Guldbagge Award for Best Film
|Guldbagge Award for Best Film|
|Presented by||Swedish Film Institute|
|First awarded||1964 (for films released during the 1963/1964 film season)|
|Currently held by||The Here After (2015)|
The Guldbagge for Best Film is a Swedish film award presented annually by the Swedish Film Institute (SFI) as part of the Guldbagge Awards (Swedish: "Guldbaggen") to the best Swedish motion picture of the year.
Winners and nominees
Each Guldbagge Awards ceremony is listed chronologically below along with the winner of the Guldbagge Award for Best Film and the producer associated with the award. Before 1991 the awards did not announce nominees, only winners. In the columns under the winner of each award are the other nominees for best film, which are listed from 1991 and forward.
For the first nineteen ceremonies, the eligibility period spanned two calendar years. For example, the 2nd Guldbagge Awards presented on October 15, 1965, recognized films that were released between July, 1964 and June, 1965. Starting with the 20th Guldbagge Awards, held in 1985, the period of eligibility became the full previous calendar year from January 1 to December 31. The Awards presented at that ceremony were in respect of 18 months of film production owing to the changeover from the broken calendar year to the standard calendar year during 1984. Due to a mediocre film year, no awards ceremony was held in 1971.
|The Silence||Bergman, IngmarIngmar Bergman||Allan Ekelund|
|Swedish Wedding Night||Falck, ÅkeÅke Falck||Tore Sjöberg and Lorens Marmstedt|
|Heja Roland!||Widerberg, BoBo Widerberg||N/A|
|Persona||Bergman, IngmarIngmar Bergman||Ingmar Bergman|
|Hugo and Josephine||Grede, KjellKjell Grede||Göran Lindgren|
|The White Game||Grupp 13[a]||N/A|
|A Swedish Love Story||Andersson, RoyRoy Andersson||Ejnar Gunnerholm|
|Mistreatment||Forsberg, Lars LennartLars Lennart Forsberg||N/A|
|1970/71||The Emigrants||Troell, JanJan Troell||Bengt Forslund|
|The Apple War||Danielsson, TageTage Danielsson||N/A|
|Cries and Whispers||Bergman, IngmarIngmar Bergman||Lars-Owe Carlberg|
|A Handful of Love||Sjöman, VilgotVilgot Sjöman||Bengt Forslund|
|The Last Adventure||Halldoff, JanJan Halldoff||Hasse Seiden|
|Release the Prisoners to Spring||Danielsson, TageTage Danielsson||N/A|
|The Man on the Roof||Widerberg, BoBo Widerberg||Per Berglund|
|The Adventures of Picasso||Danielsson, TageTage Danielsson||Staffan Hedqvist|
|A Respectable Life||Jarl, StefanStefan Jarl||Stefan Jarl|
|To Be a Millionaire||Arehn, MatsMats Arehn||Olle Hellbom|
|Children's Island||Pollak, KayKay Pollak||Bengt Forslund|
|The Simple-Minded Murderer||Alfredson, HansHans Alfredson||N/A|
|Fanny and Alexander||Bergman, IngmarIngmar Bergman||Jörn Donner|
|Beyond Sorrow, Beyond Pain||Elers-Jarleman, AgnetaAgneta Elers-Jarleman||N/A|
|My Life as a Dog||Hallström, LasseLasse Hallström||Waldemar Bergendahl|
|The Sacrifice||Tarkovsky, AndreiAndrei Tarkovsky||Anna-Lena Wibom|
|Pelle the Conqueror||August, BilleBille August||Per Holst|
|Katinka||Sydow, Max vonMax von Sydow||Bo Christensen and Katinka Faragó|
|Back to Ararat||Downing, JimJim Downing, Göran Gunér,
Per-Åke Holmquist and Suzanne Khardalian
|The Miracle in Valby||Sandgren, ÅkeÅke Sandgren||Bo Christensen|
- Academy Award for Best Picture
- BAFTA Award for Best Film
- Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Drama
- Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
- Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film (List of Academy Award winners and nominees for Best Foreign Language Film)
- Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Guldbagge Award categories". The Swedish Film Database. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "Värdar, tid och plats för alla Guldbaggegalor" (in Swedish). The Swedish Film Database. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- "När filmgalan var ny" (in Swedish). The Swedish Film Database. Retrieved February 19, 2014.
- "Nominations for the 2015 Guldbagge Awards" (Press release). Swedish Film Institute. January 4, 2016. Retrieved January 5, 2016.