List of Indian state birds
India, officially the Republic of India, is a country in South Asia. It is made up of 29 states and 7 union territories. All Indian states have their own government and union territories come under the jurisdiction of the central government. As with most of the other countries India, has a national emblem—the Lion Capital of Sarnath.
Apart from India's national emblem, each of its states and union territories have their own seals and symbols which include animals, birds, trees, flowers, etc. A list of state birds of India is given below. See Symbols of Indian states and territories for a complete list of all state characters and seals.
|Union territory||Common name||Scientific name||Image|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Andaman wood pigeon||Columba palumboides|
|Chandigarh||Indian grey hornbill||Ocyceros birostris|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Daman and Diu|
|Delhi||House sparrow||Passer domesticus|
|Lakshadweep||Sooty tern||Onychoprion fuscatus|
|Puducherry||Asian koel||Eudynamys scolopaceus|
- List of Indian state symbols
- List of Indian state emblems
- List of Indian state animals
- List of Indian state flowers
- List of Indian state trees
- "State Symbols of India".
- "State Bird/Animal/Tree - Andaman and Nicobar Administration, India". www.andaman.gov.in. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- "State Animal, Bird, Tree, and Flower of Chandigarh" (PDF).