2016||3AXT08||3.86|
|The Huangs go to see the Christmas movie Jingle All the Way, but accidentally leave Evan at home. Realizing her mistake, Jessica calls and asks Marvin to check on Evan, but Evan has set a trap (a la Kevin in Home Alone) which causes Marvin to slip and hurt his back. Marvin sues the Huangs, trying to convince Louis that it is no big deal because the money will come from their insurance. Louis sees things differently, saying friends do not sue friends, even for insurance money.|
|46||9||"How to Be An American"||Chris Koch||Camilla Blackett||January 3, 2017||3AXT10||4.37|
|Jessica is applying for U.S. citizenship opposite an immigration agent (Zachary Knighton) who forces her to explain some questionable items on her record. As her explanations are played out in flashback, Louis is stunned to find that Jessica finally accepted his marriage proposal (following five unsuccessful attempts) only after her last-ditch effort to get a work visa extension failed. Elsewhere, Eddie convinces his brothers to take a joyride with him in the family minivan.|
|47||10||"The Best of Orlando"||Phil Traill||Eric Ziobrowski||January 17, 2017||3AXT09||3.91|
|Jessica invites everyone she knows to attend a ceremony naming Louis as Orlando's "Small Businessman of the Year", but Louis ruins the moment by forgetting to mention Jessica during his acceptance speech. Meanwhile, Eddie and Emery enlist Grandma's help to start a clothing line.|
|48||11||"Clean Slate"||Bill Purple||David Smithyman||January 18, 2017||3AXT12||5.50|
|Jessica pushes the family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges on the eve of Chinese New Year in order to ensure good fortune for the coming year, while she enlists Emery to help keep her own temper in check. Evan gets a lousy haircut from Louis' favorite barber and sends a hateful letter, which Louis then tries to intercept. Meanwhile, Eddie entertains his lame cousin.|
|49||12||"Sisters Without Subtext"||Jude Weng||Rachna Fruchbom||February 7, 2017||3AXT11||3.82|
|Jessica warms up to her sister Connie when she hears that she is looking at colleges, but that changes when she learns Connie wants to enroll in art school. Meanwhile, Marvin takes Honey and the Huang boys on a mystery trip which turns out to be the tour of a retirement home. Marvin says he plans to move in to the home in "two or three years", which does not sit well with Honey.|
|50||13||"Neighbors with Attitude"||Bill Purple||Abbey Caldwell||February 14, 2017||3AXT14||3.66|
|Jessica suggests to the home owners' association that they should start a neighborhood watch. The group likes the idea, but Deirdre will not let Jessica be involved because she is not a "team player", prompting Louis to jump in. Eddie plots to finally get his first kiss from Allison at an upcoming Valentine's Day dance, using Trent as his wingman. Meanwhile, Grandma reveals that she has money hidden in the house. When Emery insists the money should be in a bank, Grandma challenges him to find it.|
|51||14||"The Gloves Are Off"||Fred Savage||Sheng Wang||February 21, 2017||3AXT13||3.85|
|Honey complains that Sarah, Marvin's ex-wife and Nicole's mother (Heather Locklear), lets Nicole do whatever she wants, forcing Honey to always be the tough parent. Jessica tries to do something about it, even though that was not what Honey wanted her to do. Meanwhile, the kids see a commercial stating that a motorized chair can be free to someone over 65, but they do not know Grandma's age and she does not know herself.|
|52||15||"Living While Eddie"||Jeffrey Walker||Rich Blomquist||February 28, 2017||3AXT15||4.13|
|Louis is excited to be hosting an infomercial shoot at Cattleman's and Emery asks if he can tag along and meet his hero, pitchman Tony Wonder (Rhys Darby). When Louis is asked to stand in for a no-show actor, Emery gives his Dad a crooked pep talk, intending to make him nervous because Emery really wants to be in the commercial. At home, Jessica blames Eddie for stealing her papaya out of the fruit bowl. Eddie complains that he is blamed for everything and accuses his mom of profiling. Later, Jessica has to go to the mall record store, where Eddie has been accused of stealing a CD. Eddie proves the CD is his own, having brought it in to sell via the store's buyback program. Jessica apologizes and Eddie then tells her that Evan ate the papaya, but he took the blame because his little brother still had a "clean record."|
|53||16||"Gabby Goose"||Alisa Statman||Jeff Chiang||March 7, 2017||3AXT16||3.69|
|After Jessica acts like a sore loser during game night, Louis goes to Honey for advice on what he can do about it and Jessica is furious when she finds out Louis aired their dirty laundry to a neighbor. Meanwhile, Eddie learns that Notorious B.I.G. has been shot to death and takes it very hard. Emery, Evan, Allison, and his friends all try, unsuccessfully, to console him.|
|54||17||"The Flush"||Kevin Bray||Keith Heisler||March 14, 2017||3AXT17||3.37|
|To save $20 on a recliner for Grandma, Jessica chooses to go to the furniture store's warehouse in Georgia rather than pay their $75 handling fee. Honey tags along, while Evan and Emery try to educate her on how to handle a road trip with their mom. At home, Louis plans a "guys weekend" with Eddie, lounging around and watching movies, but Eddie's friends crash the party. When Trent brings a beer to share with the group, Eddie painfully learns about something he inherited from his father.|
|55||18||"Time to Get Ill"||Chris Addison||Eric Ziobrowski||April 4, 2017||3AXT18||3.82|
|With Jessica ill and unable to watch their every move, Louis and the boys scheme to order a pay-per-view wrestling event, something Jessica would never allow. Unbeknownst to the men, Jessica is also plotting a scheme.|
|56||19||"Driving Miss Jenny"||Geeta Patel||Laura McCreary||April 11, 2017||3AXT19||3.71|
|Louis worries when Grandma starts using her new motorized wheelchair to take trips all over town. With Jessica in a spring-cleaning frenzy, Emery tries to keep her from throwing out all of his childhood memories. Meanwhile, Eddie learns how much money Evan is making by taking care of plants and pets for vacationing neighbors and decides he wants in on it.|
|57||20||"The Masters"||Phil Traill||Rachna Fruchbom||April 18, 2017||3AXT21||3.72|
|Jessica is overly enthusiastic when she learns that Tiger Woods is half Asian. When Louis suggests that Jessica pushes the kids too much, they pit Evan and Eddie against each other in a golf match to put their two parenting styles to the test. Meanwhile, Emery wants the entire school to know about Tiger's Asian heritage, so he tries to convince Reba to let him do the PA announcements for a day.|
|58||21||"Pie vs. Cake"||Nisha Ganatra||Daniel Carter & Jeff Chlebus||May 2, 2017||3AXT20||3.33|
|Jessica is thrilled to hear that Evan wants to join the debate team at school, but her joy is tempered when it appears that Evan's skills in argument and persuasion may exceed her own. Elsewhere, Emery and Eddie collaborate on creating a comic book for a contest, but it soon becomes clear that they have vastly different ideas about characters and storylines.|
|59||22||"This Is Us"||Claire Scanlon||Sanjay Shah||May 9, 2017||3AXT22||3.43|
