List of High Commissioners of the United Kingdom to Barbados
|British High Commissioner to
Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean
Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom
|Inaugural holder||John S. Bennett, CBE, CVO|
The High Commissioner of the United Kingdom to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean is the United Kingdom's foremost diplomatic representative in Barbados, and in charge of the UK's diplomatic mission in Bridgetown, Barbados.
As fellow Commonwealth realms and members of Commonwealth of Nations, diplomatic relations between the United Kingdom and Barbados are at the governmental level, rather than between their Heads of State (Queen Elizabeth II is head of state of both). Thus, the countries exchange High Commissioners, rather than ambassadors.
The Barbados High Commission also covers several other nations in the Eastern Caribbean including:
- Antigua & Barbuda (Since June 2008);
- The Commonwealth of Dominica;
- Grenada (Since 2006);
- Saint Kitts & Nevis (Passed from Antigua to Barbados in June 2008);
- Saint Vincent & the Grenadines (Since 2007);
- St. Lucia; and
- St. Vincent and Grenadines.
List of heads of mission
- 1966–1970: John S. Bennett, CBE, CVO
- 1971–1973: Sir David Roberts, KBE, CMG
- 1973–1978: Charles Stuart Roberts, CMG
- 1978–1982: James Stanley Arthur, CMG
- 1982–1983: John Morrison, 2nd Viscount Dunrossil, CMG
- 1983–1986: Sir Giles Bullard, KCVO, CMG
- 1986–1990: Kevin Francis Xavier Burns, CMG
- 1990–1994: Emrys T. Davies, CMG
- 1994–1998: Richard Thomas, CMG
- 1998–2001: Gordon M. Baker
- 2001–2005: C. John B. White
- 2005–2009: Duncan Taylor, CBE
- 2010–2013: Paul Brummell
- (March 24, 1918) 1975: CMG; son of late Charles William Roberts and Dorothy Roberts married 1946, Margaret Ethel Jones (deed), two daughters, one son 1936: Colonial Office; 1940-1946: Royal Navy; 1946: Colonial Office; 1949-1950: Assistant Private Secretary to Secretary of State for the Colonies 
- "BULLARD, Sir Giles (Lionel)". Who Was Who. A & C Black. 1920–2008. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
- James, Sally, Diplomatic Moves: Life in the Foreign Service, Radcliffe Press, 1995, page 206
- New British High Commissioner arrives in Barbados, British High Commission Bridgetown, 7 November 2013