List of Green Bay Packers retired numbers
The Green Bay Packers are an American football team in the National Football League. Since their founding in 1919, 6 players have had their uniform numbers officially retired. All 6 players are also in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
|No.||Player Name||Position||Seasons with franchise||Year number retired||References|
|Canadeo, TonyTony Canadeo||Halfback||1941–44
|Favre, BrettBrett Favre||Quarterback||1992–2007||2015|
|Hutson, DonDon Hutson||Wide receiver||1935–45||1951|
|Starr, BartBart Starr||Quarterback||1956–71||1973|
|Nitschke, RayRay Nitschke||Linebacker||1958–72||1983|
|White, ReggieReggie White||Defensive end||1993–98||2005|
Paul Hornung's No. 5 was unofficially retired at the Packers' annual press party on July 10, 1967, although there has not been a ceremony to put his number on the wall of retired numbers at Lambeau Field.
In the 2013 training camp pre-season games, jersey No. 1 has been worn by rookie wide receiver Alex Gillett, and No. 5 by rookie wide receiver Omarius Hines. Quarterback Don Majkowski wore No. 5 his rookie season (1987) before switching to No. 7.
- "Green Bay Packers Team Page - NFL.com". NFL. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "Retired Numbers - Packers.com". Green Bay Packers. Archived from the original on April 3, 2009. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- "Pro Football Hall of Famers by Team". Pro Football Hall of Fame. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- Bellamy, Jason. "Retired Numbers Added To Lambeau Field". Packers.com. Archived from the original on January 14, 2010. Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- Christl, Cliff. "No. 5 should hang on Lambeau wall". jsonline.com. Retrieved July 28, 2010.
- Book: Packers by the Numbers, by John Maxymuk