|Jessica and Louis both go "off plan", as Jessica tries to get Evan into an exclusive private school while Louis entertains the idea of letting Michael Bolton become a silent partner in the restaurant. Meanwhile, Eddie and his pals are graduating middle school and devise a plan to ensure they will not be tagged as "losers" when they begin high school. When she realizes Evan cannot get into the private school because the Huangs are renters, Jessica offers to buy a large home from a real estate client (Ian Gomez). Eddie arrives at home to find his family packing boxes and is hit with the realization that he has to leave his friends behind.|
|60||23||"This Isn't Us"||Bill Purple||Matt Kuhn||May 16, 2017||3AXT23||3.55|
|The Huangs move into their new house, but are not able to enjoy it when Jessica says they are "house poor" and quickly lays down rules and restrictions. Michael Bolton starts turning Cattleman's into a merchandising opportunity, but Louis does not complain after he is handed a big check for his cut. Eddie tries to find a way to stay close to the friends he has left behind. Emery discovers that Evan's blazer for St. Orlando's Academy is made in China, possibly by child laborers, and he gets Evan kicked out of the school when they complain to the superintendent (Howard Hessman). At the end of the episode, Jessica convinces Louis that they should move back to their old home, but they find that it has already been rented to someone else.|
Season 4 (2017–18)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|61||1||"B as in Best Friends"||Bill Purple||David Smithyman||October 3, 2017||4AXT01||4.51|
|The Huangs move in with Honey and Marvin and quickly make themselves comfortable. Eddie tries to reconcile with his old friends, but instead reconnects with Nicole, who drops a bombshell on him. Jessica is invited to Wheel of Fortune for a Best Friends episode and takes Honey as her best friend, but Honey argues with her on camera about the Huangs taking advantage of her hospitality. Elsewhere, Emery and Louis build a birdhouse based on Emery's design, but find it too creepy after it is fully built. Louis is surprised when Michael Bolton decides to bail on their restaurant partnership, allowing Kenny Rogers to buy out Bolton's share.|
|62||2||"First Day"||Alisa Statman||Laura McCreary||October 10, 2017||4AXT02||4.08|
|Emery is looking forward to a year of middle school without Eddie or Evan, but is shocked to find Evan on the bus with him because he skipped a grade. Bad things happen to Emery on his first day of school, which Grandma attributes to it being the Year of the Ox on the Chinese calendar. Eddie sees Alison talking to some football players and thinks he has to join the football team to keep her. After being cut in tryouts, Eddie tries to trick Alison into thinking he is still on the team, leading to their breakup after she finds out. Eddie's friends welcome him back into the fold after seeing how pathetic he is. Meanwhile, Kenny Rogers' transition manager Matthew (Matt Oberg) requests that major changes be made to Cattleman's, upsetting Louis.|
|63||3||"Kids"||Erin O'Malley||Jeff Chiang||October 17, 2017||4AXT03||3.93|
|When Eddie acts surprisingly mature about his breakup with Alison, Louis and Jessica feel like they've gotten out of "kid jail" with their final son growing up. They look forward to fun nights out with Marvin and Honey, only to learn that Marvin is planning to get his vasectomy reversed and have a child with Honey. Eddie learns that Alison had struck up a friendship with Evan during their time together and the two struggle to break the news to Evan that Alison can not hang out at the house anymore. Meanwhile, Grandma tries to use Emery's bad luck year to her own advantage.|
|64||4||"It's a Plastic Pumpkin, Louis Huang"||Alisa Statman||Sanjay Shah||October 24, 2017||4AXT04||4.16|
|Louis is disappointed when Evan no longer wants to dress up and help him hand out Halloween candy like they used to do, preferring to attend an adult party at Deirdre's instead. Jessica and Emery hear a spooky voice coming from Grandma's room and follow up when strangers come to the Huangs' door and whisk Grandma away. Meanwhile, Eddie and his pals hang around outside a Halloween party hosted by older girls from the high school, hoping to be invited.|
|65||5||"Four Funerals and a Wedding"||Lynn Shelton||Rachna Fruchbom||October 31, 2017||4AXT05||3.53|
|At a funeral for Jessica's great aunt, Louis and the kids meet Jessica's father, whom she rarely mentions and almost never sees. When another funeral and a family wedding follow, Louis tries to force Jessica to converse with her father, projecting his feelings of regret that he did not spend more time with his own father onto her. At home, Evan makes changes to his will and testament, causing the neighborhood women to think he is dying. Meanwhile, Honey takes the death of Princess Diana extremely hard.|
|66||6||"A League of Her Own"||Jay Chandrasekhar||Amelie Gillette||November 7, 2017||4AXT06||3.66|
|Nicole walks into a local lesbian bar while Honey and Jessica are having a drink there. Nicole comes out to her stepmom while also saying she plays for the bar's softball team. The two ponder how to break the news to Marvin. Jessica convinces the bar owner to let her manage the softball team, while Louis tries to assemble a ragtag group for the Cattleman's softball team. Sure enough, Louis and Jessica square off in the first scheduled game of the season.|
|67||7||"The Day After Thanksgiving"||Sean Kavanagh||Keith Heisler||November 14, 2017||4AXT07||3.89|
|Trying to play matchmaker, Louis invites Grandma's ESL teacher Bernard (George Takei) to Thanksgiving dinner, fully knowing that Jessica planned to forego a big Thanksgiving meal and instead prepare for Black Friday shopping with Honey. Elsewhere, Evan starts acting differently after Eddie and Emery sneak him into a theater to see a scary movie.|
|68||8||"The Vouch"||Josh Greenbaum||Eric Ziobrowski||November 21, 2017||4AXT08||4.29|
|Jessica has finished her book and asks Louis to read it. Louis hates it, but tells Jessica it is great. Upon hearing that Kenny Rogers will be visiting Cattleman's, Jessica asks Louis to share it with his boss, because Rogers is also a published author. Afraid to do so, Louis has the neighborhood book club women read the story, knowing they will be brutally honest in their assessment, but Jessica just attributes it to the women not liking her and refuses to back off on the Kenny Rogers request. Meanwhile, Eddie learns a little about democracy when his brothers and friends chip in to help him purchase a 300-CD carousel and then insist on loading it with CDs that Eddie hates.|
|69||9||"Slide Effect"||Sasie Sealy||Erica Oyama||December 5, 2017||4AXT09||3.76|
|Eddie's friends have all taken up lame, uncool activities at school, including Trent, who is a school safety officer. When Trent writes up Eddie for wearing open-toed shoes, he lands in detention and soon links up with the hackey-sack clique. Eddie helps the guys retrieve their confiscated hackey-sacks from the principal's office, but gets in way more trouble than he bargained for when one of them steals money from the principal's petty cash drawer. Elsewhere, Jessica labors over submitting a cover photo for her new book, not liking any of the ones Honey took, and soon realizes her apprehension is fear of possible rejection of the book itself by the reading public.|
