List of Hawaii state prisons
Hawaii State prisons
- Halawa Correctional Facility – Aiea
- Kulani Correctional Facility – Hilo (inmate capacity approx. 200)
- Waiawa Correctional Facility – Waipahu (inmate capacity 334)
- Women's Community Correctional Center – Kailua (inmate capacity 50)
Hawaii Department of Public Safety jails
- Hawaii Community Correctional Center – Hilo
- Kauai Community Correctional Center – Lihue
- Maui Community Correctional Center – Wailuku
- Oahu Community Correctional Center – Honolulu
Previously, female prisoners were at Otter Creek Correctional Center in Kentucky, but they were returned to Hawaii in 2009 after a sexual scandal. Hawaii also ended its contract with CCA to house male inmates at its Red Rock Correctional Center in 2014.
- Hawaii names warden for Kulani Correctional Facility on Big Island.
- "10 women file suit claiming abuse at Hawaii women's prison". The Associated Press via Honolulu Star-Advertiser. March 31, 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
A spokeswoman for the state Department of Public Safety said Friday that officials have not yet been served with the lawsuit. The department oversees Women’s Community Correctional Center in Kailua, a Honolulu suburb.
- Meronek, Toshio. "Islands in the Sand." Hyphen Magazine. January 24, 2013. Retrieved on July 30, 2016.