List of Intel manufacturing sites
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The following is a list of Intel's manufacturing and assembly/test sites. Processors are manufactured in semiconductor fabrication plants ("fabs") which are then sent to assembly and testing sites before delivery to customers. Approximately 75% of Intel's semiconductor fabrication is performed in the USA.
|Fab name||City||Production start year||Process (Wafer, node)|
|D1X||Hillsboro, Oregon, USA||2013||300 mm, 14 nm/10 nm|
|D1D||Hillsboro, Oregon, USA||2003||300 mm, 14 nm|
|D1C||Hillsboro, Oregon, USA||2001||300 mm, 22/14 nm|
|Fab 12||Chandler, Arizona, USA||1996||300 mm, 65 nm|
|Fab 32||Chandler, Arizona, USA||2007||300 mm, 22/14 nm|
|Fab 42||Chandler, Arizona, USA||TBD||450 mm,[dubious ] 7 nm|
|Fab 11||Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA||1993 (Closed)||200 mm, 45/32 nm|
|Fab 11X||Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA||1995||300 mm, 45/32 nm|
|Fab 17||Hudson, Massachusetts, USA||1998 (Closed)||200 mm, 130 nm|
|Fab 24||Leixlip, Ireland||2006||300 mm, 14 nm|
|Fab 28||Kiryat Gat, Israel||2008||300 mm, 22 nm|
|Fab 68||Dalian, Liaoning, China||2010||300 mm, 65 nm|
The Intel Fab 3 building is a wafer manufacturing plant located in Livermore, California on North Mines Road. The plant opened in 1972 and began making wafers in April 1973. Fab 3 closed its doors in 1991. It was the first plant outside of the Santa Clara area, and where the famous Bunny Suits were first introduced.
- Chandler, Arizona, United States
- Chengdu, Sichuan, China
- Kulim, Malaysia
- Penang, Malaysia
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Jerusalem, Israel
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-03-02. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
- "Fab 42: Our Recent Announcement". intel.com. 10 February 2017. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- Hruska, Joel (13 January 2017). "450mm silicon wafers aren't happening any time soon as major consortium collapses". extremetech.com. ExtremeTech. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "A First Look at Intel's 14nm Fab 42 Manufacturing Facility". tomshardware.co.uk. 25 January 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Intel Global Manufacturing Facts" (PDF). Download.intel.com. Retrieved 2017-03-22.
- "Mass Production at Intel's 14 nanometer Node Begins This Year". techpowerup.com. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Intel Fab 3 - eLivermore.com". elivermore.com. Retrieved 22 March 2017.