|70||10||"Do You Hear What I Hear?"||Sasie Sealy||Matt Kuhn||December 12, 2017||4AXT10||3.91|
|As head of the HOA Christmas committee, Jessica threatens to cut this year's neighborhood caroling due to last year's rocky performance. However, Deirdre says that her friend Holly (Paula Abdul), who teaches "Performance and Movement", will help get everyone into tip-top, melodic shape. Meanwhile, Marvin becomes suspicious of Honey when she goes to see Titanic at the movies without him, and Nicole develops her first girl crush, but needs help from Eddie, Emery, and Alison to get the other girl's attention.|
|71||11||"Big Baby"||Jude Weng||Sheng Wang||January 2, 2018||4AXT11||4.23|
|Honey's hyper-critical mother (Cheryl Hines) is visiting, making Honey turn to Jessica as a buffer for an upcoming alternative baby-care class that she knows her mother will criticize. But, when Jessica finds the class ridiculous, she disappoints her friend by siding with her mother. Meanwhile, Louis and Marvin go on the cruise that Jessica and Honey won on Wheel of Fortune, but the trip quickly goes south for Louis. Also, Eddie thinks a new girl at the school has fallen for him, until Trent exposes evidence that the girl may just have a thing for Asian guys.|
|72||12||"Liar Liar"||Kevin Bray||Abbey Caldwell||January 9, 2018||4AXT12||3.64|
|When trying to play wingman for Nicole as she tries to ask out Jackie, Eddie encourages his friend to be herself, but Nicole is reluctant because she and Jackie have little in common. Louis joins Matthew's bowling group, which has Jessica concerned about the way he always overextends himself with new friends. Meanwhile, Evan and Emery try to get Honey to simplify her hair and wardrobe when she is constantly late taking them to outings, but Honey is resistant to the pregnancy clothes the boys choose for her.|
|73||13||"The Car Wash"||Amy York Rubin||Cindy Fang||January 16, 2018||4AXT13||3.91|
|Remembering that they used to enjoy hand-washing their vehicle together, Louis asks Jessica to do so as a way to reconnect. When Jessica is too busy meeting with her book editor and making revisions, Louis gets advice from Marvin on how to rekindle the seemingly dwindling flame in his marriage. Meanwhile, Evan is placed into Emery's literature class that is taught by Ms. Doris (Tig Notaro) and competes with his brother to be the new teacher's pet. The two are frustrated when Ms. Doris seems to dislike both of them and shocked to learn that she really liked Eddie when he was her student.|
|74||14||"A Man to Share the Night With"||Angela Tortu||David Smithyman||January 30, 2018||4AXT15||4.05|
|After seeing that Eddie has started shaving, Louis decides his son is old enough to stay up with him through the first guest on the Late Show with David Letterman. But, after one night watching the show with his dad, Eddie takes advantage of his new 11:45 bed time and goes trolling around town with his friend Dave, which cause a falling out between father and son. Eventually, Louis comes to Eddie's aid when Dave starts to get erratic, even going so far as to steal a store's mannequin. Meanwhile, Jessica uses figure skater Michelle Kwan as an example to preach hard work and discipline to Emery and Evan. This causes problems when Tara Lipinski wins Olympic gold instead of Kwan, so Jessica decides to come up with a conspiracy theory to explain Kwan's loss, which even Jessica starts to believe, as well. Jessica begrudgingly accepts that Kwan lost, but Evan and Emery convince her that it was a conspiracy for her sake.|
|75||15||"We Need to Talk About Evan"||Anya Adams||Josh Kirby & Jon Veles||January 30, 2018||4AXT14||3.46|
|Lincoln Middle School starts its Student of the Month program and Evan is not the first winner. Jessica, hoping to use the award to one-up her new frenemy Amy (Angela Kinsey), pushes Evan to participate in more school activities. As Evan overextends himself, the stress leads to an angry meltdown at a club meeting, forcing him to see the school counselor to Jessica's annoyance. At Cattleman's, Louis gets tired of all the patrons thinking Kenny Rogers is the genius behind the restaurant so, with Matthew's blessing, Louis gets a menu item named after himself. He then goes overboard trying to push Louis Huang's 5-Alarm Chili on all the customers. Eventually, Matthew pretends to be a customer to buy the chili in order to get the ball rolling. Unfortunately, that backfires when it is revealed Matthew is allergic to one of the key ingredient in the chili. Elsewhere, Eddie and Emery decide it is time they learn how to unhook a bra.|
|76||16||"Ride the Tiger"||Bill Purple||Jeff Chiang||February 6, 2018||4AXT16||3.79|
|On Chinese New Year, Emery is happy to have his bad luck year behind him and decides to ask his school crush to a dance. When things do not go so well, Emery questions if his luck has really changed, causing Louis to secretly help turn his son's fortunes. The Huangs have a contest to speak only in Mandarin, with those who are the first to speak English in the new year getting knocked out. It is down to Evan and Jessica, which causes a dilemma for the latter when she is invited to discuss her book on a local TV show. Meanwhile, Eddie does not receive his usual red envelope from Big Auntie and learns from Grandma that Big Auntie is mad at him for something.|
|77||17||"Let Me Go, Bro"||Erin O'Malley||Laura McCreary||February 27, 2018||4AXT17||3.29|
|When Louis and Jessica praise Eddie for his first time making the honor roll, Evan gets mad because they do not know about all the secret stuff he does to make sure Eddie is prepared for school. Though Evan eventually realizes Eddie is more grown up and does not need him anymore, Eddie later thanks him for all he did. Jessica does a ride-along with a local cop after her editors say her book lacks authenticity. Though much of the day is boring, the two eventually come upon a dead body, making Jessica throw up. Meanwhile, Louis gets a call from Kenny Rogers regarding Kenny Rogers' Roasters pending bankruptcy. Rogers offers Louis the opportunity to buy out his share of the restaurant for pennies on the dollar, then orders Louis to tell Matthew he is fired. After Louis shares the news, he immediately hires Matthew to work for him.|
|78||18||"Measure Twice, Cut Once"||Sean Kavanagh||Keith Heisler||March 13, 2018||4AXT18||3.07|
|Jessica is frustrated when Louis is unable to make a decision on buying out Kenny Rogers' share of Cattleman's, as Louis endlessly weighs pros and cons. Meanwhile, Eddie and Emery are tired of "Lent Evan," who has given up watching his favorite show Regis & Kathie Lee, but does record it for viewing after Lent is over. Eddie and Emery taunt him by discussing episodes in his presence, even though they have not really viewed any episodes.|
|79||19||"King in the North"||Erin O'Malley||Matt Kuhn||March 20, 2018||4AXT19||3.61|
|Jessica is collecting praise quotes from various people to put on her book jacket and is particularly eager to receive a quote from Stephen King. When King writes back to say he does not give recommendations to any authors, Jessica is convinced the letter came from one of King's publicists and goes on a road trip to Maine with an unsuspecting Honey in tow. At school, Eddie and his friends (including Alison and Nicole) are excited to go to the spring dance all wearing orange and blue tuxedos like the main characters in Dumb and Dumber. When the school sends out a notice that boys must wear suits and girls must wear dresses, initiated by Ned as payback, Eddie and Nicole decide to rebel and defy the order. Meanwhile, Louis becomes concerned when Grandma wants to leave the house and move to a retirement community.|
