List of Iranian women artists
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of women artists who were born in Iran or whose artworks are closely associated with that country.
- Shirin Abedinirad (born 1986), installation and video art
- Golnar Adili (born 1976), artist based in Brooklyn, New York
- Shahla Aghapour, painter, sculptor, performance art, author, gallery director
- Dalar Alahverdi (born 1987), artist, educator
- Shirin Aliabadi (1973–2018), visual artist, previously based in Tehran.
- Samira Alikhanzadeh (born 1967), painter
- Morehshin Allahyari (born 1985), artist active since 2007, educator
- Akram Monfared Arya (born 1946), painter late in life, but best known as the second licensed female aircraft pilot of Iran.
- Hanieh Mohammad Bagher (born 1980), artist based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Nairy Baghramian (born 1971), artist based in Berlin
- Sonia Balassanian (born 1942), Works in New York USA and Yerevan, Armenia.
- Fatemeh Emdadian (born 1955), sculptor
- Golnaz Fathi (born 1972), contemporary artist
- Bita Fayyazi (born 1962), sculptor and ceramist known for Iranian public art projects
- Parastou Forouhar (born 1962), installation artist based in Germany
- Soraya French (born 1957), painter, writer
- Mokarrameh Ghanbari (1928–2005), painter
- Bita Ghezelayagh (born 1966), sculptor based in Tehran and London
- Nahid Hagigat (born 1943), illustrator, printmaker and painter in New York
- Gita Hashemi (born 1961), transdisciplinary artist based in Toronto, Canada
- Maryam Hashemi (born 1977), visual artist based in London
- Taraneh Hemami (born 1960), visual artist based in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Sooreh Hera (born 1973), photographer, artist, born in Tehran
- Mansooreh Hosseini (1926–2012), contemporary artist
- Shirazeh Houshiary (born 1955), installation artist, sculptor
- Taraneh Javanbakht (born 1974), Iranian-Canadian painter, ceramicist, musician, playwright, writer, poet, scientist, translator, and human rights activist
- Pouran Jinchi (born 1959), calligrapher, painter, sculptor, active in New York since 1990s
- Shokufeh Kavani (born 1970), contemporary painter based in Sydney
- Zhaleh Kazemi (1944–2003), painter
- Sanam Khatibi (born 1979), contemporary artist based in Belgium
- Tala Madani (born 1981), painter
- Saba Masoumian (born 1982), contemporary artist
- Leyly Matine-Daftary (1937–2007) modernist artist, educator
- Sanaz Mazinani (born 1978), Iranian-Canadian multidisciplinary artist, works including installation art, photography
- Mandana Moghaddam (born 1962), Iranian-Swedish visual artist
- Neda Moridpour, Iranian-American artist, educator, active since 2012
- Noreen Motamed (born 1967), painter
- Nurieh Mozaffari (born 1960), Iranian-Canadian contemporary painter
- Malekeh Nayiny (born 1955), artist based in Paris
- Shirin Neshat (born 1957), visual artist based in New York
- Mina Nouri (born 1951), painter
- Guity Novin (born 1944), Iranian-Canadian figurative painter, graphic designer
- Sara Rahbar (born 1976), contemporary mixed-media artist, based in New York
- Pantea Rahmani (born 1971), contemporary artist
- Pari Ravan (born 1942), painter
- Behjat Sadr (1924–2009), impressionistic painter
- Hadieh Shafie (born 1969), painter, now based in the United States
- Shirana Shahbazi (born 1974), photographer, installation artist, based in Switzerland
- Monir Shahroudy Farmanfarmaian (1922–2019), best known for her mirror mosaics, sculptor, painter, textile designer
- Sara Shamsavari (born 1979), British-Iranian multidisciplinary artist
- Taravat Talepasand (born 1979), Iranian American painter and sculptor based in San Francisco, California
- Parya Vatankhah (born 1976), an Iranian multimedia artist who lives and works in Paris.
- "Golnar Adili". Victori Contemporary. Retrieved 2016-04-10.
- "Taraneh Hemami, 'Most Wanted'". V&A museum. Retrieved 2016-03-06.
- "'To each his own weapon, I have my camera': Iran's 1979 revolution – in pictures". The Guardian. 2016-02-08. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-03-07.