List of Green Bay Packers retired numbers
The Green Bay Packers are an American football team in the National Football League. Since their founding in 1919, 5 players have had their uniform numbers officially retired. All 5 players are also in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Green Bay Packers retired numbers
HB, 1941-44, 1946-52
When Brett Favre retired from the Packers, the organization planned to retire the #4 in his honor. When he returned to football, this was put off. On August 3, 2014, the Packers organization announced the retirement of the No. 4 jersey and the induction of Favre into the Packers Hall of Fame in July 2015. The number will be officially retired at the Packers Hall of Fame induction, but will not go up on the façade of Lambeau Field until November 26, when the Packers host the Chicago Bears in a Thanksgiving game.
Paul Hornung's #5 was unofficially retired at the Packers' annual press party on July 10, 1967, although there has not been a ceremony to put his number on the wall of retired numbers at Lambeau Field.
In the 2013 training camp pre-season games, jersey #1 has been worn by rookie WR Alex Gillett, and #5 by rookie and WR Omarius Hines. QB Don Majkowski wore No. 5 his rookie season (1987) before switching to No. 7.
- "Green Bay Packers Team Page - NFL.com". NFL. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "Ezmove". Retrieved August 30, 2014.[dead link]
- "Pro Football Hall of Famers by Team". Pro Football Hall of Fame. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- Bellamy, Jason. "Retired Numbers Added To Lambeau Field". Packers.com. Retrieved January 30, 2010.[dead link]
- Demovsky, Rob (April 21, 2015). "Brett Favre's number to be retired by Packers on Thanksgiving night". ESPN.com. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- Christl, Cliff. "No. 5 should hang on Lambeau wall". jsonline.com. Retrieved July 28, 2010.
- Book: Packers by the Numbers, by John Maxymuk