Season 5 (2018–19)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|80||1||"Fresh Off the RV"||Anya Adams||Matt Kuhn||October 5, 2018||5AXT01||2.85|
|Jessica's book is released, but it is universally panned by literary critics and does not sell a single copy. Not wanting the family to know the truth, she tells them it is a huge success, prompting Louis to buy a used RV to take Jessica around on her book tour. Honey delivers a baby girl, but she and Marvin can not agree on a name. Meanwhile, Nicole tells Eddie that she is leaving for a school in New York, which leaves him wondering how he will carry on without her advice and support.|
|81||2||"The Hand that Sits the Cradle"||Michael Spiller||Amelie Gillette||October 12, 2018||5AXT03||2.69|
|Jessica takes up residence with Honey and Marvin, insisting that she tend to Honey's every need as she recovers from giving birth. After a few days of being driven crazy, Honey learns from Grandma Jenny that Jessica is avoiding having to face up to the failure of her book. Elsewhere, Louis tries to bond with Evan in Jessica's absence, while Eddie and Emery make a half-hearted attempt at working out after watching the film Pumping Iron.|
|82||3||"Working the 'Ween"||Jay Chandrasekhar||Laura McCreary||October 19, 2018||5AXT04||2.87|
|Louis and Jessica offer to babysit baby Maria to let Marvin and Honey have a badly needed night out. In doing so, they learn secrets about how each took care of their three boys when they were infants. At home, Emery and Evan hand out candy as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. Meanwhile, Eddie takes a job at a local furniture store, and offers to work their Halloween night sale.|
|83||4||"Driver's Eddie"||Anya Adams||Keith Heisler||November 2, 2018||5AXT02||2.87|
|With Eddie beginning driver's ed at school, he asks Louis and Jessica to let him practice behind the wheel like his friends have all done. His parents insist that he go through the full educational program first before practicing, but Louis changes his mind when he experiences "Asian driver" stereotyping during an incident on the road. Elsewhere, Evan is upset that Grandma invites only Emery to hang out in her room, later learning that they both get annoyed by Evan correcting every detail of her stories.|
|84||5||"Mo' Chinese Mo' Problems"||Claire Scanlon||Jeff Chiang||November 9, 2018||5AXT05||3.05|
|While volunteering for the census, Evan tips off his parents to a new Chinese couple that has moved into the neighborhood. Louis and Jessica quickly bond with Julius (Reggie Lee) and Elaine (Ming-Na Wen), but their elation sours as Jessica learns that Elaine's Harvard-educated son has an art degree and drives a cab while Louis feels like Julius is moving in on his best friend, Marvin. Meanwhile, Eddie and Emery offer to help Evan in his census work, but Evan soon learns his brothers have ulterior motives.|
|85||6||"Sub Standard"||Angela Tortu||Eric Ziobrowski||November 16, 2018||5AXT06||3.47|
|Eddie's English teacher takes an extended leave of absence and is replaced by Mr. Grant (Ryan Hansen), a substitute teacher. Jessica disagrees with Mr. Grant's alternative teaching methods, even though Eddie is flourishing in the new environment. Elsewhere, Louis and Honey would both like to lose some weight, so they join a couple of exercise groups. Neither group is what they expected, and Honey later learns that she is pregnant again.|
|86||7||"Where Have All the Cattlemen Gone?"||Josh Greenbaum||Erica Oyama||December 7, 2018||5AXT07||2.78|
|After Matthew unexpectedly quits his job at Cattleman's, Louis asks Eddie to work at the restaurant. However, wanting to stay independent, and hearing of a promotion at his current job, Eddie rejects his offer, so Louis hires Trent instead. When his promotion turns out to be no good, Eddie tries to get Trent to quit, backstabbing a coupon he created to get him to quit. Jessica tries to convince Amy (Angela Kinsey) to name her the new PTA president after unsuccessfully trying to become a principal while Emery and Evan argue over who is the funniest brother.|
|87||8||"Cousin Eddie"||Sean Kavanagh||Rachna Fruchbom||December 14, 2018||5AXT08||2.92|
|Eddie tries to get Jessica to be flexible with her Christmas traditions and let him visit Nicole in New York. When acting grown up fails, he decides to vandalize her prized Christmas angel. Jessica freaks out but admits to Eddie afterwards that she does not want Christmas to change because it reminds her of when he was just a baby and she is afraid that he is growing up. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan try unsuccessfully to help Emery find his "go to" friend to invite to Christmas, with Evan finally giving up and choosing for him. However, Emery realizes that Evan is his "go to" friend, always willing and ready to do anything for him.|
|88||9||"Just the Two of Us"||Angela Tortu||Teresa Hsiao||January 4, 2019||5AXT09||3.25|
|Louis and Jessica win a radio contest prize of a weekend vacation at a posh resort, but when they arrive, they realize it is a retreat for couples therapy. Still without his license, Eddie takes advantage of his parents' absence to drive the Cattleman's wagon to Trent's party without an adult to accompany him. Later, Grandma reveals some secrets from her past that surprise Eddie.|
|89||10||"You've Got a Girlfriend"||Alisa Statman||Abbey Caldwell||January 11, 2019||5AXT10||3.18|
|When Evan reveals he has a girlfriend (Julia Garcia), Jessica is convinced it will affect his grades and tries to end the relationship. Meanwhile, Honey and Emery take hopeless romantic Louis to see the film You've Got Mail, and are later shocked when he says he did not like it.|
|90||11||"Driver's Eddie 2: Orlando Drift"||Anya Adams||Josh Kirby & Jon Veles||January 18, 2019||5AXT11||3.40|
|Eddie finally gets his driver's license, but it comes at a price as Jessica insists he start helping with her errands. Eddie rebels when the errands interfere with taking his friends to the Insane Clown Posse concert. Meanwhile, Louis is taken aback when Honey invites herself to tag along with Marvin on the men's trip to the Panama City chili cook-off.|
|91||12||"Legends of the Fortieth"||Josh Greenbaum||Eric Ziobrowski||January 25, 2019||5AXT13||3.36|
|Louis is obsessed with the great outdoors after seeing new movie "Legends of the Fall"; for his 40th birthday, Louis decides that the family needs to go camping, but the kids try to convince him otherwise; Honey gives Jessica birthday gift tips.|
|92||13||"Grand-Mahjong"||Kyle Weber||Cindy Fang||February 1, 2019||5AXT12||3.30|
|Elaine tries to give Jessica tips on building a better relationship with Grandma Huang. Louis challenges Emery to a "good luck" wrestling match to start Chinese New Year, after seeing his Asian neighbor Julius do the same with his son, Horace.|
|93||14||"Cupid's Crossbow"||Phil Traill||Cory Caplan||February 15, 2019||5AXT15||3.12|
