High Commissioners of New Zealand to Malaysia
The High Commission is located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia's capital city. New Zealand has maintained a resident High Commissioner in Malaysia since the country's formation in 1963. The High Commissioner to Malaysia is concurrently accredited to Brunei.
As fellow members of the Commonwealth of Nations, diplomatic relations between New Zealand and Malaysia are at governmental level, rather than between Heads of State. Thus, the countries exchange High Commissioners, rather than ambassadors.
List of heads of mission
High Commissioners to Malaysia
- Hunter Wade (1963–1967)
- Doug Zohrab (1967–1969)
- Dick Hutchens (1969–1973)
- Jim Weir (1973–1977)
- Jack Shepherd (1977–1979)
- Michael Mansfield (1979–1982)
- Harle Freeman-Greene (1982–1985)
- Ray Jermyn (1985–1990)
- Michael Chilton (1990–1994)
- Tim Hannah (1994–1997)
- Sarah Dennis (1997–2001)
- Mac Price (2001–2003)
- Geoff Randal (2002 - ? )
- David Pine (2011 - )
- List of High Commissioners from New Zealand to Malaya, for a list of chief diplomatic representatives in Malaya before 1963.
- Heads of Missions List: M. New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Retrieved on 2006-07-08.
|This government of New Zealand-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|