List of Hafizes
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- This is a sub-article to Hafiz
This is a list of notable people who have completely memorized the Quran. Estimates of how many Huffaz (plural of Hafiz, being a single memorizer of the Quran) there have been, range into the millions, across many ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographical divisions. This is not a representative sampling of Hafiz. Centuries are given in Hijri years (AH).
1st century AH
This section does not cite any sources. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Muhammad (Prophet of Islam). He was the first to learn the Quran by heart. According to Islamic tradition, from the age of 40 to 63, the Quran was revealed to Muhammad by God via the archangel Gabriel.
- Abu Bakr
- Umar bin Al-Khattab
- Uthman Ibn Affan
- Ali Ibn Abu Talib
- Muadh ibn Jabal
- Ubay Ibn Ka'ab
- Zayd ibn Thabit
- Sa'd ibn Mua'dh
- Ubayda ibn as-Samit
- Abdullah ibn Masud
- Salim Mawla Abu Hudhayfa
- Tamim al-Dari
- Abu 'Ubaydah
- Uqbah ibn Amir
- Majma' Ibn Jaariyah
- Abu Zayd
- Abdullah ibn Umar
- 'Abd Allah ibn 'Amr ibn al-'As
- Abu Darda
- Zubayr ibn al-Awam
- Abd Allah ibn al-Zubayr
- Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman
- Ibn Abbas
- Hafsa bint Umar
2nd century AH
- Ibn Shihab al-Zuhri (?-742)–before he was seven in only eight days
- Malik ibn Anas
- Muhammad ibn Idris ash-Shafi`i (767-820)– Tradition says that he memorized al Qur’an at the age of seven.
8th century AH
9th century AH
- Suyuti, memorized the entire Qur'an when he was barely eight.
13th century AH
- Abdullah Yusuf Ali
- Ali Kemal Bey
- Imam Ahmad Raza KhanHafiz in only one Month
- Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi
- Rahmatullah Kairanawi by the age of 12
15th century AH
- Sayyid Qutb by the age of 10
- Muhammad Abdel-Haleem
- Muhammad ibn al Uthaymeen "at an early age"
- Yusuf al-Qaradawi by the age of 10
- Ahmed Ali by the age of 11
- Amina Abdul-Majid, a 16-year-old Somali girl who is also blind.
- Saud Al-Shuraim - Imam of Masjid al-Haram
- Salman Abedi
- Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais - Imam of Masjid al-Haram, memorised qur'an by the age of 12 
- Abd-al-Aziz ibn Abd-Allah ibn Baaz 
- Salwa Mirza
- Abdul Aleem Siddiqi by the age of 4
- Merve Kavakçı, Turkish Virtue Party politician
- Muhammed Porča, Bosnian preacher who memorized the Qur'an during boyhood.
- Omar Khadr, Canadian Guantanamo detainee who memorised the Quran during his captivity
- Mosa Zi Zemmori, Belgian Guantanamo detainee
- Mohammed Abdullah Hassan, Somali religious and nationalist leader; memorized the Qur'an by age eleven
- Imams of both Masjid Haram and Masjid Nabawi
- Mohammed Ridwan Al-Jufrie (Indonesia)
- Rashad Hussain
- Saad Al-Ghamidi
- Zakaria Hassan By the age of 12
- Abdirahman Sabriye By the age of 14
- Abdullahi Jama By the age of 13
- Ibrahim Aden By the age of 13
- Calibile Ugas By the age of 12
- Uthman Khan By the age of 15
- Suleman Adam By the age of 13
- Fawad Khan By the age of 15 Imam in USA
- Awais Aslam Rana by the age of 15
- Bilal Aslam Rana by the age of 13
- Hamza Saleem
- Maher al-Muaqli (Imam of Masjid AlHaraam, Makkah)
- Ibrahim Aziz
- "soqte.org". www.soqte.org.
- Issa J. Boullata (2000), 'Literary Structures of Religious Meaning in the Qu'ran', RoutledgeCurzon, p. 355
- Hunt Janin (2004), 'The pursuit of learning in the Islamic world, 610-2003', McFarland & Company, p. 158
- "Somali girl wins Koran recitation". BBC News. 2005-11-03. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "Terrorism, Islam, and Immigration - Crisis Magazine". 5 June 2017.
- "Dr Al Sudais Chosen as 'Islamic Personality of the Year 2005". Somali Press. 13 November 2005. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 2005-12-11.
- "The Clear Path :: Imaam 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn Abdullaah Ibn Baaz". 8 February 2008. Archived from the original on 8 February 2008.
- Dar Al-Tayyebat-Jeddah,Saudi Arabia Certificate issued by Jamiat Tahfeez AlQuran - Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Letter to his mother, 18/6/2004
- "Awais A. Rana (@AwaisAslam) | Twitter". www.twitter.com. Retrieved 2017-02-22.