List of Hollywood-inspired nicknames
Hollywood is such an iconic name that various other locations associated with the film industry are nicknamed with Hollywood-inspired names. Most starting with the first letter(s) of the location and ending in the letters "-ollywood" or "-wood". The first such Hollywood-inspired nickname, dating back to 1932, was Tollywood, referring to the Bengali film industry in Tollygunge, West Bengal, India.
- Bollywood is the informal name given to the Mumbai-based Hindi language film industry in India.
- Chhollywood is the colloquial name given to the Chhattisgarhi language movie industry in Chhattisgarh, India.
- Tollywood may refer to:
- Kollywood is the colloquial name given to the Tamil language film industry, based in the Kodambakkam district of Chennai, India.
- Kollywood West can refer to Tamil films produced in Europe and North America.
- Kollywood South can refer to Tamil films produced in Sri Lanka or Singapore.
- Mollywood may also refer to the Malayalam film industry in the state of Kerala.
- Sandalwood refers to the Kannada language film industry in Karnataka, India.
- Jollywood is the colloquial name given to the Assamese language movie industry based on Jyoti Chitraban, Guwahati, Assam.
- Ollywood is the colloquial name given to the Oriya language movie industry in Odisha, India.
- Punjwood refers to the Punjabi language film industry in India.
- Sollywood has been used to refer to the Sindhi film industry.
- Kabulwood is the name of Afghan Cinema.
- Dhaliwood or Dhallywood refers to the Bangladeshi film industry, based in the city of Dhaka.
- Pollywood is the colloquial name given to the Pashtu language movie industry in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Kariwood refers to the Pakistani film industry, based in the city of Karachi.
- Lollywood refers to the Pakistani film industry, based in the city of Lahore.
- Kaliwood refers to the cinema of Nepal, the capital of which is Kathmandu.
- Dholiwood refers to the cinema of Gujarati Language in Gujarat India .
- Marywood refers to the cinema of Marathi Langugage in Maharashtra.
- Bulawood is the name given to the Fiji film industry, Bula being a greeting in the Fijian language
- Chinawood is a nickname for the Hengdian World Studio, the largest filmstudio in China.
- Collywood Refers to the Cameroonian film industry. It can also be referred to as Camollywood.
- Chollywood refers to the Peruvian film industry. It is also spelled "Choliwood."
- Etyekwood is the informal name given in the media to Hungary's new Korda Studios under construction in the wine-making village of Etyek near Budapest.
- Ghallywood is the Ghanaian movie and film industry.
- Igbowood refers to the film industry responsible for producing movies in Igbo language, Nigeria
- Yoruwood refers to the film industry responsible for producing movies in Yoruba language, Nigeria
- Hollyhammar refers to the film industry in Hallstahammar, Sweden.
- Hollywood North refers to film and television production in Canada, especially the cities of Vancouver and Toronto.
- Kannywood refers to the film industry in Kano, Nigeria
- Kgalewood refers to an area at the bottom of Kgale Hill in Gaborone, Botswana, the set for the TV series The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.
- Mollywood may refer to the Mormon film industry in the United States.
- Nollywood is the Nigerian film industry.
- Pinewood, name given because of the pine trees surrounding it. Is located in Buckinghamshire, England
- Pallywood is a term used by conservative commentators to describe alleged anti-Israeli media manipulation through video footage.
- Somaliwood refers to the film industry that has sprung up around the Somali immigrant community of Columbus, Ohio.
- Swahiliwood refers to the cinema of Tanzania 
- Tamalewood is the nickname for the film industry in the state of New Mexico.
- Trollywood is the informal name for a film production facility in Trollhättan Municipality, Sweden.
- Valleywood is the informal name for the Dragon International film studio complex in Wales.
- Wellywood refers to Wellington, New Zealand - home of Weta Workshop, Weta Digital and Peter Jackson's film studio.
- Gollywood is the nickname for the film industry in the state of Gujarat. Also a name for the movie industry in Ghana
- Anansekrom is the name for the film industry in Ghana.
- Riverwood is the name for the film industry in Kenya. Its name is from the street River Road.
- NOllywood, film industry in Northern Ontario: Sudbury, North Bay and Sault Ste. Marie.
Some Hollywood-inspired nicknames do not refer directly to the film industry:
- Dollywood is an amusement park owned by Dolly Parton. It may also be used as an alternative spelling for Dhaliwood.
- "FC Hollywood" is a nickname for FC Bayern Munich, used especially widely by German media in the 1990s, an era in which Bayern players were as likely to appear in gossip pages as in sports pages.
- "Mollywood" is sometimes jokingly used to describe the Hollywood Sign-inspired town name on the hillside at the eastern edge of Mosgiel in New Zealand.
- Lists of nicknames – nickname list articles on Wikipedia
- List of scandals with "-gate" suffix