List of Indian state trees
India, officially the Republic of India is a country in South Asia. It is made up of 29 states and 7 union territories. All Indian states have their own government and Union territories come under the jurisdiction of the Central Government. As most of the other countries India too has a national emblem-The lion capital. Apart from India's national emblem, each of its States and Union Territories have their own state seals and symbols which include state animals, birds, trees, flowers etc. A list of state trees of India is given below. See Symbols of Indian states and territories for a complete list of all State characters and seals.
|Union territory||Common name||Scientific name||Image|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Andaman Padauk||Pterocarpus dalbergioides|
|Chandigarh||Mango Tree||Mangifera Indica|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Not Designated|
|Daman and Diu||Not Designated|
|Lakshadweep||Bread fruit||Artocarpus altilis|
|Puducherry||Bael fruit tree||Aegle marmelos|
- List of Indian state flowers
- List of Indian state birds
- List of Indian state animals
- Flora of the Indian epic period
- List of Indian state sign
- "Orissa State Symbols". mapsofindia.com. 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2012.
the state tree is the imposing ‘Ashwatha’ tree
- "Occastional Paper-5, Plant Wealth of The Raj Bhavan, Kolkata" (PDF). Website on The Raj Bhavan, Kolkata from Government of India portal. March 2008. p. 16. Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- "State Symbols of India".
- "State Trees of India". www.bsienvis.nic.in. Retrieved 2016-10-15.
- State Animal, Bird, Tree and Flower of Chandigarh (PDF). p. 1.
- Indian state trees
- Official flora and fauna of various states in India On Biodiversity of India wiki
|This India-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|