List of Guyanese Britons
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (September 2012)|
|Part of a series on|
|African and Caribbean|
This is a list of notable Guyanese British people.
- John Agard, playwright, poet and children's writer.
- Tina Barrett, singer from S Club, Guyanese mother.
- Meiling Jin (b. 1956), Guyanese-born writer.
- Hew Locke, contemporary sculptor, son of Guyanese sculptor Donald Locke.
- Phil Lynott, frontman of the rock band Thin Lizzy, with an Afro-Guyanese father.
- Jan Lowe Shinebourne (born 1947), Guyanese-born novelist.
- Laurie Taitt (1934–2006), Olympic sprint hurdler.
- "John Agard – was born on 21 June 1949 in British Guiana (now Guyana)". Contemporarywriters.com. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "S Club 7's Tina Barrett Talks To Holy Moly about her return to pop | Music Interviews". Holy Moly!. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- Brown, Susan, Patricia Clements, and Isobel Grundy. "Meiling Jin." Women's Writing in the British Isles from the Beginning to the Present. Cambridge University Press, 2006. Web.
- "Hew Locke | Artist and Sculptor | Guyana UK". Itzcaribbean.com. 2012-08-12. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "Thin Lizzy Frontman Phil Lynott Leaves the 'Whiskey in the Jar' Empty – Twisted Tales". Spinner.com. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- Anne-Marie Lee-Loy, "Janice Lowe Shinebourne’s The Godmother and Other Stories (Leeds: Peepal Tree Press, 2004)", Kaieteur News, 16 November 2008.
- "Profile of Laurie Taitt". Sports Reference. Retrieved 8 July 2014.