|On Valentine's Day, Jessica and Louis compete to give Evan the best advice on how to celebrate with his new girlfriend; Eddie is passed a love note and asks Honey for help finding out who his secret admirer is.|
|94||15||"Be a Man"||Alisa Statman||Laura McCreary||February 22, 2019||5AXT14||3.06|
|When Evan starts acting out at school and is forced to miss his next fencing match, putting his perfect record in jeopardy, Jessica immediately blames it on Eddie's influence. It turns out that Evan has ulterior motives. Elsewhere, Marvin volunteers to help Grandma Huang with some tasks that Louis hates, but later Louis becomes convinced that the two are gossiping about him and he enlists Emery's help in eavesdropping.|
|95||16||"Trentina"||Sean Kavanagh||Jaime Block||March 1, 2019||5AXT16||2.93|
|Eddie learns that his secret admirer is Trent's sister Tina. Trent warns him to stay away from his sister, not for her protection but for Eddie's. Louis is proud that Cattleman's has earned the Golden Prune award from a retiree publication, but when word of the award gets around the elderly community, there are unintended consequences. Meanwhile, Evan fails the mile run portion of the President's Physical Fitness Test, and tries to get a reluctant Jessica to join him in training for a local 5K race.|
|96||17||"These Boots Are Made for Walkin'"||Amy York Rubin||David Smithyman||March 8, 2019||5AXT17||3.09|
|Emery starts skipping his volleyball practice, prompting Louis and Evan to investigate. Louis discovers Emery taking up line dancing in a bar, and understands that his son needs some time to find himself. Meanwhile, Eddie gets fed up with Jessica's rules when she refuses to let him go to a cultural exchange in Taiwan. He decides to leave home and live in Horace's apartment. When Jessica goes to confront Eddie, she is surprised to see he is actually taking good care of himself and that her harsh education allowed Eddie to be more mature than she thought. She reconsiders, and decides Eddie is responsible enough to go to Taiwan.|
|97||18||"Rancho Contento"||Jude Weng||Amelie Gillette||March 15, 2019||5AXT18||2.94|
|Louis announces to Jessica that he has opened an IRA, sparking an argument about when they should retire. Louis' desired retirement age is 55, while Jessica's is "never". Louis then secretly takes Jessica on a tour of a retirement community. Meanwhile, Eddie works to become a more insightful person in hopes of winning back Tina.|
|98||19||"Vice Mommy"||Amy York Rubin||Erica Oyama||March 22, 2019||5AXT19||2.92|
|With Jessica set to begin her to college classes, she names Evan as her Vice-Mommy but Evan finally finds his mother needs some help. Meanwhile, Louis has decided to name Eddie the Cattleman's employee of the month, but soon regrets it when Eddie questions his motives and says dad should be more of a boss at work.|
|99||20||"Nerd Watching"||Kristin Rapinchuck||Keith Heisler||March 29, 2019||5AXT20||2.55|
|Evan finds himself jealous of Eddie's coolness when his older brother becomes a sort of mentor for his nerdy friends. Meanwhile, Louis and Emery conspire against Jessica when they believe Grandma has been scammed and Jessica calls her husband gullible.|
|100||21||"Under the Taipei Sun"||Chris Koch||Jeff Chiang||April 5, 2019||5AXT21||3.05|
|Eddie finally goes to Taiwan only to end up separated from his group, without any money or language skills, until a man rescues him. Back in Orlando, Louis and the boys try to convince Jessica that she misses Eddie.|
|101||22||"No Apology Necessary"||Josh Greenbaum||Matt Kuhn||April 12, 2019||5AXT22||3.08|
|Eddie creates a diplomatic incident while ordering lunch in Taiwan and is catapulted back to America. To cover his mistakes, Jessica agrees to temporary receive a Taiwanese girl. Meanwhile, Louis continues to apologize, although Jessica tells him that he does this all the time.|
Season 1 (2015)
|Total viewers |
|1||"Pilot"||February 4, 2015||2.5/8||7.94||0.9||2.07||3.4||10.03|
|2||"Home Sweet Home-School"||February 4, 2015||2.3/7||7.47||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|3||"The Shunning"||February 10, 2015||1.7/6||6.05||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|4||"Success Perm"||February 10, 2015||1.8/6||5.86||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|5||"Persistent Romeo"||February 17, 2015||1.9/6||6.17||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|6||"Fajita Man"||February 24, 2015||1.8/6||5.79||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|7||"Showdown at the Golden Saddle"||March 3, 2015||1.7/6||6.02||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|8||"Phillip Goldstein"||March 10, 2015||1.6/6||5.08||0.9||N/A||2.5||N/A|
|9||"License to Sell"||March 24, 2015||1.4/5||4.92||0.6||N/A||2.0||N/A|
|10||"Blind Spot"||March 31, 2015||1.3/5||4.83||0.8||N/A||2.1||N/A|
|11||"Very Superstitious"||April 7, 2015||1.4/5||4.85||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|12||"Dribbling Tiger, Bounce Pass Dragon"||April 14, 2015||1.5/5||4.76||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|13||"So Chineez"||April 21, 2015||1.5/5||5.08||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Season 2 (2015–16)
|1||"Family Business Trip"||September 22, 2015||1.9/7||6.05||0.7||1.51||2.6||7.56|
|2||"Boy II Man"||September 29, 2015||1.7/6||4.74||0.7||1.61||2.4||6.35|
|3||"Shaquille O'Neal Motors"||October 6, 2015||1.8/6||4.85||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|4||"The Fall Ball"||October 13, 2015||1.4/4||3.96||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|5||"Miracle on Dead Street"||October 27, 2015||1.5/5||4.07||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|6||"Good Morning Orlando"||November 3, 2015||1.6/5||4.45||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|7||"The Big 1-2"||November 10, 2015||1.3/4||3.77||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|8||"Huangsgiving"||November 17, 2015||1.4/4||3.90||TBA||TBA||TBA||TBA|
|9||"We Done Son"||December 1, 2015||1.3/4||3.66||0.7||1.48||2.0||5.14|
|10||"The Real Santa"||December 8, 2015||1.2/4||3.94||0.7||N/A||1.9||N/A|
|11||"Year of the Rat"||February 2, 2016||1.4/5||5.19||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|12||"Love and Loopholes"||February 9, 2016||1.2/4||4.23||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|13||"Phil's Phaves"||February 16, 2016||1.3/4||4.64||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|14||"Michael Chang Fever"||February 23, 2016||1.2/4||4.59||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|15||"Keep 'Em Separated"||March 8, 2016||1.4/5||4.94||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|16||"Tight Two"||March 15, 2016||1.1/4||4.10||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|17||"Doing it Right"||March 22, 2016||1.2/4||4.63||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|18||"Week in Review"||March 29, 2016||1.2/4||4.63||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|19||"Jessica Place"||April 5, 2016||1.1/4||4.23||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|20||"Hi, My Name Is..."||April 26, 2016||1.3/5||4.70||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|21||"Rent Day"||May 3, 2016||1.1/4||4.29||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|22||"Gotta Be Me"||May 10, 2016||0.9/3||3.91||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|23||"The Manchurian Dinner Date"||May 17, 2016||1.1/4||4.23||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|24||"Bring the Pain"||May 24, 2016||1.2/5||4.88||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Season 3 (2016–17)
