List of Indian states by life expectancy at birth
This is a list of Indian states by Life expectancy at birth. The figures come from the Human Development Index Report, published in 2011, by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India and Sample Registration Survey (SRS) based life table 2010-14.
The report provides life expectancy at birth for years 2002-06 and 2010-14. In 2002-6, Punjab had the second highest life expectancy. Kerala had the highest life expectancy among the states in India, while Assam had the lowest. The figures for North-Eastern States were unavailable.
|Rank||State||Life expectancy at birth|
|3||Jammu and Kashmir||72.6||-|
|13||Andhra Pradesh (includes Telangana)||68.5||64.4|
- Ponnapalli et al. (2013), Aging and the Demographic Transition in India and Its States: A Comparative Perspective, International Journal of Asian Social Science, 3(1), pp 171-193
- The Future Population on India Archived 2015-07-01 at the Wayback Machine. Population Research Bureau
- "Inequality-Adjusted Human Development Index for India's States 2011" (PDF). United Nations Development Programme. 2011. Archived (PDF) from the original on March 1, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Contents 2010-14" (PDF). OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR GENERAL & CENSUS COMMISSIONER, INDIA. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 November 2016. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "ABRIDGED LIFE TABLES- 2010-14" (PDF). OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR GENERAL & CENSUS COMMISSIONER, INDIA. p. 5. Archived (PDF) from the original on 10 January 2017. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- Life Expectancy at Birth by Gender, 1992 – 2004 Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback Machine. Table 5A.10, India Human Development Index Report, page 287