List of Indian state birds
India, officially the Republic of India, is a country in South Asia. It is made up of 28 states and 8 union territories. All Indian states have their own government and union territories come under the jurisdiction of the central government. As with most of the other countries India, has a national emblem—the Lion Capital of Sarnath.
Apart from India's national emblem, each of its states and union territories have their own seals and symbols which include animals, birds, trees, flowers, etc. A list of state birds of India is given below. See Symbols of Indian states and territories for a complete list of all state characters and seals.
|Union territory||Common name||Binomial name||Image|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Andaman wood pigeon||Columba palumboides|
|Chandigarh||Indian grey hornbill||Ocyceros birostris|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu||Not yet designated|
|Delhi||House sparrow||Passer domesticus|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Kalij pheasant||Lophura leucomelanos|
|Ladakh||Black-necked crane||Grus nigricollis|
|Lakshadweep||Sooty tern||Onychoprion fuscatus|
|Puducherry||Asian koel||Eudynamys scolopaceus|
- Indian peafowl, the national bird of India
- List of Indian state symbols
- List of Indian state flags
- List of Indian state emblems
- List of Indian state mottos
- List of Indian state songs
- List of Indian state foundation days
- List of Indian state animals
- List of Indian state flowers
- List of Indian state trees
- "Symbols of States of India". affairscloud.com.
- "State Symbols".
- "State Bird/Animal/Tree - Andaman and Nicobar Administration, India". www.andaman.gov.in. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- "State Animal, Bird, Tree, and Flower of Chandigarh" (PDF).
- "Kalij Pheasant declared bird of J&K UT". 21 October 2021.