|1||"Coming from America"||October 11, 2016||1.6/5||5.03||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||"Breaking Chains"||October 18, 2016||1.3/5||4.10||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|3||"Louisween"||October 25, 2016||1.2/4||3.98||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|4||"Citizen Jessica"||November 1, 2016||1.1/4||3.51||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|5||"No Thanks-giving"||November 15, 2016||1.3/5||4.28||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|6||"WWJD: What Would Jessica Do?"||November 29, 2016||1.3/5||4.20||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|7||"The Taming of the Dads"||December 6, 2016||1.1/4||3.88||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|8||"Where are the Giggles?"||December 13, 2016||1.2/4||3.86||N/A||1.34||N/A||5.24|
|9||"How to Be An American"||January 3, 2017||1.4/5||4.37||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|10||"The Best of Orlando"||January 17, 2017||1.2/4||3.91||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|11||"Clean Slate"||January 18, 2017||1.5/6||5.50||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|12||"Sisters Without Subtext"||February 7, 2017||1.2/4||3.82||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|13||"Neighbors with Attitude"||February 14, 2017||1.0/4||3.66||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|14||"The Gloves Are Off"||February 21, 2017||1.1/4||3.85||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|15||"Living While Eddie"||February 28, 2017||1.1/4||4.13||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|16||"Gabby Goose"||March 7, 2017||1.1/4||3.69||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|17||"The Flush"||March 14, 2017||1.1/4||3.37||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|18||"Time to Get Ill"||April 4, 2017||1.1/4||3.82||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|19||"Driving Miss Jenny"||April 11, 2017||1.1/4||3.71||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|20||"The Masters"||April 18, 2017||1.0/4||3.72||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|21||"Pie vs. Cake"||May 2, 2017||1.0/4||3.33||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|22||"This is Us"||May 9, 2017||1.0/4||3.43||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|23||"This isn't Us"||May 16, 2017||1.0/4||3.55||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Season 4 (2017–18)
|1||"B as in Best Friends"||October 3, 2017||1.4/5||4.51||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||"First Day"||October 10, 2017||1.1/4||4.08||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|3||"Kids"||October 17, 2017||1.1/4||3.93||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|4||"It's a Plastic Pumpkin, Louis Huang"||October 24, 2017||1.1/4||4.16||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|5||"Four Funerals and a Wedding"||October 31, 2017||0.9/4||3.53||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|6||"A League of Her Own"||November 7, 2017||1.0/4||3.66||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|7||"The Day After Thanksgiving"||November 14, 2017||1.1/4||3.89||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|8||"The Vouch"||November 21, 2017||1.1/4||4.29||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|9||"Slide Effect"||December 5, 2017||0.9/4||3.76||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|10||"Do You Hear What I Hear?"||December 12, 2017||1.0/4||3.91||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|11||"Big Baby"||January 2, 2018||1.2/5||4.23||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|12||"Liar Liar"||January 9, 2018||1.0/4||3.64||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|13||"The Car Wash"||January 16, 2018||1.0/4||3.91||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|14||"A Man to Share the Night With"||January 30, 2018||1.0/4||4.05||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|15||"We Need to Talk About Evan"||January 30, 2018||0.9/3||3.46||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|16||"Ride the Tiger"||February 6, 2018||0.9/3||3.79||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|17||"Let Me Go, Bro"||February 27, 2018||0.9/3||3.29||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|18||"Measure Twice, Cut Once"||March 13, 2018||0.9/3||3.07||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|19||"King in the North"||March 20, 2018||1.0/4||3.61||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Season 5 (2018–19)
|1||"Fresh Off the RV"||October 5, 2018||0.6/3||2.85||0.4||N/A||1.0||N/A|
|2||"The Hand that Sits the Cradle"||October 12, 2018||0.5/2||2.69||0.3||0.87||0.8||3.56|
|3||"Working the 'Ween"||October 19, 2018||0.6/3||2.87||0.3||0.78||0.9||3.65|
|4||"Driver's Eddie"||November 2, 2018||0.6/3||2.87||0.3||0.84||0.9||3.71|
|5||"Mo' Chinese Mo' Problems"||November 9, 2018||0.6/3||3.05||0.3||0.87||0.9||3.92|
|6||"Sub Standard"||November 16, 2018||0.7/3||3.47||0.3||0.79||1.0||4.26|
|7||"Where Have All the Cattlemen Gone?"||December 7, 2018||0.7/3||2.78||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|8||"Cousin Eddie"||December 14, 2018||0.5/2||2.92||0.3||0.86||0.8||3.79|
|9||"Just the Two of Us"||January 4, 2019||0.7/3||3.25||0.3||0.76||1.0||4.01|
|10||"You’ve Got a Girlfriend"||January 11, 2019||0.7/4||3.18||0.3||N/A||1.0||N/A|
|11||"Driver's Eddie 2: Orlando Drift"||January 18, 2019||0.7/4||3.40||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|12||"Legends of the Fortieth"||January 25, 2019||0.7/4||3.36||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|13||"Grand-Mahjong"||February 1, 2019||0.7/4||3.30||0.3||0.82||1.0||4.12|
|14||"Cupid’s Crossbow"||February 15, 2019||0.7/4||3.12||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|15||"Be a Man"||February 22, 2019||0.6/3||3.06||0.3||N/A||0.9||N/A|
|16||"Trentina"||March 1, 2019||0.6/3||2.93||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|17||"These Boots Are Made for Walkin'"||March 8, 2019||0.6/3||3.09||0.3||0.78||0.9||3.78|
|18||"Rancho Contento"||March 15, 2019||0.6/3||2.94||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|19||"Vice Mommy"||March 22, 2019||0.6/3||2.92||0.3||0.81||0.9||3.73|
|20||"Nerd Watching"||March 29, 2019||0.5/3||2.55||0.3||0.74||0.8||3.29|
|21||"Under the Taipei Sun"||April 5, 2019||0.6/3||3.05||0.3||0.77||0.9||3.82|
|22||"No Apology Necessary"||April 12, 2019||0.6/3||3.08||0.3||0.86||0.9||3.94|
- Porter, Rick (March 3, 2016). "'Once Upon a Time'. 'The Goldbergs', 'Fresh Off the Boat' and 'Quantico' renewed at ABC". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 3, 2016.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (June 28, 2016). "ABC Sets 2016-17 Fall Premiere Dates for Shondaland Shows, Kiefer Sutherland's Drama & More". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 16, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 12, 2017). "'Fresh Off the Boat' & 'Speechless' Renewed By ABC". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 12, 2017.
- Otterson, Joe (July 24, 2017). "ABC Sets Fall Premiere Dates for Marvel's 'Inhumans', Daveed Diggs' 'The Mayor'". Variety. Retrieved July 24, 2017.
- Bibel, Sara (February 5, 2015). "Wednesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol' Adjusted Up, 'Fresh Off the Boat' & 'The 100' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 11, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS', 'The Flash', 'Parks and Recreation', 'NCIS: New Orleans', 'Person of Interest' & 'About a Boy' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 11, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (February 19, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Flash' & 'NCIS' Adjusted Up; 'Supernatural' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 25, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice' Adjusted Up; 'NCIS', 'NCIS: New Orleans', 'Fresh Off the Boat', 'New Girl' & 'TV's Hottest Commercials' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 25, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara. "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Chicago Fire' Adjusted Down; No Adjustment to 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 11, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'NCIS', 'Fresh off the Boat', 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' & 'Person of Interest' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 11, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 25, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'The Flash', & 'The Mindy Project' Adjusted Up; 'NCIS: New Orleans' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (April 1, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Flash', 'Forever' & 'NCIS' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 8, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS: New Orleans' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Forever', 'New Girl' or 'Weird Loners'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (April 15, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Flash', 'NCIS', 'The Voice', 'Fresh Off The Boat', 'Hell's Kitchen' & 'Person of Interest' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 22, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Flash', 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.', 'Undateable', 'The Voice' & 'Hell's Kitchen' Adjusted Up; 'iZombie' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 23, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', 'NCIS', 'Limitless' and 'The Muppets' Adjusted Up; 'Best Time Ever' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- Dixon, Dani (September 30, 2015). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice', + 'NCIS', Adjusted Up; 'Best Time Ever' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (October 7, 2015). "Tuesday final ratings: 'The Muppets', 'NCIS' and 'Scream Queens' adjusted up, 'Flash' and 'iZombie' hold". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (October 14, 2015). "Tuesday final ratings: 'The Flash' and 'NCIS' adjusted up, 'Chicago Fire' holds". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (October 28, 2015). "Tuesday final ratings: 'Fresh Off the Boat', 'The Flash' and 'NCIS' adjust up, 'Wicked City' stays under 1.0". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 28, 2015. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (November 4, 2015). "Tuesday final ratings: 'Fresh Off the Boat' and 'Best Time Ever' adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- Porter, Date=November 11, 2015. "Tuesday final ratings: 'Chicago Fire' adjusts down, 'NCIS' adjusts up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (November 18, 2015). "Tuesday final ratings: 'Flash' and 'NCIS' adjust up, 'Chicago Med' premiere holds". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (December 2, 2015). "Tuesday final ratings: 'Fresh Off the Boat' and 'Rudolph' adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (December 9, 2015). "Tuesday final ratings: 'The Flash' and 'The Voice' adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (February 3, 2016). "Tuesday final ratings: 'The Muppets' adjusts up, 'iZombie' adjusts down". Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- @JanetJackson (February 9, 2016). "Check out @FreshOffABC, Tuesday, 2/9 at 8PM on @ABCNetwork! #DammnBaby #Unbreakable #FreshOffTheBoat" (Tweet). Retrieved February 29, 2016 – via Twitter.
- Porter, Rick (February 10, 2016). "Tuesday final ratings: 'Muppets', 'iZombie', 'NCIS: New Orleans' and 'Grinder' all adjust down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (February 17, 2016). "Tuesday final ratings: 'Hollywood Game Night' and 'iZombie' adjust down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 17, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (February 24, 2016). "Tuesday final ratings: 'Agent Carter' adjusts up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (March 9, 2016). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Limitless' and 'NCIS: New Orleans' rerun adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 9, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (March 16, 2016). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Crowded' adjusts down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 16, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (March 23, 2016). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice' adjusts up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 23, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (March 30, 2016). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice' adjusts up, 'Chicago Fire' and 'Beyond the Tank' adjust down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 30, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (April 6, 2016). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'The Voice' adjusts up, 'Chicago Fire' adjusts down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (April 27, 2016). "Tuesday final ratings: 'The Voice' adjusts up, 'Containment' adjusts down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (May 4, 2016). "Tuesday final ratings: 'The Flash' and 'Beyond the Tank' adjust up, 'The Real O'Neals' adjusts down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 5, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (May 11, 2015). "Tuesday final ratings: 'NCIS' and 'NCIS: New Orleans' adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 11, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (May 18, 2015). "Tuesday final ratings: 'NCIS' and 'Chicago Fire' finales adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (May 25, 2015). "Tuesday final ratings: 'The Voice', 'The Flash' and 'The Real O'Neals' finales adjust up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 12, 2016). "'The Voice', 'NCIS', 'Flash' and ABC comedies adjust up, 'No Tomorrow' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 19, 2016). "'American Housewife' and 'The Voice' adjust up, 'Chicago Fire', 'SHIELD' and 'Real O'Neals' down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 26, 2016). "'American Housewife' adjusts up, final World Series numbers: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (November 2, 2016). "'The Flash', 'Chicago Fire', 'The Voice', 'Fresh Off the Boat' adjust up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (November 16, 2016). "'New Girl' adjusts up, all others hold: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 16, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 1, 2016). "'Fresh Off the Boat' & 'American Housewife' adjust up, 'No Tomorrow' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 7, 2016). "'NCIS' adjusts up, 'Agents of SHIELD' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 14, 2016). "'NCIS' adjusts down, 'Voice' finale holds: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 14, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (January 5, 2017). "'Chicago PD', 'The Mick' and others unchanged: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (January 19, 2017). "'Fresh Off the Boat' adjusts up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (January 20, 2017). "'Black-ish' adjusts down slightly: Wednesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (February 8, 2017). "'The Middle', 'The Wall, 'This Is Us', FOX comedies all adjust up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (February 15, 2017). "'American Housewife' adjusts up, 'Agents of SHIELD' and 'Tough Mudder' adjust down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 15, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (February 23, 2017). "'The Flash', 'NCIS', all others unchanged: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (March 1, 2017). "'Fresh Off the Boat', 'Real O'Neals' adjust down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 1, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (March 8, 2017). "'The Middle' and 'This Is Us' adjust up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 8, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (March 16, 2017). "'This Is Us' finishes with season highs: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 16, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (April 5, 2017). "'NCIS' and 'The Middle' adjust up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (April 12, 2017). "'The Middle' adjusts up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 12, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (April 19, 2017). "'The Middle' adjusts up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 19, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (May 3, 2017). "'NCIS' and 'The Middle' adjust up, 'Prison Break' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 3, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (May 10, 2017). "'The Voice' adjusts up, 'iZombie' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (May 17, 2017). "'NCIS' finale and 'Bull' adjust up, 'The Middle' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (October 4, 2017). "'Fresh Off the Boat', 'Voice' adjust up, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine', 'L&O True Crime' adjust down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 4, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (October 11, 2017). "'Voice', 'Flash', 'Lethal Weapon' & 'The Mick' adjust up, 'NCIS: New Orleans' down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (October 18, 2017). "'NCIS', 'Voice' and 'This Is Us' adjust up, 'Black-ish' and 'L&O True Crime' down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (October 25, 2017). "'This Is Us', 'Fresh Off the Boat', 'Kevin' & World Series adjust up, 'L&O True Crime' down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (November 1, 2017). "'The Middle' and World Series adjust up, 'Law & Order True Crime' down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (November 8, 2017). "'The Middle' adjusts up, 'The Mayor' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 8, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (November 15, 2017). "'Fresh Off the Boat,' 'The Flash' and 'Kevin' adjust up, 'Bull' and 'L&O True Crime' adjust down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 15, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (November 22, 2017). "'Dancing With the Stars,' 'This Is Us,' all others hold: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 22, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (December 6, 2017). "'Chicago Med' adjusts up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (December 13, 2017). "'The Voice,' 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine,' all others unchanged: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (January 4, 2018). "'Bull' adjusts up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 4, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (January 10, 2018). "'Kevin (Probably) Saves the World' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 10, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (January 18, 2018). "Originals all hold, 'Modern Family' rerun adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (January 31, 2018). "'Fresh Off the Boat' adjusts down, plus State of the Union analysis numbers: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 31, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (February 7, 2018). "'NCIS' and 'Bull' adjust up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (February 28, 2018). "'The Voice' and 'Kevin (Probably) Saves the World' adjust up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (March 14, 2018). "'This Is Us,' 'The Voice,' 'NCIS,' 'Black-ish' adjust up, 'Rise' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 14, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (March 21, 2018). "'The Voice,' 'The Middle' and 'LA to Vegas' adjust up: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 8, 2018). "'The Cool Kids,' 'MacGyver,' everything else unchanged: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 15, 2018). "'Speechless' and 'Dateline' adjust down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 22, 2018). "'Last Man Standing' adjusts up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 22, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 5, 2018). "'Last Man Standing' adjusts up, 'Dynasty' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 12, 2018). "'Last Man Standing, 'MacGyver,' everything else unchanged: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 19, 2018). "'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' adjusts up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (December 10, 2018). "'Hell's Kitchen' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (December 17, 2018). "'Fresh Off the Boat' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (January 7, 2019). "'Fresh Off the Boat,' 'MacGyver,' 'The Cool Kids,' all other shows hold: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 7, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (January 14, 2019). "'MacGyver' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (January 22, 2019). "'20/20′ adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (January 28, 2019). "'Dynasty' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (February 4, 2019). "'Hell's Kitchen' adjusts up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Rejent, Joseph (February 19, 2019). "'Last Man Standing,' 'Hawaii Five-O,' all others hold: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (February 25, 2019). "'MacGyver,' 'The Blacklist,' 'Speechless,' everything else unchanged: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (March 4, 2019). "'Last Man Standing,' 'Speechless,' all others hold: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 4, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (March 11, 2019). "'20/20' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (March 18, 2019). "'MacGyver,' 'Speechless,' and others adjust down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (March 25, 2019). "NCAA, '20/20,' 'Dynasty' adjust down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (April 1, 2019). "NCAA adjusts up, 'Dynasty' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (April 8, 2019). "'Blindspot,' 'The Blacklist,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' adjust down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (April 15, 2019). "'Blindspot' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- "Solid DVR growth for ABC's 'Fresh Off the Boat'". medialifemagazine. February 23, 2015. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (March 16, 2015). "Live +7 Ratings: ABC's 'Castle', 'Forever' & 'black-ish' See Week-to-Week Gains". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (March 30, 2015). "ABC's 'Fresh Off The Boat' Emerges as Tuesday's Top Comedy in Adults 18-49 in Live + 3 Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 20, 2015). "'The Big Bang Theory' Leads Adults 18-49 Gains, 'The Blacklist' Tops Percentage & Viewership Growth in Live +7 Ratings for Week 28 Ending April 5". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 20, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (October 11, 2015). "'Empire' Hits New High, Leads Premiere Week L+7 Ratings Gains With 'Blindspot'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 11, 2015.
- Pucci, Douglas (September 30, 2015). "Tuesday Final Nationals: Modest Starts for 'Grandfathered' and 'The Grinder' on Fox". USA Today. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (December 21, 2015). "Broadcast Live +7 ratings, week 11: 'Empire' fall finale on top, 'Vampire Diaries' leads percentage gains". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (December 29, 2015). "Broadcast Live +7 ratings: 'Big Bang Theory' gets biggest bump of the season in week 12, 5 shows double in 18-49". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (January 3, 2017). "'Designated Survivor' posts another double-double in week 13 broadcast Live +7 ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 3, 2017.
- Pucci, Douglas (October 16, 2018). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: Long-running Stalwarts 'The Big Bang Theory' and 'Modern Family' Lead All Network Comedies in Adults 18-49 Gains". Programming Insider. Retrieved October 16, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (October 23, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Oct. 8: 'Manifest' Doubles In Week 3". Variety. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (November 5, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Oct. 15: Big Bang Theory Pulls Ahead of Sunday Night Football". Variety. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (November 19, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Oct. 29: Sunday Night Football Soars 66 Percent Versus Last Week". Variety. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (November 26, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Nov. 5: Three Shows Post 150% Gains". Variety. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (December 3, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Nov. 12: 18 Shows Rise by 100 Percent or More". Variety. Retrieved December 3, 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas (December 25, 2018). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: ABC's 'Modern Family' and 'A Million Little Things' Lead in Raw Adults 18-49 Gains". Programming Insider. Retrieved December 25, 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas (January 15, 2019). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: Winter Premiere of The Big Bang Theory Leads All Telecasts in Overall Gains". Programming Insider. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- Pucci, Douglas (January 22, 2019). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: Schooled Series Premiere Edges Past Brooklyn Nine-Nine NBC Debut in Raw Adults 18-49 Gains". Programming Insider. Retrieved January 22, 2019.
- Otterson, Joe (February 19, 2019). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Jan. 28: Super Bowl LIII Clobbers Competition". Variety. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Pucci, Douglas (March 5, 2019). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: 'Survivor' Spring Premiere of 'Edge of Extinction' Makes Slightly Larger Time-Shifted Jump Than its Fall 'David vs. Goliath' Premiere". Programming Insider. Retrieved March 5, 2019.
- Thorne, Will (March 25, 2019). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of March 4: 'Big Bang Theory' Narrowly Tops 'This Is Us'". Variety. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- Thorne, Will (April 8, 2019). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of March 18: 'The Orville,' 'Whiskey Cavalier' Among Biggest Gainers". Variety. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- Thorne, Will (April 15, 2019). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of March 25: 'Whiskey Cavalier' Sees Big Increase". Variety. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- Thorne, Will (April 22, 2019). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of April 1: 'This Is Us' Season 3 Finale Posts Solid Gain". Variety. Retrieved April 22, 2019.
- Thorne, Will (April 29, 2019). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of April 8: 'Grey's Anatomy' Tops Scripted". Variety. Retrieved April 29, 2019.